• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 |OT| Another bug infested game

R6Rider

Gold Member
It's a gaming forum dude? So I'm talking about the game I play that's it.

This tell me you must not play 8+. Dealing with 6 Chargers with the flamethrower is IMPOSSSIBLE. You're gonna kill your teammates, or a Charger will get you, or one of them is gonne put you on fire and you'll die. Then you add a few Titan and it's even more unfun because you have NO WEAPONS to take them out.
"rely on your stratagem" is bullshit, again if you play 8+ you know it. It can help to take a few out but at the end those cooldown are too big to rely on them (also the Railgun IS a stratagem so they said I should use stratagem BUT not the one I want right?)

Please tell me since you are so smart:

That is exactly what people don't understand: they did not ruin the meta, they just nerfed the Railgun so much it's just useless now. Shield is still ok (never was a big fan personally).

It's far from useless. Switch it to Unsafe mode and it still kills things fast.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
I think the number of large enemies is a mixed bag, which I like. I play 7+ all the time and have never seen 5 bile titans after 3 minutes. 🤣

One of those cases in which you take the L and go on to the next mission... or run around kill small shit and try to extract.

I know people thought they cracked the meta and now they don't like feeling weaker, but let's also see how the mechs affect things.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Watching players gaze up an the sky as they see the meteor shower for the first time is hilarious.

Always ends badly. Bright lights bad.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So they ruined your experience by killing one weapon?
You still don't understand. I would love to have more weapons to take on Charger and Titan but... they are all ineffective. I don't specifically care about the Railgun, it's just that at level 8+ it was the only thing capable of handling the big enemies the game threw at you. They need to buff other weapons, not nerf the only one that work. But please tell me since you are so good how to deal with 6+ chargers and 3 Titan now? Orbital Lazer (or any other stratagem) => run for 4 minutes and repeat? That is so much fun indeed.

It's far from useless. Switch it to Unsafe mode and it still kills things fast.
As I said yesterday, I only use it in unsafe. And the charger will die before you can break it's armor 80% of the time now. How stupid is this? Also 4 to 6 hits to kill a charger, ok, but how do you do when there is 6, 7 or 8 chargers?

Varteras

Gold Member
You still don't understand. I would love to have more weapons to take on Charger and Titan but... they are all ineffective. I don't specifically care about the Railgun, it's just that at level 8+ it was the only thing capable of handling the big enemies the game threw at you. They need to buff other weapons, not nerf the only one that work. But please tell me since you are so good how to deal with 6+ chargers and 3 Titan now? Orbital Lazer (or any other stratagem) => run for 4 minutes and repeat? That is so much fun indeed.

As I said yesterday, I only use it in unsafe. And the charger will die before you can break it's armor 80% of the time now. How stupid is this? Also 4 to 6 hits to kill a charger, ok, but how do you do when there is 6, 7 or 8 chargers?
You seem mad. Grab the flamethrower and go burn things. I hear it's the new hotness.

Varteras

Gold Member
I'm tired of repeating the same tings because some of you can't read. I get it you don't play 8+, otherwise you'll know it's not viable.
Valentines Day Hug GIF by Teletubbies

yurinka

yup. i sneaked in 2 missions on lunch break. the nerfing of the railgun means the charger is MUCH harder to deal with.

also how to I set my railgun to the overcharge setting? I hold R to bring up the choice but cant change it from normal mode
Keep the square button pressed: it shows some options for weapons, as could be ammo type.

In this case, in unsafe mode you can charge more the shot to make it more powerful. But make sure you don't charge it to the max because it explodes killing you.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Get fucked I'm done.

Then play 7 only, until the data shows Arrowhead that they made a bad decision.
That is what I'm doing.

You're not cool unless you play higher than that, though.
8 and 9 exist so we should be able to play them don't you think? It worked just fine before but since 90% of weapons were useless, players needed to rely on what was working.
The meta was what it was because we didn't had other options. Now the meta is gonna be flamethrower/Arc in place of the Railgun lmao. And they will nerf them of course. And when the time will come to nerf the weapons you use, you'll understand.

Keep the square button pressed: it shows some options for weapons, as could be ammo type.

