• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord | State of Play Reveal Trailer

Hohenheim

Looks absolutely terrible. Like a poor mans Guardians of the Galaxy fucked a poor mans Fortnite and made a AI-generated, bland and generic shooter to "appeal to a modern audience".
Fucking depressing stuff.

Thankfully there's loads of other awesome games out there, and there will continue to be, no matter what trends we have to see shotloads of in the most mainstream parts of this industry.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
I understand why this is happening but boy do I hate it. I absolutely hated every moment of that trailer.

It’s just the most vapid, trite, bland, uninspiring slop imaginable. The character design, the tiresome quips, the powers. Just dreadful.

What a disaster.

Roberts

Game looks fun to me. Don’t understand the hate.

Only issue it seems is it has strong competition in Overwatch etc.

Outside of that seems like dumb fun.
Was about to write something similar and have just about zero interest in being an edgy contrarian. I mean, gameplay seems to be totally fine.

Then again, I thought Bleeding Edge and Knockout City were tons of fun for a week or two.

Last edited:

Roufianos

You can't charge for this unless it has a campa
You can't charge for this unless it has a campaign. How hard is it to just make a new SOCOM? At least that would have a good chance of finding an audience.
Honestly, instead of thinking of an underserved market, aka tactical TPS, they'd rather just make the same shit that's been done already.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Sometimes I wonder if I am sick of Hero Shooters in general, or if it's the current trend of lame "diverse" character designs that get in the way

uc6xR6O.png
When you ate other freegunners and play innocent.

peish

Gold Member
Looks awfully generic, awful voice overs. F2p on mobile too?

I see a pattern with herman hulst paying for shitty "talent" studios

FewRope

It looks fun, but if they try to sell this at full price the game is DoA

40€ or F2P would be a good start I guess

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
A few years ago this would have looked a bit like a knowing parody, and you'd expect humour to be a big part of the package. But it just seems as close to a rip off as possible without enraging the lawyers.

Hulk smash!

Endless rage!

Shame though, people have obviously worked hard on it.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I am unhappy that western studios AGAIN drop the ball with no asian, chinese, japanese guys.

That's because they are "white adjacent" so best they can do is women, probably have to make her a lesbian at least as well as that's dangerously close to not diverse enough as it is non-binary too.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Gold Member
Im not sure theres a market for this trash, its completely over saturated with live service hero style shooters, I try them for like 5 hours, dont spend a penny then move on but now with this and Rivals in the same showcase its just, when does it end?

We also had what like 3 souls like games that looked roughly similar as well, Im struggling to distinguish between them all.

This looks like it will have decent gunplay, but the fact its not F2P is a major red flag, all these live service type games need to be free to even get the foot in the door.

I think it will be a flop and the studio will shutter soon after launch.

[Sigma]

Damn this shit is getting killed online.

Concord:

I didn't even pay attention to all the other stuff outside of the cinematic and gameplay. The people they got advising these games now just blows my mind. I know for a fact that I can do a better job than these mfers. That beta better be good or else lol

The robot has pronouns, lmao.

lol

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Gold Member
Poor man's Overwatch+Guardians of the Galaxy+Valorant? Fuck, could this have been more generic?

I was never interested in this game by virtue of it being a live service, but the CGI trailer gave me an impression of a more distinct aesthetic.

The realistic graphics are fine, but the character designs are not consistent or appealing. The gunplay also looks so unimpactful because the realistic models take no visible damage or animate reactions to getting peppered with machine gun and revolver rounds. Just this gameboy advance looking white highlight when they get hit. And some of them aren't even using guns! The witch is using gel pellets and the robots literally using a vacuum cleaner!

Damn this shit is getting killed online.

Holy shit you were not kidding, the comments section on the 2nd video in this thread is pure massacre, 2K likes with 11K dislikes - Not a single positive comment whatsoever 🤣🤣

Fookin' Sony man, this is MS-levels of tone deafness on par with something like Redfall - and it's not necessarily about being a live service game either, it's just that it looks SO generic and SO cliche' and boring that it boggles the mind , it's literally Guardians of the Galaxy x Owerwatch x Destiny but even more bland and ugly being literally almost a decade late...

Who the fuck thought that this was a good idea (or, buying the whole studio even) I'll never understand, this is some truly abhorrent shit, I'm getting Suicide squad vibes here (bomba/flop), hope that they're paying attention to people's responses...

G'damn, what a tone-deaf move by Sony, shit's inexcusable

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I really expected something better from Sony. I expected them to at least try something different.

Instead this looks like a discount Overwatch. It looks so uninspired. So boring. Just a straight copy and paste of a million other hero shooters.

Instant pass from me and probably a game that'll be DOA

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What's the betting this gets a Suicide Squad style heavy delay? The backlash to the game reveal already feels very similar.

Top Bottom