• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CBF didn't clean house after the 7-1 against Germany, it never will. You are stuck with those cunts forever.

They say the 7-1 was an "accident". If it becomes a routine, things will have to change. And no one is better than your worst rival to deliver the humiliation.

Yeah Chile ain't winning this.

Yeah, it will be hard as hell to beat them.

While Argentina ofensive line is better than the chilean, I think overall, there isn't a big disparity in our midfield and attackers (compared to Argentina).

Our biggest problem is the defenders, they are slow as fuck and mediocre. Except for Medel which is great, but one great dude can't do much.

Sampaoli for sure will have a damn hard puzzle to solve to try to improve our last line.

It will be a fun game, for sure.

Congrats Arg-GAF, I can't think of any most awesome performance prior to a final, than this one!!!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
WTF, I can't watch the match, so from time to time I check the online newspaper.

6-1?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O
Paraguay had to do two early substitutions due to injury, Santa Cruz and Derlis. Derlis' absence during the second half left their backline exposed, and Díaz simply had nothing to work with after Di María scored an early goal a few minutes after half time. Paraguay is a team full of players who have been there for years, and they haven't been able to do a generational shift towards younger players for one reason or the other.

EDIT: Why not

CIyuwiBXAAEgdKD.png

Paraguay had to do two early substitutions due to injury, Santa Cruz and Derlis. Derlis' absence during the second half left their backline exposed, and Díaz simply had nothing to work with after Di María scored an early goal a few minutes after half time. Paraguay is a team full

I see.

Man, I don't have anything against Perú cause, after Chile and Argentina they were by far the best team in this Copa, but I'd like Paraguay to win, so they can forget (to a certain point) this humiliation :p

Paraguay had to do two early substitutions due to injury, Santa Cruz and Derlis. Derlis' absence during the second half left their backline exposed, and Díaz simply had nothing to work with after Di María scored an early goal a few minutes after half time. Paraguay is a team full of players who have been there for years, and they haven't been able to do a generational shift towards younger players for one reason or the other.

EDIT: Why not

CIyuwiBXAAEgdKD.png

8rxGbpI.jpg

freakin' Fred is still on the CBF squad = Brazil in a nutshell

You might be confusing this Fred (forward from Fluminense) who played the 2014 World Cup:

fred_reu2.jpg

With this Fred (midfielder from Shakhtar) who played the Copa America:

noticia_773159_img1_esp_fred-shak.jpg

If that's the case, I don't blame you. This new Fred is even worse. lol

Noshino

Never fear. The invisible hand of Conmebol is here.
Seriously, locals always get bullshit refs to help them.

Our chances of Chile not getting away with bullshit calls is getting better though, Wilmar Roldán is the ref for the final. He has been one of the better, if not the best, ref thus far.

Chile had to sweat blood to beat a 10-man Peru, and Argentina just goes and wins 6-1 against Paraguay. Cant see Chile winning .

Chile's current team is basically a weaker version of Argentina's current squad.

Their defense is pretty below average, they are slow and short.

Long passes, set pieces, and a 1 on 1 mark on Valdivia and Chile is useless

The odds are really against them

FuuRe

We're the underdog in the final but all this "FIFA & CONMEBOL love Chile" never seen before bullshit will gather people from all around latin américa to cheer for Argentina.

Chile had to sweat blood to beat a 10-man Peru, and Argentina just goes and wins 6-1 against Paraguay. Cant see Chile winning .
Argentina was very close to losing against one of the worst teams in the tournament, Colombia, so this is meaningless.

We're the underdog in the final but all this "FIFA & CONMEBOL love Chile" never seen before bullshit will gather people from all around latin américa to cheer for Argentina.
It's not never seen. Historically FIFA always makes the referees work for the local team because "it's good business." See Colombia's Cup for reference... or Uruguays...

mfiuza

Argentina was very close to losing against one of the worst teams in the tournament, Colombia, so this is meaningless.

It's not never seen. Historically FIFA always makes the referees work for the local team because "it's good business." See Colombia's Cup for reference... or Uruguays...

Or Brazil's...

oh wait

Noshino

What? You are kidding right?

Its nothing new to see the hosts get away with so much crap. It has happened on almost all of the past few wc that I can remember. Copa America is no stranger to that custom.

Vidal getting away with no card from putting his hand on another players face is as clear as it gets.

Peru also had a hard time against Colombia, and look at how well they did against Chile.

Colombia parked the bus against ARG, that and Ospina sold his soul to the devil (which apparently was only worth regular time +OT lol)

FuuRe

So the correct way to win a cup is if you are not the host?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América#Copa_Am.C3.A9rica_era

There's like 3 or 4 hosts that won their respective copas...

And about the 2001 and 1995 copas i cannot remember anything, and my google-fu took me to a badly redacted taringa article about how narcos took Colombia to the final.

Nothing about the 1995 copa.

Can you tell me please what went wrong in those copas? What's the deal with all the speculation in this thread?

FuuRe

What? You are kidding right?

Nones

Its nothing new to see the hosts get away with so much crap. It has happened on almost all of the past few wc that I can remember. Copa America is no stranger to that custom.

Can you present facts instead of speculation? I mean about the previous copas.

Vidal getting away with no card from putting his hand on another players face is as clear as it gets.

He should've been punished for that, even a red card as that had nothing to do with futbol, but that's a single event, you don't declare a pattern from an isolated event.

Jara was sanctioned if you remember, Chile's defense was crap since the beginning of the copa, without Jara is crap x 3, so how is anyone helping us there?

Toxi

Banned
Colombia parked the bus against ARG, that and Ospina sold his soul to the devil (which apparently was only worth regular time +OT lol)
It's kinda staggering how impressive Ospina was that game. That one time he made a safe, bounced the ball out, and then fell down to save the ball again was just unreal.

Santiako

Perú: Gallese; Advíncula, Ramos, Ascues, Vargas; Carrillo, Lobatón, Ballón, Cueva; Reyna y Guerrero

Paraguay: Villar; Marcos Cáceres, Da Silva, Aguilar, Samudio; Osvaldo Martínez, Ortigoza, Víctor Cáceres, Romero; Bobadilla y Barrios

I hope we see some nice goals today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom