• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop | PowerUp Rewards Pro--Extra $50 Credit for Trading In Switch, PS4 or XB1

Makki

Try locking in the trade value tonight, they should honor it for one full day. Not 100% on that though. It's what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Just did this. Wonder what the chance is of getting a white PS4 bundle reserved this late. Wasn't gonna go pro, but I can use my GF's brother sub to get $225 for my OG PS4!

Toni

Holy jesus take the wheel.

I am cancelling the White Pro Destiny 2 bundle from Amazon and getting this instead. This is an amazing deal. Plus I have 6 retail games that I don't use anymore that I could put in towards even more credit.

Just in time for Destiny 2.

Good god, what an opportunity.

Whoever wants that White Pro, now is absolutely your chance.

Got to my gamestop late thanks to my bank having crappy ATM's and everyone wanting to use them tonight for some reason and also because I worked late/taking everything out and packing it up took time. Was sent away by the employee because the trade in would take too long. Which I understand because I know they like to turn them on and see if they work. At the same time I know if there was a long ass line they would never send away their customers. Since It was just me I'm sure they had no problem pissing off just one customer. Locked in the trade in values and printed them out. Lets see if they honor them tomorrow.

So my 2 TB Xbox One S is $140 at GS and $150 at BB. It's $190 at GS with their deal and $165 at BB with GCU. It'll cost me $15 to sign up for a GS Power up membership, while I already have GCU. So I'm only saving $10 at GS. And if I use some of that credit for Destiny 2, it's actually a better deal at BB because I'm saving $12 on the game. If I do trade in my S, it'll be at BB.

Thanks for this deal! Took the ol slim down to GS and paid off an upgrade to the Destiny Pro. The next week will suck without a PS4 but it'll definitely be worth.

J_Viper

Old PS4
OG Xbone
Doom
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
MGSV
Rare Replay
Halo 5
Master Chief Collection

=

448 GS bucks

Preordered the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle for a $2 difference

Sometimes, you're alright, GameStop

VeeP

I could get $230 for my OG PS4. Do you guys think they're will be a cheaper PS4 Pro bundle during black friday? Even used would be nice.

DeaDPo0L84

So I could trade in an og Xbox for 150 AND also an original ps4 for 225 with this deal?

Just did this a few hours ago tonight to pre-order my wife the Destiny 2 Pro Bundle. Worked out great cause we got $375, the bundle is $450, gonna sell the Destiny 2 disc and codes and pay off the remainder balance and not have to pay anything out of pocket. Its a great deal especially if you have og launch systems cause what gamestop is offering is way above what youll get on ebay.

If I have a larger HDD currently in my PS4 could I just deactivate the PS4 and then just take the HDD out and use that to transfer later? Or do I still need to do a backup to an external?

I'm gonna take it out and put the original 500gb HDD back inside before I trade.

wanders

Did any gamestop employees ask you for an HDMI cable for trade in? Was basically denied an X1 trade in because I didn't have an HDMI cable...

DeaDPo0L84

Did any gamestop employees ask you for an HDMI cable for trade in? Was basically denied an X1 trade in because I didn't have an HDMI cable...

I was told to bring Console, sony brand controller, power cable, HDMI cable, ad charge cord for the controller in order to be accepted.

It worked! Traded in an OG Xbox One, OG PS4, 6 games, and a few misc. Xbox One accessories, and wound up with a PS4 Pro, one year warranty, and Shadows of Mordor used for $25.

I assume they won't have any issue with me becoming a pro member and then trading in an Xbox at the same time?

Also, they are seriously offering the same price for an S and OG One? Site is saying $100 for both. I have one of each I want to ditch, is there a better deal I should use for the S or just take the extra $50 for it as well?

robotrock

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

is it cool if the DS4 I trade in with my ps4 looks like this?

I preordered the xbox one x online GameStop and I currently have the day one xbone anyway I can trade in my og and use the credit on the one I already preordered?

Really considering doing this for the White Pro.

Actually, probably gonna do it. I have an extra controller, those fetch anything decent on this?

It looks like they decreased the baseline prices. My white PS4 was showing $175 two days ago and it shows $160 now. So much for taking it in this weekend.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It looks like they decreased the baseline prices. My white PS4 was showing $175 two days ago and it shows $160 now. So much for taking it in this weekend.

Lame. My launch PS4 seriously sounds like it's about to explode when the fans spin up.

they knocked $50 something off my ps4 because the X button was sticking just a little bit to the point where it was barely noticeable. But that was apparently $50 to them. So I basically lost the bonus. it sucks too because I had already replaced the sticks on the controller.

does game stop sell walmart gift cards? and if so can you buy them with gamestop credit?

Is it just amazon gift cards that are blocked?

What's the best place to trade in a OG Xbox One for a Xbox One X

You'll get $140 in credit with this current promotion. If you wait til X1X you'll get $100

they knocked $50 something off my ps4 because the X button was sticking just a little bit to the point where it was barely noticeable. But that was apparently $50 to them. So I basically lost the bonus. it sucks too because I had already replaced the sticks on the controller.

With something like this, just take it to another Gamestop. It all depends on who is taking the trade-in.

does game stop sell walmart gift cards? and if so can you buy them with gamestop credit?

Is it just amazon gift cards that are blocked?

No Walmart cards.

Top Bottom