• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

G Rom

ilkercruiser said:
Hi Forza Community!

I've seen a Forza 4 trailer on youtube that shows car manufacturer logos under slowmotion.
There was no "Porsche" brand there. Will we be able to get any Porsche at least via DLC?

As cjelly said, RUF (Porsche tuning company used by developers that cant get hold of the Porsche license due to EA's exclusivity) is the closest confirmed thing we've got to Porsche right now. The official trailer released this week has the Forza community buzzing though because Turn 10 changed one scene in the trailer and in that scene there's a car looking a lot like a 2011 911 Turbo S.
For now, you should consider that Porsche is out though as nothing has been confirmed so far.

Also, that trailer you saw was the leaked one from a several months ago. It is outdated and not representative of the game at all. The racing part of the game looked much better in the E3 build. If you've missed the E3 coverage, just go to this thread.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
G Rom said:
They tuned cars from other manufacturers many moons ago but have been owned by FIAT since 1971.
Maybe we'll get some of the "real" old Abarth which have no affiliation with FIAT ?
If they separate Abarth from FIAT, I would be surprised if Jeep continued to be under the Chrysler brand.
I never understood why the Plymouth cars are also grouped under Chrysler. Plymouth was its own separate brand, with legends like the Road Runner, Cuda and Superbird.

And I hope an old-school Abarth 695 makes it in along with the 2009 Abarth 500 esseesse that showed up in Forza 3.

Doodis said:
Forza Garage

Forza 4 car announcements!
A correction on the McLaren F1. 64 is the production number for street versions. The number balloons to 106 when you count race cars and pre-production prototypes.

TheOddOne

Doodis said:
Forza Garage

Forza 4 car announcements!
FM4_McLaren_explode.jpg

Ohh MY GOD.

Hey how bout some cars we dont know are in the game, I swear to god their going to give us a ton of cars we already know are in the game.

soundscream said:
Hey how bout some cars we dont know are in the game, I swear to god their going to give us a ton of cars we already know are in the game.
Jesus, the release is still months away and there are two other big gaming expos to come.

shinnn

each day, one car? awesome.

"And remember, the bigger the response we get to Forza Garage announcements on Facebook and Twitter, the more cars we’ll be able to tell you about!"

Facebook | Twitter

I want to see the Dodge Omni GLH-S. It was voted into the last Forza 3 DLC and then never showed. I really hope they just got it ready for Forza 4. I want to see that beast with all its 2.2 liters of Shelby tuned glory!

Shaneus

shinnn said:
each day, one car? awesome.

"And remember, the bigger the response we get to Forza Garage announcements on Facebook and Twitter, the more cars we’ll be able to tell you about!"

Facebook | Twitter
I'm not a big fan of those kind of promotions, so I'll just bank on everyone else in this thread promoting the shit out of it for me :D

TheOddOne said:
FM4_McLaren_explode.jpg

Ohh MY GOD.
I always loved the side compartments on the Mac. If you weren't already a total boss pulling up in that thing, pulling your brief out of the side pod throws you way over the top!

saladine1

saladine1 said:
Maybe........ Turn 10 don't have any other major features to announce besides tracks and cars.... :eek:...
reverse psychology at it's most obvious
The.Prophecy.Has.Been.Fulfilled....

supersaw

Shaneus said:
I'm not a big fan of those kind of promotions, so I'll just bank on everyone else in this thread promoting the shit out of it for me :D

They feel kinda spammy and forced to me, something like the valve arg leading up to the Portal 2 release that actually engaged the fans was a bit more enjoyable. The tweet and facebook spamming just happens organically then.

Mascot

A new car each day sounds awesome, so bravo to Turn 10 for that. Hopefully it WILL include new cars and not just ones we already know about. And hopefully it will continue right through until release.

BUT.

How’s it going to work? Each day, the Turn 10 team will be announcing a number of Forza Garage cars on Facebook and Twitter. Then we’ll take a look at the community response (that is, the number of comments, Facebook reposts, and re-Tweets), and we’ll add more cars to the Forza Garage announcements—but only if you guys are excited enough.

In other words, be good little children or Santa Claus won't come this year.

I know they are just trying to get some free viral marketing, but I really thought shit like this was beneath Turn 10. It's patronising and totally unnecessary, and gives me further concerns about the direction the franchise is heading.

Somebody needs to shop Dan's head onto a photo of the child catcher from Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.

saladine1

What was that thing during FM3's marketing phase where Che/Turn 10 encouraged people to vote for something or rather?
Anyway, this "sign up and spam the shit out of us" type of thing gives me the same sort of vibe as last time... Whatever...,at least we get some form of announcements each day/week which is better than nothing at all.

Shaneus

With all this promotion of the F1 as a new car in the game, it should've been on the cover itself. Would sell twice as many copies that way.

Shit, I'd buy a copy just to frame the thing... it's pure sex.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Shaneus said:
With all this promotion of the F1 as a new car in the game, it should've been on the cover itself. Would sell twice as many copies that way.

Shit, I'd buy a copy just to frame the thing... it's pure sex.
Do it T10/MS!

G Rom

Che's thing was way worse because it was to win a stupid thing on a website and didn't benefit the game very much compared to spreading the word on social networks.

