• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump blasts Qatar on Twitter [06/06/2017]

Tripon

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872062159789985792

During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar - look!
PFjQhwl.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872084870620520448
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/872086906804240384

Beginning in 1992, Qatar has built intimate military ties with the United States, and is now the location of U.S. Central Command's Forward Headquarters and the Combined Air Operations Center.

As of 2015, the following American bases currently exist:

Al Udeid Air Base
As Sayliyah Army Base

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar–United_States_relations

Keep on tweeting Donald Trump.

Does he not know theres a partner air base in qatar not far from Doha there?

Of course not. He'll find that out after he makes a dumb as fuck tweet and one of the WH staff with some level of intelligence has to point it out to him and he goes on a manbaby rant.

Trump has no idea how to play the political game and instead is just spitting Saudi propaganda.
I get the impression he's just intensely gullible, people just tell him shit and he believes it. I don't know if that worries me more than having someone who actually has stupid beliefs.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
As I said in the thread about Gulf countries vs. Qatar, this is such a deep insight into the current crisis. It just clarified everything about why this is happening and what are the next step of US foreign policy. Brilliant. Look!

How is it the whole world knows what saudi is upto but he doesnt

It doesnt make sense

All he cares about is money and being respected

Oh boy, twitter in chief.

I don't like Qatar but I'm not a Saudi puppet either.

Taking sides between shit bags and turd piles, basically what Trump is doing

Lol he has a few conversations with Saudis getting in his ear and now he thinks he can wade into this topic with all sorts of US military/security implications. Go back to the kiddie pool.

Patryn

Well, of course he's spouting the Saudi party line. The Saudis were the last people he talked to! Qatar just needs to get one of their people in a room with Trump and he'll be tweeting about how wonderful they are.

Aiii

So not worth it
Does he not know theres a partner air base in qatar not far from Doha there?

This depends entirely on how many graphs and charts that particular 1-page report had, and how often it related back to Trump himself.

Tuck

During my recent trip to the Middle East I stated that there can no longer be funding of Radical Ideology. Leaders pointed to Qatar - look!

Oh yeah but the Saudis are totally innocent.

Keasar

DAX7OJZV0AEA4C5.jpg

Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz and Egyptian Dictator Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, for those wondering

DonShula

I'm too afraid to look for myself - what do his supporters think about him being a Saudi puppet? Are they just pretending this isn't happening?

Azuran

Banned
He's making his Saudi overlords proud.

It's so ridiculous that this man easily gets along with Russia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia while treating close allies like Mexico, Canada and Germany as pests.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, when I read the thread title I was gonna jump in here and mention Al Udeid Air Base. That's like the gateway to every major conflict zone our military is engaged in right now that's not in Asia.

rambis

Banned
Al Udeid Air Base

This is absolutely catastrophically huge that the US is cutting ties with Qatar. CENTCOM(responsible for the US operations in the ME) is headquartered there in "The Deid". I've worked at this base and its mission is absolutely gigantic. I wonder if they are about to close down shop? Only options for relocation seem like UAE or Bahrain to me.

The bigness of this can't be overstated lol.

Top Bottom