• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA’s CFO reveals Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 will release before Christmas

So they really want to cannibalise each other game?

Dont get why.

And wouldnt it be only 2 years after Titanfall 1? I can see the Content complains already...

DOWN

Banned
Source engine looks so bad and it's going against the Frostbite house studio's flagship

AmuroChan

Titanfall on PS4. Now all of a sudden this site is going to go from majority trolling Titanfall to majority claiming it's GOTY :>

If it's going to be GOTY, it'll be because the game is feature-complete on day 1 and it comes with a solid SP campaign.

Raide

TF2...count me in.

BF5...they will have to do something really fresh and interesting to make me care. Hopefully something more than Levelution Ultra Max HD!

a916

That BF WW1 title? Hard pass... they aren't even giving it the Q4 release... is this another hardline?

Doesn't sound like it's BF5 proper.

Aren't they worried of cannibalizing their own sales releasing both in the same quarter? Hopefully, they can space them out at least a month from each other.

IvanJ

Banned
Oh, how I hope BF5 will be awesome. I really want to get back to the franchise after the terrible BF4 launch soured me on it. 2 years later I have about 10 hours in it, money wasted.
But I got my money's worth from BC, BC2 and BF3, over 1500 hours in them, and I'm ready to throw more money EA's way.

Titanfall is not for me, though. So I selfishly hope that it is the one of these two that gets delayed :p

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Might give Titanfall a go. If Battlefield 5 is set in WW1 then I'll avoid it and just keep playing 4. Mass Effect, couldn't care less.

KingJ2002

I'll have to choose between Battlefield 5, Titanfall 2, and the new CoD. Going to be a hard choice.

Well... if rumors are true then each title will offer something unique enough to warrant purchasing all three.

Battlefield goes back to World War 1 (rumor)

Titanfall 2 is a futuristic shooter

Call of Duty seems to be heading back to Ghosts 2 so it's more of a modern day setting

Past, Present & Future

Kill3r7

Why would they release both in or around the same window? They would be better off releasing Titanfall 2 in the spring. Too many other shooters coming out around that time.

Spizz

Banned
Nice, I will pick up both but I'm really excited for Titanfall 2. Never played the first but it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
But i remember reading somewhere that the production on the second one didnt start until early 2015.
Production is usually the full development phase as opposed to work starting.

They had some of their staff doing DLC and updates for the previous game while all the groundwork for the sequel was being laid.

Holy shit.

Definitely excited for both.

Wouldn't be surprised to see that schedule change though to give each more room to shine.

And depending upon how much is changing on Titanfall's back-end I hope at least one large scale beta period is in the cards.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. I don't care about Battlefield, but I'm very interested in Titanfall 2 as I like what I've played of the first one on EA access. I only got an X1 last fall so I missed the launch buzz.

EA considers their large map, rock-paper-scissors with vehicles FPS games to be strategy inspired FPS titles, as opposed to something like an arena shooter, arcade shooter, or infantry only game.

If you think about how Battlefield works, a lot of that is similar to how units interact in an RTS title, except each unit is a different player (or sometimes multiple players for vehicles).

So what you're saying is, they need to get the BF team to remake that old FPS/RTS CnC game in Frostbite...

Heroman

Banned
So they really want to cannibalise each other game?

Dont get why.

And wouldnt it be only 2 years after Titanfall 1? I can see the Content complains already...
They are 2 very different types of shooters so they probably won't eat to much into each other sells

Rockyrock

So that basically kills all hope for a 2143 BF game, this year at least...

and kind of adds to the WWI rumor, which I hope isnt true.

Praying for a real BF experience and titanfall to have an actual skill based MM system so the game lasts more than a month this time.

CryptiK

Surely they aren't dumb enough to release Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 5 within a couple of months of each other.

Top Bottom