• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry calls out Turn10 for downgrading Forza Motorsport.

Gambit2483

And yet it's still one of the top 3 best looking games on PS3. I'd love some lies like that nowadays....where games despite bullshots actually end up hella impressive but nope we're stuck with the most dissapointing graphical generation there has ever been,with talentless programmers and soulless looking games.Gaming trully has become a business in every sense of the word.No passion left in western companies it's all about that dough and the content to fill their subscription.

Thank God for the japanese and indie devs.
Agreed, we are definitely in a worse place now. There's no passion left in the West anymore once the corpo suits completely took over.

Barakov

Gold Member
Meanwhile …

VGUQzHc.jpg
94TbCc5.png

RickMasters

Assumptions. I build a pc recently and it will be my main platform after being a console gamer for 30 years. There are also pc gamers who switch to console. Never and always are dumb words.
I own 3 custom built PCs ( and two macs) primarily for music production. Even built them myself…. All of them liquid cooled the weakest one has an over clocked i9 the strongest is an 18 core x299 build….NVME and SSD drives throughout…. Powerful GPUs, in all of them. I even play a few games on them. That said….. I have no desire to make any of my PCs my main gaming platform. Using that as a beacon of perspective here….. I would not consider myself a PC gamer. Inspite of having better hardware for gaming than most people who actually build PCs for gaming. Console gamers are generally not i streets don building their own. They are not interested in delicately placing the cpu into the motherboard of gently forcing NVMes and RAM into delicate slots. I doubt most even know what a grounding strap is….. these are not assumptions. These are the reason console gamers are console gamers and PC gamers are PC gamers. Console gamers just want a silent, simple box that boots up in seconds and they can get straight into a game. PC gaming is not like that….. you log in…. You wait a lil while…. You load you game and hopefully…. It’s not a buggy unoptimised mess. Console gamers don’t deal with that. They are not interested in making corrections to registry’s caused by corrupted files. I’m fact…. They barely understand PCs!

For me PCs are primarily for work and productivity.

For most people they just want a simple dedicated gaming device that sits under the TV and they can enjoy from the couch. The PC is not that device.

DJ12

I just got the game yesterday.

I'm on PC and on an RTX 3080 with everything set to max. The game looks nothing special and a lot worse than what I personally expected.

I am disappointed.
Point Agree GIF by Ford

It's not the generational leap some people have been making out, in many cases it's worse than the game it measures itself against. (Comparing PC to PS5)

Last edited:
Point Agree GIF by Ford

It's not the generational leap some people have been making out, in many cases it's worse than the game it measures itself against. (Comparing PC to PS5)
Yeah I didn't want ot make that comparison because I don't want to start unecessary arguments on that as there's a different thread for comparing racing game visuals.

BUT I did expect a lot more from Turn10 and espcially the PC version of the game. I can understand if this was the standard for consoles. Hopefully they can 'beautify' the game in future updates on PC?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Sure sure, something is really off with the lighting. I only have this issue with this game and Starfield which has the same levels of grey, but instead you choose to call it system bashing. Great stuff.

And the rumble really just is terrible, but then again, that is actually because of the controller hardware.
Your 'games list' was system bashing and you really showed yourself for what you are...

Accessing the work arounds on PC are way more accessable though.
PC is an open platform.
DF isn't saying you can't access work arounds on consoles.
I feel way more comfortable withy collection of games on PC working into future than my collection of games on consoles working into the future on future console platforms.
BC is not 100% on the PC and Alex was very disingenuous in the way he talked of BC on the PC. I have many games that no longer work on a modern PC. Unless you look to buy them on Steam or download a workaround; Both of which you need the internet for added irony
There are workarounds for console games, be that at worst Emu or at best using an SD card to play those classic games with no need for physical media on your console and I started my gaming life on the ZX Spectrum in 1983 one had trouble loading games up back then, never mind now (if you still have have a tape deck) so Richard point was rather silly on that score too, like it was over Smart Delivery

Your 'games list' was system bashing and you really showed yourself for what you are...
Really? I thought I literally named some games that I actually liked, but they are niche games. Wouldn’t call that system bashing. And I forgot to mention Starfield even.

But ok maybe it does show me for what I am. Someone who enjoys playing video games but can also be critic of them. Also, has nothing to do with what system they are on. If the game would be crap on ps5 or Switch, or anything else I’ll still be critic of it.

E.G. I said I enjoy playing Starfield myself, but I can see why it’s not a high quality game and why many people wouldn’t like it.

Maybe this shows more of what you are, an MS defender to the death, unable to see what is good and what is not. Blinded by MS is the godz.

Really? I thought I literally named some games that I actually liked, but they are niche games. Wouldn’t call that system bashing. And I forgot to mention Starfield even.

But ok maybe it does show me for what I am. Someone who enjoys playing video games but can also be critic of them. Also, has nothing to do with what system they are on. If the game would be crap on ps5 or Switch, or anything else I’ll still be critic of it.

E.G. I said I enjoy playing Starfield myself, but I can see why it’s not a high quality game and why many people wouldn’t like it.

Maybe this shows more of what you are, an MS defender to the death, unable to see what is good and what is not. Blinded by MS is the godz.

Please anytime someone needs to make a 'list' of games that are 'crap' on a system. One knows the game you are playing Jim

Please anytime someone needs to make a 'list' of games that are 'crap' on a system. One knows the game you are playing Jim
Oh wow going full delusional now, I’m not Jim, I’m sorry. Maybe you should go see a doctor and talk about your state of mind.

