• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elon Musk buys Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the "victim" route they take. Falling back on the circular narratives as well.

They just can't stay away. They're addicted, and the super donors that keep their soldiers spewing divisive rhetoric won't allow them to disappear. Otherwise, they would be disappeared if they took that money and ran.
That’s the thing. All these clowns bitching about how they’re going to delete their accounts are hopelessly addicted. No different than a heroin addict telling you, “that’s it, this is the last time!” immediately after shooting up. They literally cannot help themselves. They will piss and moan, on Twitter, about Twitter, because that’s all they do and all they have. These people can’t quit Twitter anymore than Tess Holiday can give up pasta.

Last edited:
This thread has become oddly political.

Or you're just concern trolling because you don't like the side that the majority of this discussion has taken.

No I just saw that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Now I get to watch him lose a shitload of money after he implements the changes that he allegedly supports.

Honest to god this just went from a nightmare to a popcorn flick. This is gonna be a fun year or so I think. Maybe even shorter than that if he really wants to be stupid about it.

Thank you! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

2f7.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
With anyone quitting the service just because Musk bought it, it goes to show what a bunch of babies people can be.

He hasn’t even done anything yet, but already it’s like they are scared running for the hills.

Loose cannon mentality. It’s like the idiot in every big meeting who keeps interrupting instead of waiting to hear more. React first, listen second kind of people.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
For real? In the UK that would be considered a hate crime.

Regardless, I'm confident Elon won't allow racism, homophobia or any form of bigotry.
We have laws against discrimination and in assurance of equal protection under the law. But speech is strictly protected by the First Amendment. Freedom of personal expression, freedom of the press, and right to peaceful assembly are incredibly important for maintaining a free society. You can see how Russia went straight for all three of those in its recent authoritarian turn.

Alpha Male

Okay, Talcum X, Martin Luther Cream, Pale Revere, Snow J Simpson, Frauderick Douglas, Plaster P, Hueless Newton, Alexander Scamilton, Blankston Hughes, Chaka Con, etc, etc

Stop appropriating black people, first off. Second, who still listens to this chucklefuck?
Just saw 2 I've never seen before:

HONKEY KONG
MAYO ANGELOU
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
We have laws against discrimination and in assurance of equal protection under the law. But speech is strictly protected by the First Amendment. Freedom of personal expression, freedom of the press, and right to peaceful assembly are incredibly important for maintaining a free society. You can see how Russia went straight for all three of those in its recent authoritarian turn.

That is why personal protection and speech laws should be separated. One can never be a function of the other and you cannot put one above the other.
Free speech should always be an ideal and universal principle, individual protection needs to be assessed on a case to case basis.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Or you're just concern trolling because you don't like the side that the majority of this discussion has taken.

2f7.jpg

Nah. When folks are going "much Jan 6th!" which has nothing to do with Elon Musk or this acquisition I'd say it's gone political.

It's become a meta commentary thread about the broader Twitter community, which is 100% garbage. That's fine, but it's definitely political in tone. I'm ok if we're allowing politics back on the forum, cause I got a few opinions and threads I'd be happy to share/open.

darrylgorn

I mean there's no point in trying to figure out the rationale behind the purchase, das just kapitalism.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

For real? In the UK that would be considered a hate crime.
A few places. These are the sort of clarifications that could help with social media legislation in those countries. Regional standard approvals fragmenting the market until companies thread a consensus to operate throughout the capitalist world.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

This is why it's a bad idea to rely on billionaires with a cult of personality, instead of just actually having modern government regulation for the next generation of utilities. Musk has had some very questionable concessions with Tesla in China in the past. Whether or not there's proof enough to believe it, it is certainly a possibility. But it already was a possibility with a private company like this. Just interesting that Bezos would put himself out there enough to launch this attack.

Bezos is a salty clown.

• Amazon worked with the Chinese government to restrict reviews on texts by the Communist Party leader.
  • Reuters revealed this is part of the US e-commerce giant's mission to expand its reach in China.
  • They created the portal China Books, a partnership with the Chinese government to sell approved literature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom