• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop | PowerUp Rewards Pro--Extra $50 Credit for Trading In Switch, PS4 or XB1

Valid 8/28 - 9/17.

Caught my eye because it seems like a great opportunity to dump your OG PS4 if you've been looking to upgrade to a slim or PRO model. Base trade-in value for an OG is $175. Add in the extra $50 for PowerUp Rewards Pro and you get a trade-in value of $225, which ain't shabby at all.

http://www.gamestop.com/trade
K8RI4uS.png

How is the base trade in for an XB1S 500GB only $100 if the OG PS4 still trades in for $175?

Honestly may affect my XB1X decision as I really don't need one but it is kind of cool I suppose

Not having an Xbox One for a month and a half would kind of suck for me. Has Microsoft officially rolled out that Xbox One X external hard drive transfer that they mentioned a week ago? Might be the deciding factor for me.

So can anyone tell me what I'll get at Gamestop as a pro member if I trade in my Xbox one s towards an X? I always get screwed in my trade-in's at Gamestop so I wanna make absolutely sure what I should be getting. Is it $200 or $250?

So can anyone tell me what I'll get at Gamestop as a pro member if I trade in my Xbox one s towards an X? I always get screwed in my trade-in's at Gamestop so I wanna make absolutely sure what I should be getting. Is it $200 or $250?
From what I can tell, with this promo you're gonna top out at 190 (if you have the 2tb Xbox One S that is). From the other promo, it looks like it's just a straight 150 regardless of which One S you have.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
$150 for my Xbox One 500GB Day One means I'll finally dump it.

conpfreak

I have two OG PS4s so this would be good to dump one of them for a PS4 Pro. My only concern is whether GameStop will try to charge is refurb fee because of the OG PS4s glossy cover.

Toki767

How is the base trade in for an XB1S 500GB only $100 if the OG PS4 still trades in for $175?

Honestly may affect my XB1X decision as I really don't need one but it is kind of cool I suppose
Less popular hardware trades in for less. Shocking news.

Probably the best deal I've seen on an OG xbox 1 in a while. Wait the ps4 is already at $180 dollar trade in credit? Thats ridiculous.

Toki767

Can you still even pre-order a One X in store though? That coupon is probably outdated so they removed the pre-order requirement.

FinKL

Time to get rid of that Day 1 Xbox One for $150

I just realized this is probably to prep for Holidays sales

_woLf

$150 for an old xbox one...that's super tempting. but I don't really want an xbox one x.

Hm.

Can you buy amazon credit with gamestop credit?

can you still get this bonus if your console wont get the full credit? Like, I am fairly certain my OG ps4 will be dinged with refurbishment fees. The controller sticks are falling apart, and the cover on the console is extremely scratched.

Rizific

i have an og xb1 and a xb1s, no need for the og. but i also have no need for credit at gamestop...can you still get amazon gc's with their trade in credit? also, how much is the "pro member" or whatever? becuase you would need that to get the additional $50, right?

Just traded in my OG XBOX for $150. Glad I was too lazy to do it last week.

I'll trade in the 1S right before I pick up my Scorpio since the $150 trade deal for that lasts until the end of October.

J_Viper

Ah shit

I wanna trade in my PS4, but I can't find the original HDD that I replaced, and I don't wanna trade it with my 2 TB drive

Anyone know if they're accepting trades for external drives?

Do you think GS might notice if I trade in an OG PS4 with 1TB memory? I put the 500gb on my old PS3 and (without realizing) gave it to my cousin who lives...pretty far.

Ibuki

Banned
I just traded my OG PS4 yesterday, but it had a scratched cover, rubber falling off, and I have opened it before.

I guess I got really lucky, so I ain't even mad.

Drove to gamestop right before closing and forgot to bring an hdmi cable with me. So if the value drops tomorrow I'm going to kick myself

Xeroblade

Drove to gamestop right before closing and forgot to bring an hdmi cable with me. So if the value drops tomorrow I'm going to kick myself

Try locking in the trade value tonight, they should honor it for one full day. Not 100% on that though. It's what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Top Bottom