• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

PanzerAzel

Perhaps a stupid question, it’s been a long time since I played this, but how do I repair equipment durability early game?

Skifi28

Gold Member
So conflicted on getting it. I've wasted enough of my life on Diablo 2 already, I was happy I had moved past it this last decade. Darn you Blizzard.

killatopak

Gold Member
I am following the meteorb guide from mrllamasc that says to use Nova as early build. I just got it and it's basically useless, I run out of mana after a few casts and it does barely any damage. Do I need to pump this more before it's effective?
I use Nova in conjunction with Static Field. Nova is just for slowing them and finishing them off after their health is cut down by Static Field.

Sometimes mrllamasc’s methods may not be apparent to new players because he simply plays in a different way especially from beginners. He’s a speed runner so it’s pretty weird sometimes but it works.
Perhaps a stupid question, it’s been a long time since I played this, but how do I repair equipment durability early game?
For act 1, go to Charsi. There should be a repair/repair all icon below the items she sells.

I use Nova in conjunction with Static Field. Nova is just for slowing them and finishing them off after their health is cut down by Static Field.

Sometimes mrllamasc’s methods may not be apparent to new players because he simply plays in a different way especially from beginners. He’s a speed runner so it’s pretty weird sometimes but it works.

For act 1, go to Charsi. There should be a repair/repair all icon below the items she sells.
yeah the plan is you static until they have a sliver of health then nova kills everything around you

it works really, really well but eats mana like crazy

Hopefully I can play after that maintenance haha, never leaving a game again.
but I need those runes :(

people who planned on racing must be pissed. the groups who decided to not run countess over and over were able to continue playing whereas the people who decided to do trist/countess runs got locked out.

I know it's just day 1 but I also know some peopel take this shit super seriously

sircaw

Banned
just killed andy, when back upstairs to try to find the wp, i forgot about it, realm down,

please don't put me back like 5 levels and three zones like it did this afternoon cry

Last edited:
just killed andy, when back up stairs to try find the wp, i forgot about it realm down,

please don't put me back like 5 levels and three zones like it did this afternoon cry
I'd be more worried about not being able to bug Andy

I guess it doesn't matter much on normal but people make sure you bug Andy as soon as you kill her. especially with the server going down.

sircaw

Banned

I guess it doesn't matter much on normal but people make sure you bug Andy as soon as you kill her. especially with the server going down.
as long as when i log back in i go straight to act 2 but yer saying that probably want to get out of normal asap, if it happened on nightmare plus i would be worried.

as long as when i log back in i go straight to act 2 but yer saying that probably want to get out of normal asap, if it happened on nightmare plus i would be worried.
the way the bug works is you head to act 2/travel east before closing/exiting the game

you're probably better off of if they rolled you back before Andy died so you can still bug her

if you killed her, stayed in act 1, then got disconnected, I have no idea if the bug worked or whether you can still bug her

Last edited:

I_D

Just to clarify what this is talking about:

The purpose of causing an Andariel bug (glitch) is to increase your chances of finding good loot when you kill her.
The first time you ever kill a boss, your magic-find statistic is increased for that one particular boss. After that boss has been killed, your MF returns to normal.
You can glitch Andariel so that she is always stuck in the MF+ status.

In order to achieve this, you must kill Andariel.
When she dies, a town-portal will open (without you needing to use a scroll). This happens for all of the bosses, just an fyi.
Go through that town-portal, then immediately talk to Warriv.
You can travel East, or stay put. It doesn't matter.
As soon as you have exhausted his dialogue, immediately exit the game.

Andariel is now permanently bugged in that difficulty.

I still haven't been able to even join a single game. :messenger_pensive:

Just to clarify what this is talking about:

The purpose of causing an Andariel bug (glitch) is to increase your chances of finding good loot when you kill her.
The first time you ever kill a boss, your magic-find statistic is increased for that one particular boss. After that boss has been killed, your MF returns to normal.
You can glitch Andariel so that she is always stuck in the MF+ status.

In order to achieve this, you must kill Andariel.
When she dies, a town-portal will open (without you needing to use a scroll). This happens for all of the bosses, just an fyi.
Go through that town-portal, then immediately talk to Warriv.
You can travel East, or stay put. It doesn't matter.
As soon as you have exhausted his dialogue, immediately exit the game.

