• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

j0hnnix

I closed out and back in and it wast at 2089mins. Dropped to 68 now. I think they hit the turbo button on their 486.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
FYI guys, a tip when you have an inventory full of stuff after a run - before you look through it, do a sort. It'll organize everything by item power. For where I'm at now, I generally only look at rares above item power 750. Auto salvage every other rare. I'll then consider the item power 750+ legendaries. Any legendaries under item power 750 will be salvaged unless it has a good roll on the legendary affix, or unless it has a high roll on a really important regular affix that I need, like critical strike chance, critical strike damage, vulnerable damage, life, damage reduction, or main stat.

Last edited:
FYI guys, a tip when you have an inventory full of stuff after a run - before you look through it, do a sort. It'll organize everything by item power. For where I'm at now, I generally only look at rares above item power 750. Auto salvage every other rare. I'll then consider the item power 750+ legendaries. Any legendaries under item power 750 will be salvaged unless it has a good roll on the legendary affix.
Thanks, didnt know it was sorting them by item power

Well I actually came out on top after the rollback since I get to re-roll a bunch of junk from the purveyor or curiosities, but I can imagine others will be pissed depending on when they got booted.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

Anyone know theyr server arrangement? Is it getting sorted by region or something else? Despite not having played today (will star my session now), I haven't experienced a single problem, and no queue at all. Maybe it's because I'm in a region with less players (I'm in Brasil. Besides, I'm speculating, don't really know if there's really less Diablo 4 players here) and things are smoother because of that.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Bullshit bullshit and more bullshit. I only wanted to play coop with my kid and I can't because always online failed on their end. Utter fucking bullshit.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Can anyone give me a summary about what the story is from beginning to end or is there somewhere I can go where they tell you?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Horny woman bad. Click many monsters dead until horny woman is also dead, the end.
For a more elaborate response please check the 1.000.001 options on YouTube or Google....
Well, I'm a lore buff. I have most of the lore books like the Book of Adria and Book of Cain. I like reading about the setting and the characters. I think Diablo has some really interesting lore.

Poordevil

Downloaded this game last night on to my PS4 Pro. Played 2 characters, first the sorc and then the barb. Played them both up to the Hermits cabin. Not far along, only level 6.
This is the game Diablo 3 should have been. Thing I noticed the most was how much eaiser it was getting the sorc to the cabin than the barb. I had to fight like heck with the barb. Mix up my attacks, dodge. Really had to pay attention and fight. The sorc was a breeze. Had her fixed up with ice and fireball attacks. Nothing could stand up to her, or was even much of a threat.
I will take them both out into the gloom tonight and see what D4 has to offer!

Draugoth

Gold Member
Just found someone with the $21 Necromancer Set AND the $18 Horse Armor from the shop

THESE WHALES FEEL ME WITH RAGE

images

j0hnnix

I'm dieing to do barrage, rain of arrows build... But I feel like the game forces me to traps, imbuement with my drops.

nikos

Credits just rolled. Game got pretty good towards the end. Soundtrack is incredible.

Was getting bored with the game pretty quickly at first, then something changed and my sessions were lasting for a few hours. Not sure what, exactly.

Hopefully this is where the real fun begins.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The rubbing banding was everywhere except during dialogue sequences. How many more days before you stop making excuses for this game?

SCB3

Is anyone playing a rogue? I've gone for a rogue with a poison-type build. Currently level 28 at the moment and having lots of fun.
Yea thats what I'm using, I think I may need to respec and get Concealment going fully again, there is an aspect that allows multiple poison traps to be led so keeping an eye out for that

DavidGzz

Just shot a barrel and horse armour Pale Tack popped out. Didnt even know horse armour was a drop, what a touch!

Wtf, that's awesome! Say what you want about the game being b2p with micros but Blizzard made the mtx really optional. Like I have no urge to buy them yet. PoE 2 will probably have gross armors again and no stash space.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve made two characters so far, and not sure which I prefer more.

Kain, a Barbarian. I love getting down and dirty and in the thick of it.

Raziel, a Necromancer. While it seems like using this class is cheating, it’s still super fun.

I’m also thinking about trying out a Druid.

Braag

I wonder what they did to Twisting Blades with the recent patch. It's not reducing any cooldowns anymore.
I have to keep running away mid fight to wait for dark shroud or trap to come online as they are the only thing keeping me alive in melee (nightmare difficulty). I might have to check if there are any good marksman builds, melee doesn't feel too good.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
But what do we do with this? It's all RNG as to what dungeon you get from a sigil right?
Considering the teensy amount of sigil dust you get from salvaging, it doesn't seem efficient at all to salvage a low tier one either.
You get a bunch from doing the nightmare dungeons normally, especially in a group. I just salvage the nightmare sigils from the dungeons I know I hate, and only do the ones I like.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So I think I like Druid the most, especially for single player. Necromancer is too easy and Barbarian is just a less fun Druid.

DragonNCM

Credits just rolled. Game got pretty good towards the end. Soundtrack is incredible.

Was getting bored with the game pretty quickly at first, then something changed and my sessions were lasting for a few hours. Not sure what, exactly.

Hopefully this is where the real fun begins.
Loot drops....they sucked you in....

Freeman76

It is impressive how much they have put into this. I didnt really feel like it got into its stride until unlocking WT3. There seems enough content here to keep my interest for a while, not sure what people who complain the endgame isnt substantial are talking about. Seems like a huge amount to sink into, and thats without levelling other characters, forthcoming seasons etc. Great value for money and cant see me playing other games for a good few weeks. Gets a 10/10 from me, they exceeded my expectations on this.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
not sure what people who complain the endgame isnt substantial are talking about.
Most of the people complaining are the ones who've already played the game for 100 hours+

If you grind that hard, things do start to become a little repetitive, but that's more of a them problem, not a game problem. The game was designed more for people who will put in a more modest time investment.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
GDI! I started in T2 but I’m getting caught in that trap of redoing a dungeon because dying a lot to the boss, levelling up. I’m at l22 already and only done one dungeon and like 5 main story quests lol.
Might start again at t1 and bear the shame.

amigastar

Good lord, there are way too many side quests lol. I haven't done a single main story mission since the first town.
Yeah, but the side quests usually start with something like "What's bothering you?"
But yes, they are a nice distraction from the main story but not really very creative after some time.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does Barbarian have any passive health regeneration skills? I can't seem to spot any in the skill trees and unlike D3, health management seems to be more of an issue this time lol.

OK am I dumb, or is there no easy way to refund all of your paragon nodes at once?

There is not, unfortunately. I was watching Asmongold watching Darth Microtransaction's video where he raises a couple of issues & takes which all sound reasonable to me, one of them is the lack of easy paragon refund:

Top Bottom