In this case, in unsafe mode you can charge more the shot to make it more powerful. But make sure you don't charge it to the max because it explodes killing you.
4 to 5 hits MINIMUM in unsafe mod unless you charge it at 95%+ but this is way too risky since the frametime between 95+% and instant death is too small. Especially wen you need 3 hits per charger.
Again, please show me. And were not even talking about Titan.

SO MUCH FUN

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Get fucked I'm done.

That is what I'm doing.

8 and 9 exist so we should be able to play them don't you think? It worked just fine before but since 90% of weapons were useless, players needed to rely on what was working.
The meta was what it was because we didn't had other options. Now the meta is gonna be flamethrower/Arc in place of the Railgun lmao. And they will nerf them of course. And when the time will come to nerf the weapons you use, you'll understand.

4 to 5 hits MINIMUM in unsafe mod unless you charge it at 95%+ but this is way too risky since the frametime between 95+% and instant death is too small. Especially wen you need 3 hits per charger.
Again, please show me. And were not even talking about charger.

SO MUCH FUN

I wonder how many times you'll respond before you get it.

yurinka

Dealing with 6 Chargers with the flamethrower is IMPOSSSIBLE. You're gonna kill your teammates, or a Charger will get you, or one of them is gonne put you on fire and you'll die.
Keep a safe space from your team mates and don't put yourself one in front of the other (make more or less a line instead) to make sure you don't kill each other.

Then you add a few Titan and it's even more unfun because you have NO WEAPONS to take them out. "rely on your stratagem" is bullshit, again if you play 8+ you know it. It can help to take a few out but at the end those cooldown are too big to rely on them (also the Railgun IS a stratagem so they said I should use stratagem BUT not the one I want right?)

Please tell me since you are so smart:

That is exactly what people don't understand: they did not ruin the meta, they just nerfed the Railgun so much it's just useless now. Shield is still ok (never was a big fan personally).

Many of us were killing them without using that broken weapon. Just get some patience, use stratagems etc. I killed one even dropping a turret on his head, chopping it off.

Railgun isn't useless. It was broken and they fixed it. And well, mechs and armored vehicles will drop next week, which it's fair to assume should be pretty powerful.

And well, nobody forces you to play in 8 or 9, the game is also fun in lower difficulty levels. If you think 8 or 9 are now too difficult for you, just play in 6 or 7.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I wonder how many times you'll respond before you get it.
He's on such a tirade that he quoted my joking gif about spoiling the unsafe mode surprise.
Well English is not my primary language so excuse me if some stuff is flying over my head. You should know that we are not all English in there.

Keep a safe space from your team mates and don't put yourself one in front of the other (make more or less a line instead) to make sure you don't kill each other.

Many of us were killing them without using that broken weapon. Just get some patience, use stratagems etc. I killed one even dropping a turret on his head, chopping it off.

Railgun isn't useless. It was broken and they fixed it. And well, mechs and armored vehicles will drop next week, which it's fair to assume should be pretty powerful.
You can't deal with 3+ Titan and 7+ chargers. That's not fantasy it's the truth. Maybe the top 0.5% player can do it, good for them.

Varteras

Gold Member
Well English is not my primary language so excuse me if some stuff is flying over my head. You should know that we are not all English in there.

You can't deal with 3+ Titan and 7+ chargers. That's not fantasy it's the truth. Maybe the top 0.5% player can do it, good for them.
Just chill, bro. I'm not even saying that to get a rise out of you. Try to relax a little over the conversation. I'll stop giving you shit.

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
Played a dozen matches yesterday afternoon/evening with my crew. And the handful of ones we did succeed we got 1-3 stars. Just a ton of bile’s and stalkers. Constant stratagem calls. Low ammo, low stims.

I love this game and will continue to play it because it’s the most fun I’ve had playing a PvE game like this in a while. Before Bungie went full Bungo.

However, with the changes to weapons and the new warbond coming, I am curious if the new weapons and mechs are locked behind the final tiers of the warbond. So, new toys and guns should help with this recent bump in difficulty.

Had a hell of time joining on friends yesterday or them joining on me. I guess my biggest gripe, so far, is the slower than molasses XP crawl. A slight increase would go a long way imo.

It will take one amazing game to topple this from probably my GOTY. Glad to kick COD to the curb finally.

