• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

This game is pure heroin, just like in the old days. Only wanted to check it out for a bit and when I looked at the clock, it was 3 hours later.
Goddamn... so good.

The "legacy" mode is kinda cool, it's crazy to think that I once blown away by the original graphics. It's still good art, but the pixels man... the pixels!
Yeah I’ve never played a game that makes time to by as fast as d2

Liljagare

Gold Member
Yeah, we all know it's a good game, but instead of evolving and putting out better games for the last 20 years, this is what we arrive at. A time machine, and folks fork out money for a game most of them allready own, again.

The genious for Blizzard is obvious, but consumers once again show the idiocy of it all.

It's hilarious to see. :p

For sorcs struggling with mana early on I recommend throwing in 2 tir runes into a 2 socket white helm (easy to shop for)

+4 to mana after each kill

with leaf that’s +6 to mana after each kill

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Im not sure im understanding my character. I loved D3, had no issues. But the "charge up" skills, I am not familiar with. I made an assassin and all i seem to be doing his hitting A and not really using anything else

Playing online

I will try some countess runs tonight once kids are in bed, not sure I have the patience though lol
It becomes much faster once you learn how to navigate the towers

you basically go LEFT from the direction each level’s entrance spawns.it’s a bit confusing to explain but the video I linked helps a lot

once you have teleport it takes seconds. Might as well wait for teleport

once you get teleport it takes seconds to get to her

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Shit I forget. In D2, if you add runes and shit to items, is it stuck there for good? Or can you break them in your own or one of the town npcs can separate them.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
Yeah, we all know it's a good game, but instead of evolving and putting out better games for the last 20 years, this is what we arrive at. A time machine, and folks fork out money for a game most of them allready own, again.

The genious for Blizzard is obvious, but consumers once again show the idiocy of it all.

It's hilarious to see. :p
Nintendo is charging a fee for n64 roms

Shit I forget. In D2, if you add runes and shit to items, is it stuck there for good? Or can you break them in your own or one of the town npcs can separate them.
There is a recipe to remove them I believe but it destroys the items in the object

edit: this is going off memory, someone correct me if wrong

Last edited:

Macattk15

Well the nostalgia has worn off in the Maggot Lair.

I guess I should not have played the FUCK out of this game back in high school.

Made it longer than I thought I would though.

I_D

Last time I played D2 I made a Necro who was a maser at summoning... and apparently this was not a good build for dealing with Diablo himself. Thus my whole run was ruined. Does the Remaster make it so you can't fuck yourself if you "build wrong"?
It's the exact same game, so some builds will definitely still fuck you over.

A summoning necro is not one of them, though. That build is about as easy-mode as you can get.

Vagswarm

Well the nostalgia has worn off in the Maggot Lair.

I guess I should not have played the FUCK out of this game back in high school.

Made it longer than I thought I would though.
Definitely not looking forward to Act 3 when I jump back in. Those annoying rugrats that come out of the dude's mask (who chases after you and shoots fire)? F them. Whoever designed them had to have wanted revenge on the world.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
It becomes much faster once you learn how to navigate the towers

you basically go LEFT from the direction each level’s entrance spawns.it’s a bit confusing to explain but the video I linked helps a lot

once you have teleport it takes seconds. Might as well wait for teleport

once you get teleport it takes seconds to get to her
I'll wait for teleport now, will watch that video you linked. Can't login anyhow..

PanzerAzel

Yeah, ok this game’s crack.

Man, what happened with Diablo III? I hadn’t played DII for years before its release so many of the criticisms were compared to fading memory, but having recently played III and now this….the difference is pretty glaring. The aesthetic and music are the most noticeable. I always thought the graphics complaints were somewhat unjustified, but this game is DARK comparatively, and the music is awesome. It‘s also great to have a skill tree again and some real permanence and consequences for build decisions.

Hoping DIV takes this game as its blueprint. I’m having trouble tearing myself away from this.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I had a question :

If I die what's the best way to get my stuff back? Beta people said close out game and re open then your items are right there .