Andariel is now permanently bugged in that difficulty.

I still haven't been able to even join a single game. :messenger_pensive:
according to MrLlamaSC you MUST travel east.

according to him the only thing that matters is that you travel east after killing her but before exiting the game

I used to think you needed to take her TP but I tested it with my own TP after MrLlamaSC saying it doesn't matter during the beta and it still worked

you might be right about only needing to talk to him but I would 100% travel east just to be safe.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
the way the bug works is you head to act 2/travel east before closing/exiting the game

you're probably better off of if they rolled you back before Andy died so you can still bug her

if you killed her, stayed in act 1, then got disconnected, I have no idea if the bug worked or whether you can still bug her
i will find out in 10 mins or so when servers come back up

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
How much time can i expect to sink into this game?
Outer Space GIF by StickerGiant

i will find out in 10 mins or so when servers come back up
it really won't matter much since you're in normal. only thing I think people farm Andy for is nagelring, and I'm not even sure if people really do that? seems like your time would be better spent getting to NM tbh

I_D

according to MrLlamaSC you MUST travel east.

according to him the only thing that matters is that you travel east after killing her but before exiting the game

I used to think you needed to take her TP but I tested it with my own TP after MrLlamaSC saying it doesn't matter during the beta and it still worked

you might be right about only needing to talk to him but I would 100% travel east just to be safe.

I'm pretty sure travelling doesn't matter, but I agree that it's better to be safe than sorry.

It's going to be an annoying process, but I might test it out myself.

EDIT:
Where are you guys seeing the realm-down information? I don't see anything in-game, and nothing on the Battle.net client.

Last edited:

Pilgrimzero

Last time I played D2 I made a Necro who was a maser at summoning... and apparently this was not a good build for dealing with Diablo himself. Thus my whole run was ruined. Does the Remaster make it so you can't fuck yourself if you "build wrong"?

Vagswarm

Looks like I made the right choice in not pre-ordering and waiting to see how word of mouth is. Expect a lot of maintenance, frustration, and excuses for a while.

These issues of not having enough server space at launch have been occurring since the original Diablo II launched (long before WoW). By this point they are well aware of what's going on, they just choose to go with the minimum then add more that are already in the back-up. As opposed to making sure they have more than enough ready at launch, because money.

If they claim they weren't prepared and couldn't anticipate this many players (like they did the last however many times), they are lying.

Relique

Looks like I made the right choice in not pre-ordering and waiting to see how word of mouth is. Expect a lot of maintenance, frustration, and excuses for a while.

These issues of not having enough server space at launch have been occurring since the original Diablo II launched (long before WoW). By this point they are well aware of what's going on, they just choose to go with the minimum then add more that are already in the back-up. As opposed to making sure they have more than enough ready at launch, because money.

If they claim they weren't prepared and couldn't anticipate this many players (like they did the last however many times), they are lying.
I don't get the big deal. It will be okay in a day or two. Buy it then if you want.

lol, they actually gave Assassin some modesty pants for her loincloth armor. I was wondering why her skin looked so wrinkly and then I remembered I could zoom in and sure enough: she now has ugly flesh-colored pants. That's what the current artists at Blizzard interpreted the original sprites as? Right...

I know this is probably old news but I haven't kept up with development at all, outside of the original announcement when they showed John Cena Amazon.

Malakhov

Banned
I would just focus on Lightning/chain light/light mastery and Charged bolt if you want to start out as a light sorc. Charged Bolt is really deadly and great against packs or solo targets (if you stand close). Think its the fastest starting out for a Sorc.

speedrunners use the lightning bolt/nova

it's the fastest but requires a ton of mana. nova eats your mana but you're supposed to slamming mana pots.

if you do and point some points in energy, it's incredibly effective. i just don't like that playstyle.

you can watch this video if you want an idea as to how it plays:

the nova/lightning build actually takes some basic understanding of the game as you're going to be right up against the mobs can can easily die

also you want to use the charged bolt like a shotgun against elites/bosses/etc. be up against them so all the bolts hit them.

once you start using nova you want to static until they're almost dead then nova

on console the game will automatically start to use mana pots in your inventory when there aren't any in your belt, not sure what you're playing on but that should help. plan on filling your inventory with mana pots.

