• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald Trump blasts Qatar on Twitter [06/06/2017]

Regginator

You think the Saudis are doing that because Trump told them to? The guy has no freaking idea about what's going on in the ME. He couldn't find Qatar on a map. If anything, it's the Saudis turning the table this time. Trump came in with his empty promise of ending terrorism and the Saudis used that and his naivety to put heat on their adverseries with the benediction of their big brother.

Not because Trump told them, but because the US told them. The Saudi wouldn't even be in the position to play tough or to impose these kind of bans if the US didn't have their back. So yes, in that regard it only reinforces the widespread notion that the Saudi government are spineless dogs. Chained until their American overlords unleash them.

Don't know what to say. I'm speechless. I want to say something, but I am not sure it will really do it justice.
What Trump has done here, is two steps below an official endorsement of Saudi Arabian leadership, who- With the exception of North Korea are the most ruthless killers on earth now.

It doesn't feel real that he said this. It feels like the John Oliver Joke. How can he be so incapable of saying such terrible things no matter what question it is? It feels like someone can only do this if they tried on purpose.
I had no illusions that Trump would be terrible in all manners, but I expected more isolationism and "deal with it yourself". I didn't expect him to actually churn the horn for the genocidal freaks.

And look- This is not new for America to be secret best buds with the Saudis (along with European powers), but there is a key difference in looking the other way due to a strategic power alliance, and then... this.

I'm not an expert or particularly knowledgeable on Qatar, but this seems dangerous. Even in the context of human rights UN withdrawl, paris climate withdrawal and his other disgusting statements and positions, this feels like something that could get so many people hurt.

Since the time of Woodrow Wilson, America has dedicated itself to idealistic of trying to spread peace and stability in the world. It has spectacularly failed in many instances, but at the same time, there has always been this notion that the US have tried, and been vastly more succeesful than any other world empire in the history of human kind.

Trump is tearing down hundreds years of foreign policy. What if a lot of people get hurt because of this?

13bhQ1c.png

https://twitter.com/MattLaslo/status/872130756063186944

Turn on him already you fools. -_-

Top Bottom