• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV new ATR + Dengeki event on 8/28

Arydn/Arden = Sephiroth because Arden literally has a black wing... which screams to me, "Part of my heart is corrupted but not all of it!!!" like Sephiroth.

Ravus = Seymour because his hair and his background screams, "Jealousy and loves to scheme"

Cor = Auron because Auron gave Titus information and advice regarding his father and growing up... just like Cor seems to be doing to Noctis.
If cor doesn't tell Noctis it's his story now I'll be disappointed lol

Wow thx to a site I will not name lol I know what those numbers were for. That's very interesting
90% liked the demo
8% were neutral
2% disliked it

Not bad

wmlk

Most of the Versus interviews are gone now, but I absolutely guarantee you this was the case when asked shortly after the 2011 trailer. I assume because of her sexual design Nomura got a lot of questions about her.

She literally just jumped off of an airship in a short cutscene fitting an elite enemy, but wasn't seen again until after Nomura was off the project, not even on the face cutouts of the 2013 trailer that feature characters that have since been cut.
"The dragon knight character seen doing some wild acrobatics through the air towards the end of the trailer (around the 5:43 mark) is a character from the enemy side (she's not Stella, as Nomura said in past interviews). She's part of a special group of people within the enemy army, and uses unconventional armor that differs from the army's standard issue."

That's the only question Nomura answered about Aranea. There's nothing here to conclude that she's a generic enemy type. Andriasang using the descriptor "character" is the key here as well, and Anoop was known to post amazing translations for Versus.

"The dragon knight character seen doing some wild acrobatics through the air towards the end of the trailer (around the 5:43 mark) is a character from the enemy side (she's not Stella, as Nomura said in past interviews). She's part of a special group of people within the enemy army, and uses unconventional armor that differs from the army's standard issue."

That's the only question Nomura answered about Aranea. There's nothing here to conclude that she's a generic enemy type. Andriasang using the descriptor "character" is the key here as well, and Anoop was known to post amazing translations for Versus.

Even that interview mentions past interviews addressing the dragoon. I've been following this game for a very long time and I'm quite certain. It's possible I read a mistranslation, but I don't think so.

Shuusui

Spoiler from Tabata about the time skip boss shown at the start of the 50 minute gameplay:

Fiery boss is NOT the last boss. He is Ifrit.

mortal

Gold Member
Cq6-t7qUsAApPuh.jpg:large
Very nice. Roberto Ferrari's artstyle is almost sort of a more refined version of circa FFX Nomura.

Falk

that puzzling face
That answers my question as to what happens if you stand there- it doesn't trigger till you move forward. :V

dat music

Socivol

Even that interview mentions past interviews addressing the dragoon. I've been following this game for a very long time and I'm quite certain. It's possible I read a mistranslation, but I don't think so.

I've been following the game a long time as well and I've never read anything that said the "female dragoon" was going to be a regular character which is why I asked for a source.

JBwB

Wow thx to a site I will not name lol I know what those numbers were for. That's very interesting
90% liked the demo
8% were neutral
2% disliked it

Not bad

Very impressive.

To quote the site I won't name as well haha:
"Having tested the demo myself, I can definitely say that my finger went right to the smiling face, with absolutely no hesitation."

What did Prompto say instead?

He told Noctis (the party?) to "hide" ... Although I have a feeling that maybe, contextually, that's not quite the right word. Something like "he's gonna do blah blah blah, get down!" might be closer to what he's saying? I'll have to watch it again ...

I've been following the game a long time as well and I've never read anything that said the "female dragoon" was going to be a regular character which is why I asked for a source.
Certainly wasn't shown off in the old trailers as someone that's supposed to be a generic enemy at least. This gif looks like its setting up an epic boss battle in fact
tumblr_mau7wnWBjR1r809hfo8_r2_250.gif

The generally more positive ones yes.
Sweet

They're addressing the trees etc and admitting they look bad. I think they promised to improve them.

Did he just said that "Altissia is mid game?" I guess that means that we've seen more than "the first 25%."

Edit: The latter half is ストーリの連続 ... This sounds like it could give credence to those who fear the latter half of the game could be rushed.

They're talking about how FFXV isn't just "open world," it's a hybrid.

Socivol

Certainly wasn't shown off in the old trailers as someone that's supposed to be a generic enemy at least. This gif looks like its setting up an epic boss battle in fact

Sweet

Agreed that's what I meant by "regular" character. I should have said generic enemy. Especially because Nomura confirmed it wasn't Stella. If it was just a generic enemy, I would expect him to have outwardly said that once confirming it wasn't Stella.

I feel like I need a nice flow diagram re: the leaks. It's hard to remember what is what!

I'd completely forgotten she was lacking in the pants department from back in the Versus days. Huh.

wmlk

Didn't even notice lol. I've just read one other interview, and that doesn't suggest a generic type either. People just took it and ran with it.

