• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Porcile

I still love how no English team, except for Man Utd more than twenty years ago, has won a Champions League (not the European Cup) final within 90 minutes against a non―English team. Weird fact.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Everytime 2 english teams play in a final, the game is atrociously bad.

Thank God that doesn't happen too often.

Good luck in the Super League.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

DonJorginho

Banned
Firstly I want to give my sincere commiserations to Prison Mike Prison Mike , I know how it feels man, 2008 was a bitter pill to swallow, thanks a lot Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem :messenger_tears_of_joy:. But I am 100% sure you will be back next year and will lift it to enjoy your long awaited (and long deserved) moment of European Glory.

But other than that? LONDON AND EUROPE ARE BLUE AHAHAHAHAHAH I NEVER FELT SO SHIT SCARED IN MY LIFE WHEN THAT MAHREZ SHOT WENT OVER THE BAR BUT MY GOD WE DID IT!!!

THOMAS TUCHEL IS A GOD DAMN GENIUS AND JORGINHO IS A CERTIFIED CHELSEA LEGEND, MY STOCKS IN THE DON CONTINUE TO RISE, NOW TIME TO SMOKE A SHIT TON OF BUD, DRINK A SHIT LOAD OF WHISKEY AND GUINESS AND CELEBRATE THIS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!

Lionel Richie Lionel Richie WE ON THE ULTRA ULTRALIGHT BEAM!

5Wlyqms.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
DonJorginho DonJorginho WE ON A ULTRALIGHT BEAM!

Prison Mike Prison Mike sorry bro, I know this one hurts. When De Bruyne went down I got a bad deja vu and I want to remind everyone that Sergio Ramos is a bitch!

Firstly I want to give my sincere commiserations to Prison Mike Prison Mike , I know how it feels man, 2008 was a bitter pill to swallow, thanks a lot Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem :messenger_tears_of_joy:. But I am 100% sure you will be back next year and will lift it to enjoy your long awaited (and long deserved) moment of European Glory.

But other than that? LONDON AND EUROPE ARE BLUE AHAHAHAHAHAH I NEVER FELT SO SHIT SCARED IN MY LIFE WHEN THAT MAHREZ SHOT WENT OVER THE BAR BUT MY GOD WE DID IT!!!

THOMAS TUCHEL IS A GOD DAMN GENIUS AND JORGINHO IS A CERTIFIED CHELSEA LEGEND, MY STOCKS IN THE DON CONTINUE TO RISE, NOW TIME TO SMOKE A SHIT TON OF BUD, DRINK A SHIT LOAD OF WHISKEY AND GUINESS AND CELEBRATE THIS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!

5Wlyqms.jpg

This is your golden moment, enjoy it!

Prison Mike

Banned

5Wlyqms.jpg
Cheers brother not sure why that line up was starting but out played and and thought on the night enjoy DonJorginho DonJorginho

DonJorginho

Banned
Cheers brother not sure why that line up was starting but out played and and thought on the night enjoy DonJorginho DonJorginho
I have to admit I was scared at first, as I thought you would really press us and use the pace of Sterling to beat our weaker side with Azpi. Which you did, but Sterling couldn't handle Reece and your players got tired quickly whilst we more or less sat back waiting to strike on the counter.

I really didn't get no Dinho in the team, you could see the difference he made when he came on and if he had started over Bernardo I think the game could've been very different.

It was a great final imo, the atmosphere was surprisingly good and it was amazing from a tactical perspective (which I adore), so although the neutrals may not have enjoyed it, I thought it was end to end for the first 45 and a masterclass of defending from Chelsea in the second half.

Can't wait to battle it out for the title next season ;)

Jon Neu

Banned
It was a great final imo, the atmosphere was surprisingly good and it was amazing from a tactical perspective (which I adore), so although the neutrals may not have enjoyed it, I thought it was end to end for the first 45 and a masterclass of defending from Chelsea in the second half.

Can't wait to battle it out for the title next season ;)

I think that's probably you just being a fan, from an outsider point of view the final was of really poor quality. Even the atmosphere was really mild for a final too, but with so few people attending the stadium it's kind of normal.

At the end the only thing that is going to be remembered is the result, so congratulations on your second Champions League.

Malcolm9

I think that's probably you just being a fan, from an outsider point of view the final was of really poor quality. Even the atmosphere was really mild for a final too, but with so few people attending the stadium it's kind of normal.

At the end the only thing that is going to be remembered is the result, so congratulations on your second Champions League.

What the hell are you on about, the final was a decent game with plenty of chances (mainly Chelsea), and the Chelsea fans were loud and passionate the entire game.

Stop being a sourpuss.

Prison Mike

Banned
What the hell are you on about, the final was a decent game with plenty of chances (mainly Chelsea), and the Chelsea fans were loud and passionate the entire game.

Stop being a sourpuss.
He thinks anything that isn't Barcelona is poor I'm a city fan and was a good game Chelsea thoroughly deserved to win it.

SkylineRKR

I knew Chelsea had this in the bag from like the kick off. Pep bottled yet again, made changes yet again. Chelsea meanwhile had a positive track record against City, they had them figured out. They got no doubt inside Pep's head. And again Chelsea were actually the better team in a direct confrontation.

While you can only field 11 players, I think City should be better. They have a solid defense and lots of players who can create chances, score and of individual skill. There is just something going on with Guardiola, who's panic decisions and obsessive antics don't work out well when it counts. Its not the first time his team starts to suck when Spring hits. City also lost the cup final, and they lost some other games since.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Not a Chelsea or Man City fan (Bluenose here), but I thought that was a damn good game.

What the fuck was Pep thinking with those tactics? The Champions League final isn't the time to switch things up. At times, Man City looked like Sam Alladyce was in charge with their long ball game.

Thought James was outstanding. Certainly some thoughts for Southgate in terms of the England RB position for the Euros.

Kante was man of the match. What a player.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Man City could of course do a Liverpool and go on to win it next season, but to do this they need to make some key buys.

First, the obvious is an all out striker. Harry Kane clearly wants to leave Spurs, so this should be their number one priority target.

Not sure if Fernandinho is going to stay another season, but if he doesn't then I'd be looking for another CDM. Kante isn't leaving Chelsea, so I'd be looking at Declan Rice as a replacement.

Fernandinho Should come and play for Birmingham as well. He'd be a club legend and could be the key in us escaping another relegation battle.

I knew Chelsea had this in the bag from like the kick off. Pep bottled yet again, made changes yet again. Chelsea meanwhile had a positive track record against City, they had them figured out. They got no doubt inside Pep's head. And again Chelsea were actually the better team in a direct confrontation.

While you can only field 11 players, I think City should be better. They have a solid defense and lots of players who can create chances, score and of individual skill. There is just something going on with Guardiola, who's panic decisions and obsessive antics don't work out well when it counts. Its not the first time his team starts to suck when Spring hits. City also lost the cup final, and they lost some other games since.
I sometimes think, every so often, Guardiola tries to be a bit too clever and changes too much, and sets his team out so differently that they slip up. It has happened in previous years in the odd game, but particularly in some previous Champions League Semi Finals. With getting to the final, I thought they had got over that mental hurdle and learnt from previous mistakes, seems not. Also, he doesn't have Messi.

Dark Rider

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

But Pep always has to do some weird shit in a final.

I think he feel that everyone know his style so he try to surprise the opponent to throw them off. The problem is his changes harm his team more than surprise the opponent. One day he will learn and just go with what is expected from his team.

Welcome to The Football Thread :messenger_beaming:
Do you support Chelsea? if so congrats, but if not then who do you support? :pie_thinking:

and I want to remind everyone that Sergio Ramos is a bitch!

At this point I wouldn't say Ramos live rent free in some Liverpool fans minds, he actually charge them to live there :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Good luck in the Super League.

Nick Offerman Smile GIF

How do you see Manchester United chances next year?
UCL? BPL? FA cup?

Stop being a sourpuss.

