• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 |OT| The 7 you've been waiting for!

Mascot

Loving F7 so far, after a few hours.

I do so wish it had VR support.

I have a Rift and a G29. If I could use them together for this game, it would be the Trifecta.

Please make it so.
Yep, insta-buy for me if VR was patched in.
The naughty alternative is to play FM7 car and track rips in Assetto Corsa VR...

Cerbero

Fall Creators Update?

I've heard some reports it's not playing nicely with FM7.
i had to do a fresh install of windows, before the game didn't load, resetting the app didn't fix it, tried to uninstall the game but it didn't clean up the disk space even after manually deleting a 99GB file, so i noped and nuked the hard drive.

The naughty alternative is to play FM7 car and track rips in Assetto Corsa VR...

Wait, that's a thing?

i had to do a fresh install of windows, before the game didn't load, resetting the app didn't fix it, tried to uninstall the game but it didn't clean up the disk space even after manually deleting a 99GB file, so i noped and nuked the hard drive.

Yeah, no way I'm wasting my time with that right now. I'll wait until this matures, like other updates.

frontieruk

I have just unlocked the Renault F1 but have deferred it it's CR-1,400,000 and I only have C-2,400,000 in the bank :( I am leveling up quote fast but the prize money isn't that forthcoming I an doing the long races and using the mods, I am about three quarters the way through the third championship, level 90 and car reward 11 1/2.

Using the wrong mods? I blew all my cash on the Zonda and the McLaren I've completed two races admittedly the extra long races and have 800,000 again

sp3ctr3

Completed the Forza Cup and it opened up some Open Class Elite races. You now need a lot more points to complete every cup on Elite. Announcer said that it was worth it!?

What exactly do you get for doing this?

sam777

Ok so...i'm tempted to gift myself Forza 7, a G920 and a wheel stand pro for christmas

Help me save money gaf, go!

Do it.

Is there a list of people's Gamertags on here? Luckily I can still ask this question as I wasn't sure if the site was coming back online.

frontieruk

Do it.

Is there a list of people's Gamertags on here? Luckily I can still ask this question as I wasn't sure if the site was coming back online.

quote the OT there's a spreadsheet of players, and maybe something else to help find other ForzaGAF players

Ok so...i'm tempted to gift myself Forza 7, a G920 and a wheel stand pro for christmas

Help me save money gaf, go!

I treated myself to the 920 and prostand last year, I've used it twice...

sp3ctr3

Completed the Forza Cup and it opened up some Open Class Elite races. You now need a lot more points to complete every cup on Elite. Announcer said that it was worth it!?

Did some googling and it turns out if you complete each cup 100% after completing them once, you get more forza edition cars and gear

You have to get the points target and finish (compete in not win) each event. You win the car and driving gear shown on that cup's banner.

xrnzaaas

Yep they've brought back some cars from older games, not a lot though. For me a bigger problem is that there are no shifting animations in the cockpit view for quite a lot of "less important" cars.

danowat

Banned
An interesting post I saw on FM.net, might be an eyeopener..........(FWIW, I haven't checked the maths myself)

Small comparison:FH3:
10 laps Goliath in a Lamborghini Centenario with only VIP membership, AI on unbeatable and almost all assists off. Laptime: ca. 8:52:00 Payout-out: +1,000,000 CR
FM7:
10 laps Nürburgring full circuit in a Nissan GT-R FE (+50% credits), AI on pro (for my own sanity) same other options as FH3. Laptime: ca. 9:20:00. Pay-out: +150,000 CR

You have to basically do 9-10 TIMES a 10 laps Nürburgring in FM7 (with no mods) in a FE car to match the pay-out of ONE 10 lap Goliath in a normal car in FH3. That means roughly 16-18 HOURS instead of 90 minutes.

16-18 hours vs 90mins.

Obviously this is a comparison against the newest Forza (Horizon), not sure how that relates to the most recent Motorsport though.

xrnzaaas

I wouldn't compare the economies in Horizon and Motorsport. They're very different and besides there were no mods in Horizon 3.

Imo it's not that bad in FM7 if you're a decent player. With 3 mods adding a total of 90-100% to the payout I get about 100k for a long race on expert, about 120k on pro. Plus getting heavily discounted or free cars on every level up (if you choose them) also helps out immensely.

With some cars being over 10 million in FH3 the comparison doesn't really work. Especially once you also factor in the big level-up discounts in FM7.

xrnzaaas

I bet it's going to be another 1.5 million car like all old Ferraris. ;p I might pass on that one and buy only the other two.

Fox Mulder

An interesting post I saw on FM.net, might be an eyeopener..........(FWIW, I haven't checked the maths myself)

16-18 hours vs 90mins.

Obviously this is a comparison against the newest Forza (Horizon), not sure how that relates to the most recent Motorsport though.

They're different.

I did a full 50 lap nine hour race in FH3 and the full 50 laps of nurburgring in FM7. You got far more XP and money in FH3, but you also got VIP bonuses.

Fm7 lowered the price of top tier cars while raising most others. No vip bonus yet, but the 2017 f1 car can finish 50 laps of nurburgring in just 5 hours. I only got 3.5 million with three great mods and unbeatable AI.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I'm getting 100 K to 200 K by race with mods and sometimes FE cars, with "long" race duration, it takes 15 to 20 minutes to finish a race depending on the cars and track.

By doing quick maths it means I can get 3 M in about 5 hours, so I don't see the point wasting my time doing 50 laps on a single track with only one car to get a little more money and much less fun.

I just play the game and don't mind being "rich", I have always about 1 M to 2.5 M, buying cars sometimes to play certain categories, but I get many cars by leveling up (and have to pay a bit).
But I'm also getting 500 K every week since I hit the highest Rewards tier.

I'm getting 100 K to 200 K by race with mods and sometimes FE cars, with "long" race duration, it takes 15 to 20 minutes to finish a race depending on the cars and track.

By doing quick maths it means I can get 3 M in about 5 hours, so I don't see the point wasting my time doing 50 laps on a single track with only one car to get a little more money and much less fun.

I just play the game and don't mind being "rich", I have always about 1 M to 2.5 M, buying cars sometimes to play certain categories, but I get many cars by leveling up (and have to pay a bit).
But I'm also getting 500 K every week since I hit the highest Rewards tier.

You play exactly how I do. I have never really had a problem with money, other than I don't play nearly enough. I think the payouts are fine, I have always felt the economy in the Forza games have been fine. If you play the game, you will end up with plenty of money.

Caayn

looks more like a bunch of wire added to the car and then he just tries to match a controller with the steering wheel. Absolutely no detail about how the tech actually works, plug an ethernet onto the car. I'm skeptical.
Fair point.
Being completely random is cool but I wish they would give us the option to pick any and all conditions.
Agreed. It'd be nice to be able to select what ToD it is when playing a custom race instead of hoping that you get the one you want.

Top Bottom