• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 5 + GSTL Season 3 Thread

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
//: Global Starcraft II League (GSL) 2012 GSL Season 5 - Vegas!
68672.jpg

GomTV Link
Liquidpedia Link

Casters
  • Code S: Tasteless & Artosis
  • Code A: Wolf & Khaldor
  • Up and Down: Wolf & Khaldor
  • Team League: Wolf & Khaldor

Schedule
GSL Season 5 will run from October 22nd to December 5th
  • Up&Downs starts from October 22nd
  • Code S starts from October 29th
  • Code A starts from November 19th

Up and Down Schedule
gsls5_updowngroup.png

Players

Code S
GfNHU.png

Code A
TBD by Up and Down/Code S/and Code A Qualifications.

Up and Down
ZeYoG.png

Format
iddMdyhT1ES5a.jpg

Prize Pool
6npew.png

Map Pool
Dunno yet.

Broadcast Schedule
Click Me

Stream:
GOMTV GSL 2012 Season 5 Live Link
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : Resolution: 512x288
Premium
SQ : 450Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 640x360 / Minimum bandwidth required: 550Kbps
HQ : 900Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 960x540 / Minimum bandwidth required:1000Kbps

Buy the Premium Service

Permanent access to all the match VODs provided in Global StarCraft II League 2012 Season 5.

----------

GomTV Page

Liquidpedia Page

Casters
Wolf "Wolf" Schröder and Thomas "Khaldor" Kilian.

Format:
Round 1 (Preliminaries)
- Best of 9
- 3 participating teams: NSH, LG-IM, FnaticRC (the top 6 teams of 2012 GSTL Season 2 are seeded into Round 2)
- Round robin style: All teams will play each other and only 2 will advance

Round 2 (Pennant Race)
- Best of 9
- 8 participating teams: FXOpen, TSL, Prime, SlayerS, StarTale, MVP + (2 teams from Round 1)
- 2 groups with 4 teams each. Dual Tournament format, 2 teams advance, 2 teams are eliminated.
(Same system as Code S Ro32, Ro16)

Round 3 (Playoffs)
- Best of 9
- Semi-Finals: Group A 1st vs Group B 2nd, Group A 2nd vs Group B 1st
- Grand Finals

Teams:
63948.png

Schedule: (September 7th - November 24th)
63949.png

Map Pool:
• ESV Muspelheim
• GSL Whirlwind
• GSL Ohana
• GSL Cloud Kingdom
• GSL Entombed Valley
• GSL Antiga Shipyard
• GSL Daybreak
• GSL Abyssal City - NEW MAP
• GSL Grand Lagoon - NEW MAP

VODs
Require Premium Pass

Stream Live Link: http://www.gomtv.net/live/
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : Resolution: 512x288
Premium
SQ : 450Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 640x360 / Minimum bandwidth required: 550Kbps
HQ : 900Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 960x540 / Minimum bandwidth required:1000Kbps

Buy the Premium Service

Permanent access to all the match VODs provided in 2012 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 3.
Additional access to services such as HQ Live Stream, Live Chat etc.

Corran Horn

By demand I put the GSL and GSTL threads together.

Tonight in 1.5 hours Season 5 of GSL starts with Up and Down matches Group A

Players
  • JYP
  • aLive
  • BBoongBBoong
  • MMA
  • Hack
  • HyuN

Wunder

I think Roro and the Kespa Terrans will do pretty well in Code S, Vampire and Sniper will most likely fall back down to Code A. Also hopefully Flash can advance in his groups!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
excellent.

might not watch tonights, but will very much be watching supernovas group to see if he can get the nestea award :D

Aaron

I'll watch just to see if they reveal which team MMA is signing to. Considering he's already cursed, I don't see much point in EG picking him up.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
aLive really did play poorly. How JYP was able to take out so much without him notices was really strange.

He will have to improve his concentration if he hopes to get out of this group.

giri

I'll watch just to see if they reveal which team MMA is signing to. Considering he's already cursed, I don't see much point in EG picking him up.
None yet, he's wearing a slayers jacket still though.
Wow that's quite the Group A

B and D seem to the hardest of the lot. All those guys could be in Code S.

Also, bbonbbong has left Prime.

bbyybb

Rough night for aLive. MMA seems to have a permanent indifference expression going even when he wins/loses.

bbyybb

Wow, DRG isn't doing that bad so far.

He has been playing better lately, he did make it to the OSL finals as well which is on later this week.

I haven't seen a delay like this in a while over a mouse driver.

Aaron

DRG advances without breaking a sweat. Genius and Mini sink, and now Yoda and Bomber vie for the second place. Which obviously means zerg is the best race.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
watching protoss after protoss lose to terrans who go big on vikings before any possibility of a tech switch/3rd base brings back gold league memories.

Corran Horn

Tonight Up and Down Group C (1.5 hours from post)
  • asd
  • KeeN
  • ByuN
  • PartinG
  • Shine
  • Trap

Order
  1. asd <Daybreak> KeeN
  2. ByuN <Whirlwind> PartinG
  3. Shine <Cloud Kingdom> Trap
  4. asd <Antiga Shipyard> ByuN
  5. KeeN <Entombed Valley> Shine
  6. PartinG <Abyssal City> Trap
  7. asd <Ohana> Shine
  8. KeeN <Entombed Valley> PartinG
  9. ByuN <Whirlwind> Trap
  10. asd <Cloud Kingdom> PartinG
  11. KeeN <Daybreak> Trap
  12. ByuN <Abyssal City> Shine
  13. asd <Ohana> Trap
  14. PartinG <Antiga Shipyard> Shine
  15. KeeN <Ohana> ByuN

Aaron

The way Flash carefully positions his army, and keeps scanning to keep track of the enemy army, is so damn good. Never over commits or gets trapped.

Zzoram

The way Flash carefully positions his army, and keeps scanning to keep track of the enemy army, is so damn good. Never over commits or gets trapped.

Broodwar players seem a lot more comfortable with scanning a lot because they're used to doing it in Broodwar.

StayDead

Broodwar players seem a lot more comfortable with scanning a lot because they're used to doing it in Broodwar.

I've never understood why people don't scan more tbh. I realise I'm only a diamond player, but I find it much better to scan more and not die to being out of position, than get a few extra minerals quicker. It means you mine out slower too.

Then again, I guess I'm a mech player.

StayDead

Does it usually go better for Zerg in this situation? I thought early speedlings would be horrible for proxy barracks.

You'd think it would be, but this is Flash. Him and Boxer are just easily the best 2 terrans of all time over both games in those situations.

Zzoram

Money scan, he sees Baneling Nest just started and IMMEDIATELY runs 20 Marines to Sirius' third and kills it and retreats just as slow Banelings finish. Beautiful.

Flash pushed out 60 supply up with Marine Tank Medivac and stomped the Ling/Baneling defense.

Flash 2-0 and looking to make it to Code S for GSL 2012 Season 5.

Zzoram

Nice to see all the matchups from Flash today. His upcoming TvTs will be interesting.

SuperNova seems off his game so Flash has a decent chance there. Ryung will probably be the tougher opponent.

Flash is very likely to advance to Code S and I hope he does. He's the draw that GSL needs now that no foreigners are left.

Zzoram

Don't they have any seeds to give out? I was expecting Stephano since he is in Korea IIRC.

Stephano is banned from games for 2 months. It wouldn't be a ban if EG was just forcing him to play GSL. Also, if that's what EG was doing, you'd think they would've announced that instead of an outright ban.

GOM would love to get Stephano in GSL but Stephano has already declined 3 times because he prefers easy foreign money.

Top Bottom