• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

TexMex

PS5 here. It may have been mentioned in this thread already, but if you’re having issues with the game verifying the license, if you buy the DLC currency pack for $1.99, it resolves the issue for whatever reason. For me it was worth the two bucks to just quit fucking with it.

Beyond that, zero issues and the game is amazing. Absolutely loving it.

is ps plus required for this game?

Yes.

Moonjt9

No Silksong? = Delivering the pain.
Was able to log in on ps5 after buying that $2 platinum pack. Small price to pay to avoid messing around for who knows how long waiting for the issue to get resolved.

Played for two hours before work, got to level 17 on my sorc. Messed around with some skills I didn’t use in the betas, blizzard is actually pretty cool mixed with chain lightning so far. I played WT2 in the betas, doing WT1 for now on release and it is definitely faster leveling. Quite enjoying the game and the loot, etc and seeing into scosglen a bit.

Can’t wait to get back on after work. Three more hours… this game is immediately better than d3 and I’m so excited to get farther in.

Keinu

PS5 here. It may have been mentioned in this thread already, but if you’re having issues with the game verifying the license, if you buy the DLC currency pack for $1.99, it resolves the issue for whatever reason. For me it was worth the two bucks to just quit fucking with it.

Beyond that, zero issues and the game is amazing. Absolutely loving it.

Yes.
I got it working a different way, but cheaper. Simply started downloading a free to play game, Trackmania (any free to play game should work), started D4 and I got in straight away. Worth trying if someone is still struggling on PS5.

Last edited:

Mondai

After reaching lvl 22, I wasn’t really feeling Sorcerer so I deleted that character and restarted with a Necromancer and I’m already have way more fun.

HelpYouFall

question: when playing solo, how intrusive/unintrusive is the presence of other players?...

I would say pretty unintrusive right now, but you can imagine the clown show 6 months down the line when the MTX go nuts ...

Thanks for slamming the servers like crazy right now ladies and gents. Should make things a lot easier for me when I get off work later. You guys are the real MVP's <3

DavidGzz

Saw a dude with the $28 necro armor. Gotta love the these guys that will fund the next expansion. Anyway, I'm in heaven with this game and can't wait to play some more later today. Gotta get some sleep. Rogue is level 21 and I love him. I am forcing myself to wait to start a new class as I usually do pretty quickly usually but I want to find more Lillith statues in the starting area first so that I don't have to hunt them down with my second character.

Holy shit, this workaround for game share works!

Follow instructions to the letter. Once both players are in go to "leave game" with the account that owns it, 2nd signed in account can remain in and keep playing! Crazy we need to go to these lengths to play something we paid EXTRA for, it better work as usual once Early Access ends...

Barakov

Gold Member
Just got finished putting in a solid 4 hours. It's pretty great on PS5. Barbarian is kinda rough in the beginning but I feeling like I'm hitting my stride now. Tomorrow/later today I'm looking forward to diving back in.

EruditeHobo

Taking my time, played a couple hours and got to 12 -- only went through the beta once, no rush for me to get to new content.

Took down the Den Mother at 11 as a Rogue... in the beta it gave me a big headache at level 19 or something (as a Barb), but using ranged rogue build melted her first time. I'd imagine it's a little tougher at higher level too? Seemed pretty easy this go around. At least in ranged spec.

Digging the rogue, even at early levels... some decent CC, AOE, and mobility for the melee spec, and when I switch to ranged it's basically easy mode.
Haven't even yet gotten to interesting stuff like poisoning weapons or whatever, but feeling good about melee. Wasn't sure how it would feel.

Running great on PS5.

Last edited:

dDoc

There's a rumor there's activation code inside the case, backed by Blizzard support's weird response (claiming that it's normal for games on consoles, even though online passes disappeared like 10 years ago and never returned). I hope it's not true and support is just talking garbage as usual.
Wait...if one buys this game physical second hand later down the line it will not work? Or am I misunderstanding?

If the former I will defo never touch another product of theirs.

Thankfully I’m overseas until late Monday night - I’m already breaking my ‘no full price games ever’ rule for this, and if I was home I know I would be suckered into paying even more for early access!

Still need to fully download when I'm done with work (soon), but I'm having a hard time to decide what class to play (didn't play the beta). I was leaning towards barb or druid, but after doing some research, rogue and sorc come up as most fun classes, while ppl are saying druid feels clunky.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Still on the fence.. might have to jump in.
fence GIF

dotnotbot

Wait...if one buys this game physical second hand later down the line it will not work? Or am I misunderstanding?

If the former I will defo never touch another product of theirs.

Yes, this is what it means but I hope it's not true.

omegasc

Game now hangs past queue, when it's about to load. "Reconnecting to Diablo IV" appears in the loading screen and dumps me off the game on PC.

GreyHand23

This will be hard to top as the GOTY imo. Even Starfield will have a hard time reaching these heights. Extremely polished, extremly fun to play, extremely deep. A really really outstanding game. I will play this on and off for the years to come.
This is a deep year. No way any action rpg is winning GOTY.

DanEON

I was getting huge fps drops, like game freezes, it goes down to 4fps for 1s. Happens mostly when I open the map or the menu. It also happens on cutscenes. Anyone else had this? I still didnt test after the update.

GenericUser

This is a deep year. No way any action rpg is winning GOTY.
You are right. Goty probably goes to zelda. But in my personal list, I think there is only one game that can come close to this game and that would be Starfield. Diablo is (imo, of course), the best Diablo game BY FAR.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Played a few hours last night. How long until you get the horse? My one complaint is traversing from place to place takes forever.

GenericUser

There’s something special about transforming into a werewolf and summoning storms from the skies to clear out a mob of enemies.
wait till you btfo a group of enemies with a bunch of exploding arrows only to lure them into a poisen trap while you vault backwards and finally finishing them off with a deadly dance of your two shorts swords.

#JustRogueThings

kikii

Insane input lag during combat (seems mostly okay out of combat - FPS is fine so it's not a local perf issue). Hitboxes are all over the place. Slow tedious combat with no sense of impact. If this was Steam I would have refunded for now. Hopefully they get some patches into it and it picks up after a few updates.
E: wrong game sry :D

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Turns out if you preordered the Ultimate Editon on PS5 and the regular edition on PC, you can play the PC version early too. SWEEEET. I love how easy it is to just plug and play with the DualSense too. Plug it right into PC with a USB C cable and you're good to go.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Game is absolutely amazing. Level 28, running a skeletal minion/blood build Necromancer and having a blast. About the only weakness so far with my skill choices comes when I fight a boss-type that wipes my minions and also doesn't spawn adds for me to kill and re-summon my buddies, but there's only been a couple of those types so far, and even then I didn't die, it just took longer.

I'm constantly in awe of how good this game looks in ultrawide, the art direction is jaw-dropping.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

A server-side hotfix was rolled out this evening. Server-side hotfixes occur in the background and will not require a client-side patch.

Sorcerer
Class Specialization

Flame Shield Enchantment

• When Flame Shield is initially equipped into an Enchantment slot, it’s placed on full cooldown.
Rogue
Class Specialization

Inner Sight

• After Inner Sight’s unlimited Energy expires, there will be a 4 second delay before another enemy becomes marked.
Items
Shout Skill Cooldown Reduction

• This affix will no longer appear on items.
Miscellaneous

• Monster health values have been increased in later World Tiers.

hollams

Gold Member
Played on PC for a couple of hours and was impressed that the longest queue time I had was about 3 minutes. I also got it to work on the Steam Deck but it took me way too long just to get battle.net installed. I went to some sites that had tutorials and for some reason I couldn't get any of them to work. I ended up just installing Battle.net from the desktop mode and added that to Steam and that was all it was. The settings were are low but the game still looked pretty good.

splattered

Have there been enough fits thrown that Blizz enabled game sharing for early access yet? Haha absolutely blows I paid $100 for this so my wife and I could play a little quicker and they lock this shit down. So damn lame.

Top Bottom