• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
I'd be all over this. My tunes are abysmal but you'd all be welcome to my liveries, and if I end up farming cash in FM4 like I did (do) in FM3 I'll be buying every car available.

By the way, only got about four events to go now to completely gold the career grid in FM3. That shit better get rewarded well in FM4 or I'm having Dan's goolies in a bacon slicer.

Same here bro.

I'll just be doing basic painting/primitive decal editing/coloring depending on the vehicle.. I suck at everything else, I really want to learn how to tune every car properly.

G Rom

twinturbo2 said:
If Porsche isn't in the game, can I at least have the Fiat 500 Abarth esseesse that appeared in Forza 3? It'll do until the real Abarth hits America in 2012 and gives the GTI and Mini Cooper S some serious competition in the pocket rocket segment.

And then the Focus ST hits the US shortly thereafter, and hot hatch fans will have a wealth of choices here. :D

The Abarth 500 is already confirmed. Abarth is one of the new manufacturer actually as they're now separated from FIAT.

G Rom said:
The Abarth 500 is already confirmed. Abarth is one of the new manufacturer actually as they're now separated from FIAT.

Not sure if I like that. That'd be like putting AMG as separate from Mercedes. Fine for older models, doesn't make sense for newer ones. The 500 Abarth is a Fiat.

Mascot

It's almost Thursday. What happened to this car reveal stuff allegedly starting early this week? Turn 10 are at it again, and we are bending over and spreading our cheeks just like last time. If this is the pattern from now until October... Jesus.

Fool me once, shame on you...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
whatsnew.jpg

comm_image_2.jpg

From the site lol... Any little bit helps :(

Mascot said:
It's almost Thursday. What happened to this car reveal stuff allegedly starting early this week? Turn 10 are at it again, and we are bending over and spreading our cheeks just like last time. If this is the pattern from now until October... Jesus.

Wow, calm down dude. They said IF, and if they are going to, it will be on the Pitpass Report on Friday.

Looks like you are just trying to find things to be upset about.

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
Wow, calm down dude. They said IF, and if they are going to, it will be on the Pitpass Report on Friday.

Looks like you are just trying to find things to be upset about.
Nope, just already getting fed up with the teasing I think. It's cruel. I'd much prefer to hear "new car/track reveal this Tuesday" rather than "maybe we might show you something soon, maybe early in the week, IF the planets align and IF we are feeling generous and IF we tire of taunting you all who we KNOW are hanging on our every word and salivating for new information".

Sadists!

Doodis

Mascot said:

I'll never understand why companies make announcements of announcements. It always leads to people being upset. Either the announcement doesn't come when promised, or it's not as cool as people believed it would be.

Just announce the stuff when it's ready to be talked about. No need to say anything beforehand.

Mascot said:
Nope, just already getting fed up with the teasing I think. It's cruel. I'd much prefer to hear "new car/track reveal this Tuesday" rather than "maybe we might show you something soon, maybe early in the week, IF the planets align and IF we are feeling generous and IF we tire of taunting you all who we KNOW are hanging on our every word and salivating for new information".

Sadists!

Okay, your first post sounded like trolling to me, so I apologize. I do agree that I would love to have real, concrete information every week. But I can also see from a business standpoint why this works so well. I mean, look at us! We are damn near salivating and will gladly accept any bone they choose to throw at us.

There is enough cars they could show us like 5 a week until release and there still would be plenty left. They have their reasons and as much as it drives us mad, they have a disturbingly good rationale for what they do.

Shaneus

For some reason I thought it was bigger than that. But I agree, it really does look impressive, especially considering it's not all that expensive.

Has there been any word on if it has vibration?

Doodis

Shaneus said:
Has there been any word on if it has vibration?

From the press release:

Launching in early October, the Wireless Speed Wheel is completely wireless and controlled intuitively with precise steering, standard controller buttons/triggers, and haptic feedback with rumble.

Shaneus

Cheers! WTF do they mean by "haptic feedback", though? I'm guessing just "vibrations" but if that's the case, then it's a superfluous term.

Mascot

Doodis said:
I'll never understand why companies make announcements of announcements. It always leads to people being upset. Either the announcement doesn't come when promised, or it's not as cool as people believed it would be.

Just announce the stuff when it's ready to be talked about. No need to say anything beforehand.
Exactamundo. It wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately. We suffered it numerous times in the run-up to FM3 so I sincerely hope they show their fanbase a little more respect this time around. Why pump out half-truths or make broken promises (even marketing ones) about your own game? It doesn't make sense, unless they really do subscribe to the "all publicity is good publicity" maxim. It really pisses me off at times.

G Rom said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Abarth isn't a manufacturer. It's a tuning company, that was never part of Fiat, but made a few iconic tuned versions of classic Fiat cars, condoned by Fiat.
They also tune other manufacturers cars.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Is smooth steering expected out of that wireless wheel? If so that shit will be extremely convinient.

I got my MS steering wheel already but the wireless one makes you think.

Xanadu

Banned
Slayer-33 said:
Is smooth steering expected out of that wireless wheel? If so that shit will be extremely convinient.

well yea i think anything is better than the MS wheel

nofi

Slayer-33 said:

I played Forza 4 with the wireless wheel at E3. Took a bit to get used to but - yeah - it's really cool. Definitely smooth. It was a prototype though.

madmackem

I will bite at one of those wheels i think, when you just wanna play i just simply cant be arsed to pull out the shitty ms wheel i have and set it all up. This looks very decent cheap and easy as picking up a pad to be away playing.

G Rom

boris feinbrand said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Abarth isn't a manufacturer. It's a tuning company, that was never part of Fiat, but made a few iconic tuned versions of classic Fiat cars, condoned by Fiat.
They also tune other manufacturers cars.