She's too elaborately designed to be a generic enemy. She's the only enemy that's been fought in game shown across Versus and FFXV that has a face other than Loqi just very recently (who fights in Magitek, which is generic in this game). It wouldn't make sense for her to be generic and show her face and have small details like the red ribbon on the back of her hair.

And it's very possible that there were other characters from Versus not shown off or talked about. I think Iris is one of them, and quite possibly Cidney too since Ferrari hasn't been in touch with the FFXV team either. Naora is filling in designs when it used to be him in the past. He's working with Nomura in VII.

Agreed that's what I meant by "regular" character. I should have said generic enemy. Especially because Nomura confirmed it wasn't Stella. If it was just a generic enemy, I would expect him to have outwardly said that once confirming it wasn't Stella.

There was a rumor going around at the time that she was Stella due to the hair. He was addressing that.

Didn't even notice lol. I've just read one other interview, and that doesn't suggest a generic type either. People just took it and ran with it.

She's too elaborately designed to be a generic enemy. She's the only enemy that's been fought in game shown across Versus and FFXV that has a face other than Loqi just very recently (who fights in Magitek, which is generic in this game). It wouldn't make sense for her to be generic and show her face and have small details like the red ribbon on the back of her hair.

And it's very possible that there were other characters from Versus not shown off or talked about. I think Iris is one of them, and quite possibly Cidney too since Ferrari hasn't been in touch with the FFXV team either. Naora is filling in designs when it used to be him in the past. He's working with Nomura in VII.

She was wearing a mask in her first appearance even, haha. I mean I'm willing to agree to disagree here. It's extremely hard for me to verify this as so many interviews have disappeared or slipped into obscurity; I just remember what I read. Regardless, she's a main antagonist now.

I feel like I need a nice flow diagram re: the leaks. It's hard to remember what is what!

I'd completely forgotten she was lacking in the pants department from back in the Versus days. Huh.
O Nomura made her sexy her dive was more sexy than it is now. I mean im not complaining either way but it could bother ppl

Versus was still hella anime, after all.

At least she'll, you know, do stuff. That's be bare minimum I ask of female characters.

Famassu

Wow, I actually forgot. It was so terrible that I blocked it out of my mind, lmao
The music was terrible. The trailer itself was actually pretty cool, the footage shown.

Just noticing now...in 2011 Aranea just danced on her lance and didn't even target Noctis LOOOOL.
Noctis was on a moving platform. She just made a pretty cool entrance by even hitting such a fast moving target.

wmlk

I hope that parry is a QTE and if it fails Noctis gets skewered and Aranea pole dances on top of him.
Another cool thing, the current encounter is actually one QTE I believe. Noctis gets damaged in one scenario and doesn't in another. That's the type of QTE I like.

And please no. We've had Cidney threads every thread we don't need Aranea threads too.

Broadcast has ended now.. Chocobo racing seemed cool, intro didn't.. Hope they were gonna say they were not gonna show the full intro till the game is out but..

Another cool thing, the current encounter is actually one QTE I believe. Noctis gets damaged in one scenario and doesn't in another. That's the type of QTE I like.

And please no. We've had Cidney threads every thread we don't need Aranea threads too.

The reveal that she's pantsless means we are already doomed.

Character has been known for so damn long if we can't joke about that without it turning into a cidney style discussion than that's a problem lol. So I agree with ya.

I think a retranslation patch for the PC version might be a good idea.

Broadcast has ended now.. Chocobo racing seemed cool, intro didn't.. Hope they were gonna say they were not gonna show the full intro till the game is out but..

They said those who don't want to be spoiled on the intro can elect not to watch it.

Mailbox

I'm a bit against the grain of this thread in that I actually like Aranea's design :/

Back in 2011 when the trailer hit I actually thought the weird motions she made were to create spin to properly stick onto a moving target upon landing. Though, I can now see why people see it as weird. Glad its removed as it wouldn't have made even a lick of sense in the current game's context imo.

As for her design itself, outside of the boob window (which really doesn't need to be there), I actually like the use of colour and the specific armour and peice designs (especially the helmet (gives me an ever so slight feeling of Freya in ff9 in a strange way. Feels very proper with Lancers imo). That said I also understand the pantsless argument, but I'll be honest I never noticed that (probably because of the long robe things taking all attention away from her crotch) until it was pointed out. Covering on the upper thigh would have been nice, yeah.

All in all, I like her design a lot, I think she looks more badass than she does sexy, but I understand why people are miffed a lil at the cliche parts of her outfit (the boob window and the upper thigh)

I forgot Arydn was designed by Roberto Ferrari. And people still think he's gonna be the main villain? Yeah, no.

The guy's given off some serious Kuja vibes with me man! He just seems so Villiany! When he was first shown even a tad in 2013's trailer, i thought "OH so that's who the main villian is!"

Thought still hasn't changed at all.

chefbags

Is it just me or did that chocobo gameplay look a lot better graphics wise than the master version?

Definitely a lot better. Like the duscae lighting came back after seeing that.

Hopefully that's the actual ps4 version cause that'd be nice to see some improvement.

Top Bottom