Xanadu said:
why did they show it off in orange first time around? black is the perfect colour for the F1 anyway and it looks so much more stunning

The McLaren was shown in black too in the official screenshots.
You're wrong anyway, Papaya Orange McLaren F1 >>>>>>>>>>> Black McLaren F1 ! :p

brotkasten said:
The rims and tyres still look bad.

I agree, I think the problems are that we shouldn't be able to see the disc brake like that and that the rims should cast shadows.
It's weird that the tires don't look better because it was one area that they pretty much nailed in FM3.

Turn 10 is really playing with/trolling us with those reveals. The California, the McLaren F1, come on ! Next week for all we know we'll get an exclusive peek at the 458 Italia... :lol

That’s it for now. Stay tuned on Facebook and Twitter everyday next week for more Forza Garage announcements, and look for the next Thursday roundup for a possible track announcement.

So if the planets align, if the Maya calendar is correct and if Dan's beard is ok with it, we may have a track announcement. "Exclusive peek at
Suzuka
", I'm calling it ! xD

G Rom

Nice Photoshop ! :lol

Slayer-33 said:
In other news, what are you guys still doing up at this time inside the FM 4 thread? :)lol, you pheens >_>)

America isn't the only continent in the world, Slayer ! :p
It's nearly 11 am over here. :)

Shaneus

Slayer-33 said:
Do it T10/MS!
Reversible cover? Otherwise they should give us a template and allow us to put our own cars on there.

OMG if there was a way you could output to photo mode a "cover" that you could print... put your own completely custom car on the front of an official-looking cover. Wow.

Mascot

supersaw said:
I shouldn't check GAF during important meetings - everyone wants to know why I'm giggling like a schoolgirl.

Awesome job!

Edit: from Wikipedia's child-catcher page:

Robert Helpmann, the actor who played the Child Catcher in the film, was well liked by the child actors Adrian Hall and Heather Ripley, and Robert himself, in reality, loved children. At the end of the day when Helpmann was finished with work, he gave Adrian and Heather his facial wax add-ons.

I bet he did.

Xanadu

Banned
G Rom said:
The McLaren was shown in black too in the official screenshots.
You're wrong anyway, Papaya Orange McLaren F1 >>>>>>>>>>> Black McLaren F1 ! :p

i think orange looks best with the LM but ive had a poster of a black f1 on my wall for like 10 years so im a fanboy lol

btw thanks to the new lighting engine black cars look a hell of a lot better than say in 2 and 3 where imo they looked pretty bad, especially 2

Xanadu

Banned
vanty said:
A non-orange McLaren is like a non-red Ferrari or a non-yellow/lime green Lamborghini, just wrong.
i agree with the ferrari and lambo but the mclaren looks best in black or dark blue imo

G Rom

Already posted above, Kafel. ;)

vanty said:
A non-orange McLaren is like a non-red Ferrari or a non-yellow/lime green Lamborghini, just wrong.

Papaya Orange should only be used on the McLaren F1 IMO, the MP4-12C doesn't deserve it and I actually think it looks better in white.
Agreed on the Lamborghini and the Ferrari except for the Enzo, Nero >>>> any other color for the Enzo.

derFeef

download.xbox.com/content/mgs/forza/en-US/forzamain/blog/mainimage/FM4_McLaren_explode.jpg

Crash mode confirmed! :)

edit: I fail at de-url making.

eso76

TheOddOne said:
FM4_McLaren_explode.jpg

Ohh MY GOD.

looks like an angry insect :)

btw i hope we're not only getting 1 small pic per car from the autovista environment !
i want to see what these cars look like on actual tracks !

G Rom said:
I agree, I think the problems are that we shouldn't be able to see the disc brake like that and that the rims should cast shadows.
It's weird that the tires don't look better because it was one area that they pretty much nailed in FM3.
Yeah, it looks like the rims and tyres (or at least the shaders on them) are not affected by the IBL.

Xanadu

Banned
eso76 said:
looks like an angry insect :)

btw i hope we're not only getting 1 small pic per car from the autovista environment !
i want to see what these cars look like on actual tracks !
worse

saladine1

brotkasten said:
Yeah, it looks like the rims and tyres (or at least the shaders on them) are not affected by the IBL.
They definitely look out of place. In fact, throughout FM's history, the wheels and tyres have always looked strange.

G Rom

What I find weird is that the rims look good here because they don't have the problems mentioned above :
5876600808_7a1fe52019_b.jpg

Maybe the screenshots are from different builds or something ?

I hope they fix the problem for all cars and also the headlights that look off on FM3 cars. I still think the game looks better in motion than in any screenshot released so far. No screenshot has made me think "wow, this looks damn real". It's like there's always something off.
I don't know, maybe it's my virtual photographer eye trained to spot errors that makes me see those things above everything else... :lol

I hope their photo mode artist will get to make track screenshots soon, it should give us a better idea of the potential of the game.

Xanadu said:

No shit Sherlock...

saladine1 said:
They definitely look out of place. In fact, throughout FM's history, the wheels and tyres have always looked strange.
I thought they looked great in Forza 3... but I guess they could still look strange because the rest of the car wasn't up to those standards.

Top Bottom