edit: I go fire then respec into what I want because I don't like slamming pots, but lightning tree is very efficient if played right.

don't be afraid to dump some points in energy. you'll be respecing into meteorb anyways based on your post

Im respecing, i just teamed with a fireball sorc and he was mowing down everything while i had problems killing some simple stuff. He told me all he was using was fireball so im gonna look into that

Vagswarm

I don't get the big deal. It will be okay in a day or two. Buy it then if you want.
Never said it was a big deal, otherwise I would've pre-ordered it and joined the frustration. Just sayin, this is nothing new and has been occurring with Blizzard games since the original Diablo II launch. There is no way they couldn't anticipate it by this point.

Last edited:

Relique

Never said it was a big deal, otherwise I would've pre-ordered it and joined the frustration. Just sayin, this is nothing new and has been occurring with Blizzard games since the original Diablo II launch. There is no way they couldn't anticipate it by this point.
Many people might have bought it in the few days leading up to release or at launch. I know I did. It's not like they wanted this to happen, and they certainly don't need bad PR after all the recent events over there. I don't know why they would lie about underestimating server load. They aren't the only ones who deal with this, most recent big online games have had issues day 1. From the top of my head recently Destiny, Outriders, Wolcen had problems on the first day or two after a major expansion/launch. Maybe it's just hard to launch an always online game.

Malakhov

Banned
Using this now I respeced, much better

10 points to Fire Bolt
1 point to Static Field
All points to Fire Ball until level 17
1 point to Telekinesis at level 17
1 point to Teleport at level 18
All points to Fire Ball
1 point to Fire Mastery at level 30

I couldn't do shit in the catacombs with my lightning build, I'm one shotting everything now

10 points to Fire Bolt
1 point to Static Field
All points to Fire Ball

I couldn't do shit in the catacombs with my lightning build, I'm one shotting everything now
This is pretty much my exact build that I’m using before I respec

I did it in beta. Once you get leaf everything melts.

mine is slightly different. For example I put 1 point in frost nova as I like it as an AoE slow down spell (I don’t use it for damage)

Malakhov

Banned
This is pretty much my exact build that I’m using before I respec

I did it in beta. Once you get leaf everything melts.

mine is slightly different. For example I put 1 point in frost nova as I like it as an AoE slow down spell (I don’t use it for damage)
Yeah I will try getting a leaf staff as well now

killatopak

Gold Member

10 points to Fire Bolt
1 point to Static Field
All points to Fire Ball

It’s good you finally found a build to your liking. While there are plenty of best builds to min max and stuff, it always much better to go with a build that suits your play style. Have fun my friend, that’s what’s this game is all about.

Map always resets online though right?
Yes, but the manner which the map spawns isn’t always totally random. You’ll eventually learn how all the dungeons can spawn. In my opinion it is essential to learn this if you plan on farming stuff.

edit: it’s pretty easy to figure out how to get to the countess quickly

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
lol, they actually gave Assassin some modesty pants for her loincloth armor. I was wondering why her skin looked so wrinkly and then I remembered I could zoom in and sure enough: she now has ugly flesh-colored pants. That's what the current artists at Blizzard interpreted the original sprites as? Right...

I know this is probably old news but I haven't kept up with development at all, outside of the original announcement when they showed John Cena Amazon.
blizzard is doing that in all their games, they are going back in time. Soon all women in their games will wear burkas.

Malakhov

Banned
Yes, but the manner which the map spawns isn’t always totally random. You’ll eventually learn how all the dungeons can spawn. In my opinion it is essential to learn this if you plan on farming stuff.

edit: it’s pretty easy to figure out how to get to the countess quickly

Will watch thanks. Game is really different playing a caster, I played paladin and barbarian back in the days, it feels like a completely different game

Inviusx

Cant play till after work, can anyone comment on the current gen version regarding the Quality/Performance modes? Are they the same as the Beta or have they been improved?

Hoping for a resolution bump on the performance mode.

This game is pure heroin, just like in the old days. Only wanted to check it out for a bit and when I looked at the clock, it was 3 hours later.
Goddamn... so good.

The "legacy" mode is kinda cool, it's crazy to think that I once blown away by the original graphics. It's still good art, but the pixels man... the pixels!

Top Bottom