• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compulsion Games title - South of Midnight | Xbox Showcase 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
GPpeSPlXUAAj8vW

GPpe3d7XIAAoqkY

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
The music wasn’t very good. Had to pause the video to make sure there wasn’t some ad in the background running but sadly there wasn’t.

Has good art but nothing else compelling.

StereoVsn

This is the one with that racist community manager, isn’t it?

Quasicat

Gold Member
It looked good, but a game like that needs to run really well…and I didn’t see that in trailer. Maybe once they optimize it before release.

Jaybe

Gold Member

Yup, that one!

Zathalus

I'm almost the same, I find it very hard to watch yet that other game 'Mixtape' has stop motion like animation and looks great, no problem watching that one
Might be because the trailer had FPS drops on top of the lower animation rate. Eliminate the FPS drops and lock to a stable 60 or higher and it should be fine.

bender

What time is it?
The voice actress slipping out of faked southern accent while self monologuing really bothered me. Wasn't really impressed with the game play elements shown either.

Looks kinda cool. I hate that I now have a stigma about seeing black characters. Automatically I'm like "🤬 woke bullshit!" They don't even have to be a lead. Look at that woke character😡. Not sure if it even has to be a game at this point. Look at that woke cashier.

That's pretty terrible

Last edited:

geary

You had that bookmarked, right? You were dreaming of this moment to repost it :)))))

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Hard pass. Gaming sure is saving me lots of money now on things I would have otherwise been all in on.

This game caught me by surprise, I like the art style and gameplay looks sharp. Looking forward to trying it out. And the character makes sense considering the game's southern location.

Unlike AC Shadow. So damn stupid.

No interest in gameplay at 15fps. Same reason why I wouldn't play a poorly running Wallace and Gromit game, it does not work well for video games.

SaintALia

Looks cool, I'm digging the music. I agree with others there tho, the animation bit is a stylistic choice and I acknowledge that, but it is a bit off-putting in gameplay.

SABRE220

Looks great in cutscenes due to the stop motion artstyle but in actual gameplay it looks kind of generic. The disconnect is quite jarring, still looks interesting.

Top Bottom