• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever called off work to play a video game?

Have you ever called off work to play a game?

• Total voters

Kupfer

I voted yes, although I'm not sure I can translate the OP correctly.
Is it about calling in sick to play video games? Then no.
Is it about taking some of your vacation days or overtime compensation to play video games? Then yes.
Last time for CP2077.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

i did for FFXIV Endwalker launch. forgot about Shadowbringers. im proud over the reason for the leave lol.

gonna do same with FFXVI.

Zimmy68

I think I took off the day after picking up Grand Theft Auto IV at a Blockbuster Video midnight release.

Kuranghi

When I was 14 or 15 (I was born in December 1986 so you can work it out if you really want) I pretended to be sick on the day GTA 3 came out, it somehow arrived in the post the morning of release at like 7:30am, that never used to happen back then.

I got the parcel from the postman and hid it in my room and then that's when the terrible sickness developed, I had to pretend to go to the toilet every hour but it was worth it 🤣

I think I got up to the eightball tanker mission where you are sniping, probably not that far into the game because I spent like literal hours combing every inch of that first island, trying for too long to get past the bridge barrier not knowing it was a progression blocker and I just had to do missions to remove it. I think I maxed out the taxi missions near the start and got that cool special taxi, did it have blood on it maybe?!

Finding the cobra for the first time by breaking the giant glass window of the showroom was awesome 👌

I loved finding the cars on the car list in later games, was that in 3 as well?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No.

I just wait till the weekend to play a new game. But way back, I'd break open the box after dinner and join the rest of friends playing COD. But you could tell some of them skipped work. I'd be level 1, and theyd already be level 10 or more.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I certainly decided to spend some of the cumulated overtime to go home earlier at times, but i have never gone on sick leave to play a game.

Top Bottom