Then play 7 only, until the data shows Arrowhead that they made a bad decision.
Why would Arrowhead care what level of difficulty someone plays as long as they are playing? I was playing 8 or 9 before the patch but I dropped down to 7 after. It's enjoyable seeing the amount of people freaking out because they have to drop down in difficulty levels

yurinka

The most difficult levels are supposed to be very ultra difficult. For top players using top equipment and doing top team work.

Why would Arrowhead care what level of difficulty someone plays as long as they are playing? I was playing 8 or 9 before the patch but I dropped down to 7 after. It's enjoyable seeing the amount of people freaking out because they have to drop down in difficulty levels
For Arrowhead is better to have different needs for different levels.

Meaning, for them isn't good to have a level 5 player completing level 9 difficulty missions.

The game should have a difficulty cap that doesn't let the player progress past certain difficulty level until that player grinds enough to get weapons, stratagems and ship upgrades of certain level and keeps improving team work etc.

Then once achieves this and gets used to complete certain difficulty level then grinds again to unlock the stuff needed for the next level, etc.

The idea is to create a longer as possible progression path. If players get everything the first week or month then they'll get bored soon and leave the game sooner. If the player sees there are more stuff to be unlocked will remain playing the game for longer. Which means more Warbonds and cosmetics bougth.

This also helps to separate better the players per skill and progress, which opens the door to release in the future specific stuff for each group, and better detect what needs to be improved or tweaked for each one.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Played a dozen matches yesterday afternoon/evening with my crew. And the handful of ones we did succeed we got 1-3 stars. Just a ton of bile’s and stalkers. Constant stratagem calls. Low ammo, low stims.

I love this game and will continue to play it because it’s the most fun I’ve had playing a PvE game like this in a while. Before Bungie went full Bungo.

However, with the changes to weapons and the new warbond coming, I am curious if the new weapons and mechs are locked behind the final tiers of the warbond. So, new toys and guns should help with this recent bump in difficulty.

Had a hell of time joining on friends yesterday or them joining on me. I guess my biggest gripe, so far, is the slower than molasses XP crawl. A slight increase would go a long way imo.

It will take one amazing game to topple this from probably my GOTY. Glad to kick COD to the curb finally.
I'm assuming the mechs will unlock after a community challenge is completed or after a tutorial mission is completed. You'll probably get access to a starter mech and then can get upgraded mechs or parts as unlocks via the warbonds or ship upgrades.

New warbonds will most likely have the new weapons, but I'm guessing the warbonds will be cheaper at lower tiers so it shouldn't be too bad getting new gear.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Just chill, bro. I'm not even saying that to get a rise out of you. Try to relax a little over the conversation. I'll stop giving you shit.
Whatever. I wish I could discuss the game without getting quote by people playing at level 5/6 thinking they know better. Also do you really need to antagonize me because we don't agree? You really think it makes you better?

The most difficult levels are supposed to be very ultra difficult. For top players using top equipment and doing top team work.
It's not difficult, it's just a boring run and stratagem game at level 8+. It's stupid design, when before you could at least try to fight and have a chance. Now you are dead.

Varteras

Gold Member
Whatever. I wish I could discuss the game without getting quote by people playing at level 5/6 thinking they know better. Also do you really need to antagonize me because we don't agree? You really think it makes you better?

It's not difficult, it's just a boring run and stratagem game at level 8+. It's stupid design, when before you could at least try to fight and have a chance. Now you are dead.
Lol I'm not playing at 5 or 6. Also, your own attitude isn't the greatest here, bud. Look in the mirror.

Scary_Larry

Neo Member
I'm assuming the mechs will unlock after a community challenge is completed or after a tutorial mission is completed. You'll probably get access to a starter mech and then can get upgraded mechs or parts as unlocks via the warbonds or ship upgrades.

New warbonds will most likely have the new weapons, but I'm guessing the warbonds will be cheaper at lower tiers so it shouldn't be too bad getting new gear.
Was thinking exactly the same thing. Good to see people be level-headed and mostly positive here. The Discord and Sub-Reddit channels for this game is on another level of entitled, cry baby shit.