Who do you support? :pie_thinking:

Maybe I didn't get to welcome you properly last time so:

Not a Chelsea or Man City fan (Bluenose here), but I thought that was a damn good game.

What the fuck was Pep thinking with those tactics? The Champions League final isn't the time to switch things up. At times, Man City looked like Sam Alladyce was in charge with their long ball game.

Thought James was outstanding. Certainly some thoughts for Southgate in terms of the England RB position for the Euros.

Kante was man of the match. What a player.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
How do you see Manchester United chances next year?
UCL? EPL*? FA cup?

Very optimistic but rivals are strong as well. I would take an EPL or UCL as a true success. FA Cup alone would be disappointing.

I'll see what those Glazers fuckers gonna support Ole with new players first.

Are you American? Because there is no BPL. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Very optimistic but rivals are strong as well. I would take an EPL or UCL as a true success. FA Cup alone would be disappointing.

I'll see what those Glazers fuckers gonna support Ole with new players first.

Are you American? Because there is no BPL. :messenger_winking_tongue:

It was the English PL until some Welsh clubs joined the league
then it became the British PL because well the Welsh are not English :messenger_beaming:
So it is the BPL :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Rob Dawson] Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to prioritise his summer signings with plans to have a net spend of £150 million

That is one Sancho and the summer window closed for Manchester United :pie_thinking:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
[Rob Dawson] Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to prioritise his summer signings with plans to have a net spend of £150 million

That is one Sancho and the summer window closed for Manchester United :pie_thinking:

Sancho seems to be 70M now or 80M, not sure. 150M for 1 one or 2 great, impactful players is better than 4-6 fillers.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Sancho seems to ne 70M now or 80M, not sure. 150M for 1 one or 2 great, impactful players is better than 4-6 fillers.

I was just joking. From the looks of it yes Sancho price is reduced but this is Ed we are talking about so I will not be surprised if he over pays yet again on his way out.

In terms of players I felt Manchester United needed 3 players though?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I was just joking. From the looks of it yes Sancho price is reduced but this is Ed we are talking about so I will not be surprised if he over pays yet again on his way out.

In terms of players I felt Manchester United needed 3 players though?

Yes: CB, DMF, and RW.

Dark Rider

Yes: CB, DMF, and RW.

And this bring me back to my original joke, Manchester United is likely to go after players who have big English media attention and those usually cost more than 60M each so 150M will not be enough to buy three.

Unless Manchester United do proper scouting and find good talent without the media fanfare and get 3 worthy players, but knowing them I don't expect that to happen.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
And this is bring me back to my original joke, Manchester United is likely to go after players who have big English media attention and those usually cost more than 60M each so 150M will not be enough to buy three.

Unless Manchester United do proper scouting and find good talent without the media fanfare and get 3 worthy players, but knowing them I don't expect that to happen.

I think they have Rúben Neves from Wolverhampton under their radar and he's priced at 35M. So that's a good start.

A great player for a good price.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

I think they have Rúben Neves from Wolverhampton under their radar and he's priced at 35M. So that's a good start.

A great player for a good price.

Do you really believe that Wolves will not try to fleece you?
Maybe they will not be able to get 60M out of you (or maybe they will with Ed) but I don't think you will get him for 35M flat :pie_thinking:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Do you really believe that Wolves will not try to fleece you?
Maybe they will not be able to get 60M out of you (or maybe they will with Ed) but I don't think you will get him for 35M flat :pie_thinking:

Even 60M is a good deal, but seems related to the player wanna leave after Nuno's departure + contract left?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you sell Pogba now you will get less than what you payed for him.
I don't know how much you would get for Lingard and Matic to be honest but I think it will be low.

United don't wanna sell him, he seems to refuse to renew so far. 70M out of him will be the max. Keeping him is better of course and selling Van De Beek.

Dark Rider

United don't wanna sell him, he seems to refuse to renew so far. 70M out of him will be the max. Keeping him is better of course and selling Van De Beek.

But VDB is more willing to commit on the pitch than Pogba, yes Pogba is more talented but if he is not in the mood he will let the team sink in any given matchup.

Top Bottom