They tuned cars from other manufacturers many moons ago but have been owned by FIAT since 1971.
Maybe we'll get some of the "real" old Abarth which have no affiliation with FIAT ?
If they separate Abarth from FIAT, I would be surprised if Jeep continued to be under the Chrysler brand.

Xanadu said:

The new one doesn't have FFB so I'd say, as crappy as it is, the old MS wheel still is superior.
I'm with everyone though, the wireless wheel looks surprisingly good and very precise.

Shaneus

madmackem said:
I will bite at one of those wheels i think, when you just wanna play i just simply cant be arsed to pull out the shitty ms wheel i have and set it all up. This looks very decent cheap and easy as picking up a pad to be away playing.
Pretty much my thinking, too. Something that portable that gives you the accuracy (but not necessarily the feel) of a full wheel is nothing to be sniffed at. The impressions are really surprising me, too.

Unless the Madcatz comes out in Australia and is reasonably priced (hint: it won't be) then this wheel might have to do... which I have no problem with, TBH.

saladine1

Mascot said:
Exactamundo. It wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately. We suffered it numerous times in the run-up to FM3 so I sincerely hope they show their fanbase a little more respect this time around. Why pump out half-truths or make broken promises (even marketing ones) about your own game? It doesn't make sense, unless they really do subscribe to the "all publicity is good publicity" maxim. It really pisses me off at times.
Maybe........ Turn 10 don't have any other major features to announce besides tracks and cars.... :eek:...
reverse psychology at it's most obvious

supersaw

saladine1 said:
Maybe........ Turn 10 don't have any other major features to announce besides tracks and cars.... :eek:...

I'm keeping busy 100%'ing FM3 & CTRL+F5'ing GAF while I wait.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
The MS is not bad it's just a space thing.

I didn't get one of the bad batch ones lol.. Now.. The only thing I don't really like is the degrees in which it turns (lack thereof)

Pedals and paddles are shit but I didn't mind the MS wireless wheel at all, did me for 100's of hours over the years, with the GT2 I'll dial down the wheel rotation for race cars so it makes little difference.

GT2's paddles are awful, maybe worse than the MS wheel.

skyfinch

saladine1 said:

No more features, no more announcements to be made. In fact, it's rumored that they are getting rid of Autovisa mode, online racing, and cars.

Edit, hope this reverse psychology thing works.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This is bad. I bought Forza 3, liked it well enough, but I rarely play it. Now I see the Forza 4 stuff and want it too, but know I'll only play a race here and there...

skyfinch said:
No more features, no more announcements to be made. In fact, it's rumored that they are getting rid of Autovisa mode, online racing, and cars.

Edit, hope this reverse psychology thing works.
AutoVista got replaced with beardVista. With Kinect, you can now touch and feel Dan's highly detailed beard.

skyfinch

brotkasten said:
AutoVista got replaced with beardVista. With Kinect, you can now touch and feel Dan's highly detailed beard.

I will only fake touch his beard if it has been lit by the environment.

Mascot

saladine1 said:
Beard based lighting ftw!

Dan's beard is illuminated from within by the shining beacon that is his fucking internal awesomeness, yo.

Fucking Internal Awesomeness Based Lighting FTW!

Mascot

drugstore_cowboy said:
GT2's paddles are awful, maybe worse than the MS wheel.

There's no tactile microswitch 'click' but I've never missed a shift yet. Sure yours might not be faulty? How would you describe their awfulness?

Mascot said:
There's no tactile microswitch 'click' but I've never missed a shift yet. Sure yours might not be faulty? How would you describe their awfulness?

Yeah it's the spongy feel, also it has to be pulled at the middle of the paddle, higher or lower doesn't register properly.

G25's paddles were much nicer, I'm almost certainly going to flog the GT2 when the CSR elite wheel comes out, GT2 is a fine wheel but a letdown if I'm honest.

drugstore_cowboy said:
Yeah it's the spongy feel, also it has to be pulled at the middle of the paddle, higher or lower doesn't register properly.

G25's paddles were much nicer, I'm almost certainly going to flog the GT2 when the CSR elite wheel comes out, GT2 is a fine wheel but a letdown if I'm honest.

Iv'e never used G25's but I use the top of my GT2's to shift and it works fine for me because I hold the wheel at 10 and 2.

You sure there isn't an issue with your wheel? I'm surprised I'm seeing somebody complain about it as it's the best wheel I've ever played with and I've tried quite a few.

Mascot

flyinpiranha said:
Iv'e never used G25's but I use the top of my GT2's to shift and it works fine for me because I hold the wheel at 10 and 2.

You sure there isn't an issue with your wheel? I'm surprised I'm seeing somebody complain about it as it's the best wheel I've ever played with and I've tried quite a few.
Same here, no issues at all. Sounds like a fault to me.

Doodis

Just popped home for lunch and a quick race in FM3 (trying to finish up the last couple seasons) and got an in-game email from Turn 10 saying they'd received my pre-order email and to look for more details coming up. Confirmed!

ilkercruiser

Neo Member
Hi Forza Community!

I've seen a Forza 4 trailer on youtube that shows car manufacturer logos under slowmotion.
There was no "Porsche" brand there. Will we be able to get any Porsche at least via DLC?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ilkercruiser said:
Hi Forza Community!

I've seen a Forza 4 trailer on youtube that shows car manufacturer logos under slowmotion.
There was no "Porsche" brand there. Will we be able to get any Porsche at least via DLC?
Just RUF from the looks of things.

DLC? Doubtful unless MS make some kind of deal with EA.

Top Bottom