GymWolf

No, if its broken like the railgun was. It had 0 downside. Imagine if they'd buff everything to that level... yeah now thanks. I hope everyone who cries about changes like this will leave this game, we dont need a crybaby community
It had downsides, only 20 rounds and an ammo pack only gave you like 4 ammo, not the fastest weapon when you use it in unsafe mode (and can kill you or you can just waste a bullet because of how the weapon work), and it's absolute shite with hordes or just multiple enemies, i really don't care much about the nerf because i stopped using it in favour of the arc thrower that is much more fun to use, but it wasn't a super broken weapon on helldive, it was just very good with dealing with chargers, it was already kinda random with the bile titan, you could kill one in 2 hits or like 10 hits.

Right now if you don't count the chargers armour bug, you only have kinda unrealiable ways to deal with multiple chargers at once, let's not even go into bile titan territory...

People thought it was op because the other weapons were crap against chargers.
Chargers are an easy kill if you're running a flamethrower. Cook em from the inside out!
That happen because of a bug, when you avoid a charge the armour in the legs of the charger lose any value, if they fix the bug, it's not gonna be that easy anymore.

Right now there are videos of people 2 shotting a charger with the freaking autocannon, just avoid the charge and shot 2 round to the back of the front leg and the charger die.

P.s. i'm not overly mad about the patch, i was just specifying things.

Last edited:

The Stig

I'm on PC.

Ive been able to change fire modes on other guns but not the railgun for some reason

Spyxos

Gold Member
I think people complaining about the nerfs against armour are forgetting one huge thing. We are just about to get a mech update.
We don't know how they will work. Will they be standing around on the map? If so, how often, or are they an upgrade in the battlepass? If so, how far back?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Lol I'm not playing at 5 or 6. Also, your own attitude isn't the greatest here, bud. Look in the mirror.
I've always been polite towards the member of this forum. And then people like Killjoy-NL Killjoy-NL , V ViciousAgenda and you came at me saying that the game is perfectly fine, or that I should not make my opinion heard (like wtf, in a gaming forum related to the game I play? Ok dude). Y'all saying it did not break the game but you can't tell me a solution (because there is none) to deal with 3 Titan and 6+ Charger.

Look in the mirror indeed.

Varteras

Gold Member
I think people complaining about the nerfs against armour are forgetting one huge thing. We are just about to get a mech update.
My squad and I ran a 7 where we literally could not see at one point on the map. There was so much fog. We couldn't believe how low the visibility was. We got absolutely swarmed. Including two bile titans and maybe four or five chargers. None of us were running the meta. We survived. It was a fucking nightmare, but we made it out. Hell, we killed each other as much as the bugs did because we couldn't judge distance from each other. Had we been able to see, we would have done much better. If we can survive a situation like that, I laugh at the notion that the railgun being nerfed broke the game.

Killjoy-NL

Don't get me wrong, I was just thinking of a more constructive way for him to prove himself to be right, instead of having a meltdown.

There is nothing wrong with dropping down in difficulty. At worst, it might take just a bit longer to get materials and medals.
Then again, I think the game might be a bit too generous with medal, so that shouldn't be an issue either.

Killjoy-NL

I've always been polite towards the member of this forum. And then people like Killjoy-NL Killjoy-NL , V ViciousAgenda and you came at me saying that the game is perfectly fine, or that I should not make my opinion heard (like wtf, in a gaming forum related to the game I play? Ok dude). Y'all saying it did not break the game but you can't tell me a solution (because there is none) to deal with 3 Titan and 6+ Charger.

Nobody acts like the game is "perfectly fine", just that you're overreacting.

Mossybrew

I don't even have the railgun unlocked, or the personal shield for that matter, so nerfs haven't really affected me much. I'm only level 16, I really like this game but it's just one in my rotation so I get maybe one or two missions in a day. Suffered through a couple meteor showers last night and I like this kind of random environmental hazard.

Man, these crashes to dashboard are pissing me off - nothing like having finally found a good squad, doing well in a mission and then all of a sudden the game decides to shit itself 25 minutes in by crashing to the console's dash - it's a LITERAL waste of time...

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I laugh at the notion that the railgun being nerfed broke the game.
Again, misconception.
The problem is that the Railgun is totally useless now (for what is supposedly the best weapon in the game, look at his description lmao it's even funnier). There is a middle ground between a top weapon that you NEED (not fun either, I want other stuff to compete too) and a shitty weapon doing nothing anymore.