I had a question :

If I die what's the best way to get my stuff back? Beta people said close out game and re open then your items are right there .
If you leave game and join a new game your body will be in town. You’ll lose all the gold on you

or you can run to your body and grab it. Your gold will be near your body unless someone picked it up

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Ya'll remember when they launched D3 like this?
R.c136245c2eeb55f9a053ac9b0b26ad0b

Last edited:

HF2014

Is everyobody here playing mostly on PC? I got it on Switch, and i find the transition to the control very hard and confusing, and god the old looking menu and char font make it hard to see ( yes , even bump up the font size ). i do think D3 played simply better on console vs D2.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If you leave game and join a new game your body will be in town. You’ll lose all the gold on you

or you can run to your body and grab it. Your gold will be near your body unless someone picked it up

If I die on the way to the body naked though I lose all my stuff and money right?

Better to be broke but with loot lmao.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Is everyobody here playing mostly on PC? I got it on Switch, and i find the transition to the control very hard and confusing, and god the old looking menu and char font make it hard to see ( yes , even bump up the font size ). i do think D3 played simply better on console vs D2.
D2 was released as a PC game
D3 was developed with consoles in mind

The closest thing back when was a Gravis Game Pad; cut it some shit

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
For pc players that also play in laptops in offline mode..

cloud offline saves are not a thing..

Go to your windows sdd
Then users (your username)
My games
Diablo 2 resurrected and copy all the files on a usb drive.. or whatever.. copy paste on whatever other pc you use on same location.
fixed

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am doing a Static/Nova build for my Sorceress. I understand utilizing Charged Bolt. Frost Nova would slow mobs down. The Static Field doesn’t make sense to me. I’m only a level 9. This build has 4 stats in Static Field and 1 Telekinesis. I’m mainly using Frost Nova and Charged Bolt. Why is Static Field so good?

Last edited:
I am doing a Static/Nova build for my Sorceress. I understand utilizing Charged Bolt. Frost Nova would slow mobs down. The Static Field doesn’t make sense to me. I’m only a level 9. This build has 4 stats in Static Field and 1 Telekinesis. I’m mainly using Frost Nova and Charged Bolt. Why is Static Field so good?
Static Field does damage that is 25% of the monster's current HP. This means you can hit a boss a few times and basically melt its health.
In Nightmare that stops at 1/3rd of the monster HP. In Hell it stops at 1/2 health. But basically for boss killing it is the most efficient way to cut down on time to kill.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Static Field does damage that is 25% of the monster's current HP. This means you can hit a boss a few times and basically melt its health.
In Nightmare that stops at 1/3rd of the monster HP. In Hell it stops at 1/2 health. But basically for boss killing it is the most efficient way to cut down on time to kill.
That’s actually pretty cool. Thanks. I’m noticing the mana drain with this Static/Nova build. I may keep that skill and maybe build something with ice/fire.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

there's no ending this session

at it for 12 ½ hours now, will go for another 12h

ez

d2
Nice, that's how I remember every Blizzard game. Probably get burned out from playing way too much in the beginning, lol. Their gameplay is super crisp, it's hard to put down.

killatopak

Gold Member
That’s actually pretty cool. Thanks. I’m noticing the mana drain with this Static/Nova build. I may keep that skill and maybe build something with ice/fire.
It’s not really the best skill combination if you plan on clearing the whole map to be quite honest due to the mana drain. My play style when doing this is basically an mmo style where you pull a bunch of monsters in one place and then do the static frost nova thing. Otherwise, it’s much faster to find champions and unique monster and their minions and killing them repeatedly if you want xp.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1AhfjF8.png
BwrVdki.png
a4r2jJN.png
GiK1bOL.png
pAzs7xz.png
vIrXbEn.png

insane day 1 trinket
gull
perfect fcr roll spirit (35%)
treads of cthon
perfect roll nagelring (30mf)
and of course mage fist

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i don't need all this crap that i have, so if anyone wants to trade at any time, @ me - i'm down

drotahorror

I'm playing that build. I'm lvl 25 at Chaos Sanctuary in Act 4 and STRUGGLIN. I'm bout to reroll or quit. The mana issues, my merc being so squishy, ugh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom