• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

splattered

Well damn... My wife decided to go ahead and buy the deluxe edition for herself so we can play early. This will also let our oldest son play the game at launch I guess even though he says he doesn't like these types of games have a feeling once he tries it he's going to like it. Maybe?

Got my Sorc to level 15, what can I say? It's Diablo. Runs absolutely perfect on PS5, no issues. Blizzard needs to sort out this account business and I'll be happier than a pig in shit 👌 Back to Street Fighter, going to enjoy jumping back and forth between these 2 games.

Freeman76

Went sorc for my first character, trying a fire build. Man it feels weak so far, only lvl 16 though hoping it gets stronger. Otherwise, this game is perfect

Luipadre

Gold Member
Played 3 hours, sadly i need to go to work soon, but my vacation starts tomorrow so its all good. Game is amazing, runs buttery smooth on ultra. I had a few rubberbanding during dodge, but nothing too bad. Best blizz launch ever. I love how people were all doom and gloom about the endgame and the launch and both turned out to be excellent

Played 3 hours, sadly i need to go to work soon, but my vacation starts tomorrow so its all good. Game is amazing, runs buttery smooth on ultra. I had a few rubberbanding during dodge, but nothing too bad. Best blizz launch ever. I love how people were all doom and gloom about the endgame and the launch and both turned out to be excellent
It's nice to see negative nancies get shut down.

Played a little last night. It's fucking great. Wish I wasn't at work right now. Gonna go hard on it tonight.
Tell your boss your sick today or better yet, tell him that Jesus has enlightened you with slaying your inner demos today and you must stay at home.

If he says no, take a screencap of his text and put it on Twitter and start drama. Tell Twitter how yoir company is not inclusive and are bigots. Also tell them your gay and your boss is homophobi because he didn't give you a day of during pride month. Company will get canceled, you'll get a day off and a raise!

Profit.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Aspects are account yeah? I can get them all on my main and they carry over? Does your second character have to do the campaign too or do they just spawn into the uncovered map?

Mister Wolf

Tell your boss your sick today or better yet, tell him that Jesus has enlightened you with slaying your inner demos today and you must stay at home.

If he says no, take a screencap of his text and put it on Twitter and start drama. Tell Twitter how yoir company is not inclusive and are bigots. Also tell them your gay and your boss is homophobic. Company will get canceled, you'll get a day off and a raise!

Profit.

I couldn't call off haha. I'm just getting back from taking a trip to Yellowstone National Park last week. I also left early this Wednesday to go apply for a passport. I don't want to piss them off.

Fools idol

Banned
the story is dull as dishwater, christ. Didn't think it could be much worse than d3 but I was wrong.

Everything else is good though

GreyHand23

Aspects are account yeah? I can get them all on my main and they carry over? Does your second character have to do the campaign too or do they just spawn into the uncovered map?
Once you beat campaign, you can choose to skip campaign which will mean you have to lvl up from dungeons and side quests.

TheMan

Decided to jump in after all…played 20 mins before feeling way to sleepy to continue lol

I’ll have to try again tonight

ssringo

Gold Member
Man, took my Deck to work so I could get a bit of casual dungeon grinding done. Fridays are typically dead and we get to goof off a bit but of course today is the day they decided to upgrade some security cameras and computers in the offices. Still barely any work to be done but can't really game with a bunch of fuckers standing over me :(

cormack12

Gold Member
It was not a werebear, not sure what is was then...

Encountered Butcher just now, I was doing OK with kiting but I did not really do enough damage to get him down quick enough and died.
I hit butcher way too early same issue, just didn't have the dps that early.

Captn

I just buy keys at the obols merchant to ensure I'm not constantly at my current cap. Other than that, save until 50.

What do you mean by ensuring you're not constantly at you're current cap?

Also do you mean not using the keys at all until level 50 or just the obols and not the keys lol? I'm confused sorry!

Thnx

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I thought about getting up at midnight (17 hours ago) to play it but I was too tired and had to get up for work. I am only getting to play it now and have played around 1 hour so far until I got to the first town. I did play both betas so not seen anything new yet.

I'm so happy I have a new Diablo game to play!

Do we have a performance thread for the game as I'd like to share some performance thoughts?

Also do you mean not using the keys at all until level 50 or just the obols and not the keys lol? I'm confused sorry!

Thnx
There's a max you can have. If you reach it then you'll lose out on some. Spend some on keys so you won't waste them

sendit

Thnx
  • There is a cap on how many obol's you can carry at any given time.
  • This cap can be increased through in game rewards.
  • Buy keys/items (your preference) to ensure you aren't at cap
With that said, I don't think it really matters. Obol's drop in abundance from all world events.

Last edited:

amigastar

I like the affixes on rare items, something like "get 20% movement speed while using a potion when you are injured".
Spices the game up a good bit.

Much is the case for Diablo games. They do a great job of setting up lore but are dog shit at executing a good story.

I liked the first two in this regard because of how simple they were. You basically fill in the gaps that some grim .. as fuck cinematics present you with a general idea of what's going on. The original especially is carried hard by its atmosphere and presentation with sprinkles of heavy, dark exposition of lore throughout and an ending that is fucking bonkers dark. If you strip it down to essentials, yeah it's simple, but there is beauty in simplicity. Diablo II went a little farther with exposition in-game, i didn't really like that, but it was such a massive improvement on all fronts while also retaining its ridiculously grim cinematics and atmosphere. Diablo III screwed the pooch by going all aboard on story, and the writing and storytelling was just so bad. I loved the cinematics, they work fine as is without all that shitty context in-game because they're epic.

Diablo IV looks like some of the same, but an even more stronger emphasis on story. I'm sure i'll love it, i just love the mythos of angels and demons, even if the in-game story dump will be shit, the cinematics will carry it hard. What i'm worried about is the loot itemization and lvl scaling.

Top Bottom