Nobody acts like the game is "perfectly fine", just that you're overreacting.
Maybe? So what? Why do you care? Do you really need to act like an ass rather than saying "hey dude I don't agree, here is why". I'm passionate about gaming so yeah I do take it at heart. And of course it does not mean that I don't have more important problem or anything. I still like to talk about the games I play.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Man, these crashes to dashboard are pissing me off - nothing like having finally found a good squad, doing well in a mission and then all of a sudden the game decides to shit itself 25 minutes in by crashing to the console's dash - it's a LITERAL waste of time...
Yeah I had 3 or 4 last night. All during one single mission. Which means when I rejoined it was someone else host so it didn't count towards mine.

The game really didn't want me to beat it.

Varteras

Gold Member
Y'all saying it did not break the game but you can't tell me a solution (because there is none) to deal with 3 Titan and 6+ Charger.
Again, misconception.
The problem is that the Railgun is totally useless now (for what is supposedly the best weapon in the game, look at his description lmao it's even funnier). There is a middle ground between a top weapon that you NEED (not fun either, I want other stuff to compete too) and a shitty weapon doing nothing anymore.

Maybe? So what? Why do you care? Do you really need to act like an ass rather than saying "hey dude I don't agree, here is why". I'm passionate about gaming so yeah I do take it at heart. And of course it does not mean that I don't have more important problem or anything. I still like to talk about the games I play.

The solution is get better at not using a crutch weapon. If my squad can run a 7, in a situation with no visibility, getting swarmed by bugs including multiple titans and chargers, doing as much damage to each other as the enemy, and survive, then the issue isn't a weapon being nerfed. Especially in a situation like that which would make it VERY difficult to use a railgun even if we had been using it at the time. Is the railgun useless now? Probably. Only two of us ran it and I got bored of it awhile ago, so I stopped. Yet we always seem to just barrel through and use what we have to kill shit. We also laugh and have fun dying. That might help you. Except that one guy always bitching about samples. Ugh. THAT guy.

I don't care what you play or what your opinion is but I'll reply to a knee-jerk reaction every time.

Play something else if it bothers you that much.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
My squad and I ran a 7 where we literally could not see at one point on the map. There was so much fog. We couldn't believe how low the visibility was. We got absolutely swarmed. Including two bile titans and maybe four or five chargers. None of us were running the meta. We survived. It was a fucking nightmare, but we made it out. Hell, we killed each other as much as the bugs did because we couldn't judge distance from each other. Had we been able to see, we would have done much better. If we can survive a situation like that, I laugh at the notion that the railgun being nerfed broke the game.
That's a good point, you don't get XP for killing every enemy that appears, it's not a horde mode. Sometimes you have to move to another area then try come back later.

yurinka

The solution is get better at not using a crutch weapon. If my squad can run a 7, in a situation with no visibility, getting swarmed by bugs including multiple titans and chargers, doing as much damage to each other as the enemy, and survive, then the issue isn't a weapon being nerfed. Especially in a situation like that which would make it VERY difficult to use a railgun even if we had been using it at the time. Is the railgun useless now? Probably. Only two of us ran it and I got bored of it awhile ago, so I stopped. Yet we always seem to just barrel through and use what we have to kill shit. We also laugh and have fun dying. That might help you. Except that one guy always bitching about samples. Ugh. THAT guy.
I'm the one always worried about the samples, asking when dead if someone got them in case of being respawned far. xDDD

Also, remember that sometimes is better to move on instead of keeping there to kill every single enemy.

That's a good point, you don't get XP for killing every enemy that appears, it's not a horde mode. Sometimes you have to move to another area then try come back later.
In harder difficulty levels you're also pretty time constrained, so you have to focus on the objectives first. And once you got them, if there's time left then you may spend some time having fun killing big hordes.

In many cases it's smarter to just run away.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm running 7 and 8. Anyway if it was very difficult to use the Railgun (and I agree since you have pretty much to stand still) why nerf it THAT MUCH in the first place? It's stupid design. Did you ever did a level 8 mission with 3 Titant and a swarm of charger? I swear you can't deal with them unless you have a lot of luck/stratagem ready at this time (and even then it wont be enough).

I'm always moving, staying in the same spot for more than 1 minute is a sign of a coming death. But sometimes you need to stay at the objective (also that 4 minutes extraction is a joke really).

Top Bottom