Also, I can promise you if Spider-Man 2 comes out broken and as a terrible game, I’ll be just as critic of it. But then again, we can say with more than 90% certainty it will turn out great. I know it pains you but you don’t have to project your insecurities about your box/games of choice on me.

Ps: I didn’t create a list of games that are crap on the system. Maybe you should read again. I made a list of games that I think are nice, but I understand why people wouldn’t buy them.

Last edited:
I own 3 custom built PCs ( and two macs) primarily for music production. Even built them myself…. All of them liquid cooled the weakest one has an over clocked i9 the strongest is an 18 core x299 build….NVME and SSD drives throughout…. Powerful GPUs, in all of them. I even play a few games on them. That said….. I have no desire to make any of my PCs my main gaming platform. Using that as a beacon of perspective here….. I would not consider myself a PC gamer. Inspite of having better hardware for gaming than most people who actually build PCs for gaming. Console gamers are generally not i streets don building their own. They are not interested in delicately placing the cpu into the motherboard of gently forcing NVMes and RAM into delicate slots. I doubt most even know what a grounding strap is….. these are not assumptions. These are the reason console gamers are console gamers and PC gamers are PC gamers. Console gamers just want a silent, simple box that boots up in seconds and they can get straight into a game. PC gaming is not like that….. you log in…. You wait a lil while…. You load you game and hopefully…. It’s not a buggy unoptimised mess. Console gamers don’t deal with that. They are not interested in making corrections to registry’s caused by corrupted files. I’m fact…. They barely understand PCs!

For me PCs are primarily for work and productivity.

For most people they just want a simple dedicated gaming device that sits under the TV and they can enjoy from the couch. The PC is not that device.
PC, HDMI cable to TV and a Dualsense controller. The PC is now that device

TheTony316

PC, HDMI cable to TV and a Dualsense controller. The PC is now that device

Yeah but you still need a keyboard and mouse for everything that isn't big picture mode. PC is riddled with launchers that don't support controller navigation and many games tend to launch on windowed mode, which is annoying.

It mostly works well but it isn't as fast or convenient as a console.

And most people just don't want to have a gaming PC in their living room.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Somebody has set it to low settings and is trolling most likely in those shots. There is no way any part of the track is that bad. Is there?
Its zoomed in photomode shots, remember Forza doesn't render the zoomed in area in photomode. The distance lod stays the same in the area you start the photomode. And it could be also low settings on top of that ofcourse.

demigod

Bruh stop trolling, its obviously zoomed in shot from the top of the corkscrew. Its taken from 500m further and zoomed the fuck in.

Forza-Motorsport-12-10-2023-1-06-53.png

Forza-Motorsport-12-10-2023-1-04-55.png

eOjhavm.jpg

T Three i was right.
Trolling? A few days Ago I captured some shots from a review showing stuff like that. It usually happens in replays.

BTW is this comparison true? I know it's a cherry picked image, it's not mine. Found it somehwere else.

F8GzSiUWwAAEs-M

F8GzSiiXgAARzvX

Last edited:

Three

Well? We’re waiting.
Oh no you're going to reawaken "puddlegate".

Trolling? A few days Ago I captured some shots from a review showing stuff like that. It usually happens in replays.
I suppose this is because the camera in replays sometimes zooms and waits for a car to come over a hill or something so you get a lot of long distance footage showing these low detail backgrounds. It's bizarre that they've not tied the LOD to the view frustum somehow though. I guess that means telephoto shots with a high fstop won't look good in forza either.

Turk1993

BTW is this comparison true? I know it's a cherry picked image, it's not mine. Found it somehwere else.

F8GzSiUWwAAEs-M

F8GzSiiXgAARzvX
Yeah nice, again with the found it somewhere lol, let me guess Emula86 on twitter :pie_eyeroll:. Typical scape mode shots from him. Yes we all know scape car models are the best models ever. But they are never in real time outside scape mode and car buying preview. And why do you post random stuff from people without knowing where its coming from or how its captured. How you feel if i post some random troll pictures of GT7 and act like you and say here i found something somewhere. And yeah it happens in every game because it has zoomed in camera angles. Every racing game has this.

Turk1993

Oh no you're going to reawaken "puddlegate".

I suppose this is because the camera in replays sometimes zooms and waits for a car to come over a hill or something so you get a lot of long distance footage showing these low detail backgrounds. It's bizarre that they've not tied the LOD to the view frustum somehow though. I guess that means telephoto shots with a high fstop won't look good in forza either.
The photomode is the same as always. Zero improvements shamefully. Its still the same in game graphics with the only additions been downsampling and bokeh.

Yeah nice, again with the found it somewhere lol, let me guess Emula86 on twitter :pie_eyeroll:. Typical scape mode shots from him. Yes we all know scape car models are the best models ever. But they are never in real time outside scape mode and car buying preview. And why do you post random stuff from people without knowing where its coming from or how its captured. How you feel if i post some random troll pictures of GT7 and act like you and say here i found something somewhere. And yeah it happens in every game because it has zoomed in camera angles. Every racing game has this.
No on a brazilian board I am part of. I don't see twitter.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

F8GzSiUWwAAEs-M

F8GzSiiXgAARzvX

Where is the 2nd image from?

Turk1993

JESUS!!! Is that real-time for GT7? Or all fake?
No, just the car model in a 2d background photomode. The headlight and taillight details in GT7 are the best out of any game tho. They are unrivaled when it comes to those details.

Top Bottom