• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump blasts Qatar on Twitter [06/06/2017]

Nesotenso

I know -- though from what I understand the 'Taliban office' is how the US negotiates with the Taliban.

My point is that this conversation, as he tells it, starts with him confronting the Saudis but they say what about Qatar and now he hates Qatar instead and the Saudis are cool

I think the same office or the fact that the Qataris talk with the Taliban helped secure Bowe Berghdahl's release.

Does this mean that we can have the 2022 World Cup on the moon instead?

I know youre joking but I do wanna know what does this mean for the 2022 World Cup.

Had FIFA not gone full greedy and give it to the US (or anyone else for that matter) fucking Blatter would still be in office and his minions not facing jail time!

rambis

Banned
this ally supports terrorism

They also represent maybe our best strategic location to fight terrorism of any place in the world. I would say without a doubt our relation with them has done more to fight terrorism than anything you can dig up about them supporting it.

They also represent maybe our best strategic location to fight terrorism of any place in the world. I would say without a doubt our relation with them has done more to fight terrorism than anything you can dig up about them supporting it.

oh please, the US lost all credibility when they gave the terrorist sponsoring Saudi Arabia a pass in 2011.

George Bush made a big speech about going after nations who harbor and sponsor terror....

they gave the corrupt Sauds a big pass for their direct involvement on 9/11

KingV

Meanwhile...in Saudi Arabia

zA8lUQc.gif

He dances like a penguin. As a dude with little rhythm, this dude has no rhythm.

E-Cat

Holy shit, you just gave 110 billion dollars' worth of weapons to Saudi Arabia!

Shut the fuck up, Trump. Just shut the fuck up.

He dances like a penguin. As a dude with little rhythm, this dude has no rhythm.

He looks so miserable here. The only two times I can remember him looking happy was when the AHCA passed the House and when he was taking a photo with the Russians.

Holy shit, you just gave 110 billion dollars to Saudi Arabia!

Shut the fuck up, Trump. Just shut the fuck up.

He lied about this btw.

jelly

No love for either country but this is one of the most idiotic things he has said and prove once again he isn't a President in any way and a dangerous idiot.

Every foreign terrorist that has attacked the US since 9/11 came from countries not on your travel ban list, asshole.

Oh, right, but you have businesses in those countries.

rambis

Banned
oh please, the US lost all credibility when they gave the terrorist sponsoring Saudi Arabia a pass in 2011.

George Bush made a big speech about going after nations who harbor and sponsor terror....

they gave the corrupt Sauds a big pass for their direct involvement on 9/11
Yeah I have no idea what any of this has to do with anything I've said so I will just end this...

Chuck Todd:

You wrote this in 2011 about Saudi Arabia. "It's the world's biggest funder of terrorism. Saudi Arabia funnels our petro dollars, our very own money, to fund the terrorists that seek to destroy our people while the Saudis rely on us to protect them." What are U.S.-Saudi relations going to look like under a Trump administration?

DONALD TRUMP:

Well, one thing they'll look like -- first of all, I get along very well. They pay me millions of dollars for apartments, okay? I like that. You know, and so does China. And so does Mexico. And so does a lot of other people, all right? I make a tremendous amount of money from selling very wealthy people from other parts of the world and from the United States apartments and other things.
They lease tremendous office space from me. So does China. The biggest bank is in my building, one of my buildings. So it's not that I don't get along with all of -- I get along with them. But their leaders are much smarter than our leaders, Chuck and, like, from a different planet.

dead2.gif

Ernest

Banned
How does he keep getting a free pass with this shit?

If anybody else did anything this incompetent in the real world, they'd be tossed out the door on their ass. But we get stuck with four years of shit like this. Will we survive as a nation? Probably. What I really am starting to think about now is what the next administration (assuming Trump doesn't win a 2nd term) will have to do to restore and rebuild these delicate relationships with the rest of the world.

cDNA

He is trying to tank the natural gas market so coal can make a comeback
I won't be surprised if he actually thinks that

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The fact that Qatar has a US base is meaningless, it's exactly why they will be auick to sit at the table and negotiate. If any hint of a affront to that base happens Trump will declare war on them or whatever. Qatar is screwed.

He's just hoping shit hits the fan before Commey testifies.

Regginator

Trump has no idea how to play the political game and instead is just spitting Saudi propaganda.

Saudi propaganda? If anything, Muslims (at least in my environment) are getting more and more critical of Saudi, and now other countries imposing the ban (especially Sisi). My family and I have been very critical of the Saudi government for as long as I can remember, but now I see a lot of other people joining us in that, people who were prior neutral or even pro-Saudi. Because it's just painfully obvious that the US has something directly to do with this ban, and it only enforces our widespread idea that the Saudi government are just puppets of the West.

Pedrito

Saudi propaganda? If anything, Muslims (at least in my environment) are getting more and more critical of Saudi, and now other countries imposing the ban (especially Sisi). My family and I have been very critical of the Saudi government for as long as I can remember, but now I see a lot of other people joining us in that, people who were prior neutral or even pro-Saudi. Because it's just painfully obvious that the US has something directly to do with this ban, and it only enforces our widespread idea that the Saudi government are just puppets of the West.

You think the Saudis are doing that because Trump told them to? The guy has no freaking idea about what's going on in the ME. He couldn't find Qatar on a map. If anything, it's the Saudis turning the table this time. Trump came in with his empty promise of ending terrorism and the Saudis used that and his naivety to put heat on their adverseries with the benediction of their big brother.

Chuck Todd:

You wrote this in 2011 about Saudi Arabia. "It's the world's biggest funder of terrorism. Saudi Arabia funnels our petro dollars, our very own money, to fund the terrorists that seek to destroy our people while the Saudis rely on us to protect them." What are U.S.-Saudi relations going to look like under a Trump administration?

DONALD TRUMP:

Well, one thing they'll look like -- first of all, I get along very well. They pay me millions of dollars for apartments, okay? I like that. You know, and so does China. And so does Mexico. And so does a lot of other people, all right? I make a tremendous amount of money from selling very wealthy people from other parts of the world and from the United States apartments and other things.
They lease tremendous office space from me. So does China. The biggest bank is in my building, one of my buildings. So it's not that I don't get along with all of -- I get along with them. But their leaders are much smarter than our leaders, Chuck and, like, from a different planet.

dead2.gif
You made that up right? You came up with that. Good bit, sir! That made up interview is funny!

rambis

Banned
The fact that Qatar has a US base is meaningless, it's exactly why they will be auick to sit at the table and negotiate. If any hint of a affront to that base happens Trump will declare war on them or whatever. Qatar is screwed.

He's just hoping shit hits the fan before Commey testifies.

This is so wrong its not even funny. There's no need to affront anything, Qatar can literally say one word and boot the almost billions of dollars worth of assets we have out of their country and weaken our ME prescence tremendously.

Also Trump wouldnt dare take a hostile action against Qatar. Im not sure the most gung ho fucker on his NSC would allow it.

Top Bottom