• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Overview Trailer | Out This Holiday

That looked awesome.

I’m a bit disappointed by the vague “Holiday 2022” release date because that means I wouldn’t be surprised to see it delayed into 2023. I was hoping for an exact release date for sometimes in the next 6 months.

Airbus Jr

Banned
H2uMm8V.jpg
XFszPw9.jpg
8Y6udmJ.jpg
9lRXGZS.jpg

Is there a normal trailer? I have no interest in watching 22 minutes, but I am interested in the game itself... I tried googling it but couldn't find anything.

Notabueno

Banned
Why do environnement look so fucking vapid, grey with faded monochromatic colors, wasn't "next-gen" supposed to fix that at last? Especially the exteriors, how fucking bland and empty...

Otherwise, this looks like a great open-world, HP is lame but this looks like a cool blend open-world adventure-rpg.

It annoys me that the kid doesn't age from 11 years old (at the sorting) to year 5 :p

Apart from that, looks ok. Not really excited at the game area being hogwarts+outskirts. Graphics look ok, hope they'll fix the framedrops. Combat looks a bit weird. Why are wizard enemies just standing in one spot while occasionally shooting of a hex? Combat needs to be more dynamic.

Dream HP game for me would be playing as a auror. Not going to happen I guess.

Last edited:
Sorry, but they shouldn’t release it within this year, it looks like it needs at least another year. It looks like a great foundation, but there are still a lot of rough things. A lot of animations and especially the faces needs work. Combat also still looks pretty boring and it seems a lot of copy and paste for the enemies.

Like I said it looks promising but I don’t believe there is enough time until Holiday to finish the required work.

Salz01

It looks pretty good. Seems like lots of things to do and explore. Not sure about the overall mystery thou… Hopefully the story is a bit meatier. Also wondering what resolution and fps this thing is going to run at.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
omfg inject this right into my fucking veins.

i've been dreaming of a new HP game for well over a decade now. i'm impressed by the trailer but still hope it doesn't suck.

Dude, the game gets better looking with each passing second during the State of Play.

Not a big fan of the franchise, but I'm definitely hands on deck for this game.

zkorejo

Wow!. This game looks amazing. Better than what I expected. I really hope this isn't delayed. Looking forward to it.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Why is everyone ignoring the sub 30 framerate? Let's hope for a performance mode.

It annoys me that the kid doesn't age from 11 years old (at the sorting) to year 5 :p

Doesn't the main character join the school (and hence get sorted) in his fifth year?

Anyway, the environments looked very nice to me, although I wasn't completely sold on the voice acting. Also I'll wait and read reviews about the combat - overfiddly combat is something I'm too old for now.

I'll get it, but whether I get it early on or wait for a sale will depend on reviews / forum posts.

zkorejo

This is a playstation exclusive? I'm hoping for 3D audio and dualsense features for this. This could be a very special and unique gaming experience.

2022 is starting to look really good for me in terms of gaming. Breath of fresh air.

I love the books despite not liking the author's political views. I don't feel sorry for her, when it comes to the regressives coming after her for her TERF views since she's one of the people who fostered that environment.

I'm very excited for this game. Looks like they gave the game the proper development time. Looks amazing and the gameplay looks fun. I always wanted a Harry Potter game like this with RPG elements

BTW, I'm House Hufflepuff

Umbasaborne

Banned
I love the books despite not liking the author's political views. I don't feel sorry for her, when it comes to the regressives coming after her for her TERF views since she's one of the people who fostered that environment.

I'm very excited for this game. Looks like they gave the game the proper development time. Looks amazing and the gameplay looks fun. I always wanted a Harry Potter game like this with RPG elements

BTW, I'm House Hufflepuff
Well said. Let her and the twitter mob battle it out. They were made for eachother. At least we get this sick game

Sakura

Game looks interesting. Not entirely sure what kind of game it is supposed to be though. Something like Persona where the events transpire over a school year and you attend classes and such?

dottme

Doesn't the main character join the school (and hence get sorted) in his fifth year?

Anyway, the environments looked very nice to me, although I wasn't completely sold on the voice acting. Also I'll wait and read reviews about the combat - overfiddly combat is something I'm too old for now.

I'll get it, but whether I get it early on or wait for a sale will depend on reviews / forum posts.
For the combat, on PS2 I think or maybe PS3, there was a little too dynamic combat and it didn‘t feel HP at all.
So we will see, but I’m ok with them being a little slow. Especially if it’s an RPG where your stats are more important and the strategy you used.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
This looks so damned good. Can’t wait. My wife is pumped too. Hopefully this launches on Steam because it should theoretically run great on Steam Deck given it’s also launching on PS4.

The same WB that had so much paid costume shit for mk, injustice and batman arkham knight. The same WB that gated the real ending of shadow of war behind the grindiest shit ever to get you to buy whatever the fuck that speeds it up (tbf they patched it..after about a year). Did Jk Rowling pull her billion dollar weight to not have mtx? Regardless I dont believe it until release.

Reactions: Fuz

Sakura

The same WB that had so much paid costume shit for mk, injustice and batman arkham knight. The same WB that gated the real ending of shadow of war behind the grindiest shit ever to get you to buy whatever the fuck that speeds it up (tbf they patched it..after about a year). Did Jk Rowling pull her billion dollar weight to not have mtx? Regardless I dont believe it until release.
Well in regards to the timers, I remember Dragon Age Inquisition had stupid ass timers for doing stuff in the map room, but there were no microtransactions involved with it. Could be something like that.

ckaneo

It’s comin on Switch 😃😃😃
As a switch owner....yikes lol.

I'll get it on whichever is best between ps5 and series x, but man a switch version would be so damn cool. But I know it will suck

Last edited:

blacktout

It’s comin on Switch 😃😃😃
Wow, holy shit. Excited for this, since I'm still too poor to get a next gen console and like the flexibility of being able to play wherever, but ... How the hell are they going to do this?

Fredrik

This looked awesome!
Someone mentioned Steam Deck, so it’s on Steam too? I thought it was PS5 exclusive.

Edit: Holy crap it’s everywhere. This is going to sell like crazy!

Last edited:

EDMIX

Pretty lame reason to buy the game, equally lame as those resetera no lifers.

Agreed. I don't even get why many are not able to actually see that.

This is a day 1 for me as I like the IP, trust the team as they have put out some amazing games and what I saw looks really solid and a fun open world to explore. I'm not buying such a thing to um "piss off no lifers" as you have to consider such a person doing that equally doesn't have much of a life.

I statement stands years later. I will not buy a game based on the creators beliefs, I won't avoid a game based on the creators beliefs.

I can never understand that weird shit lol

Topher

Gold Member
Agreed. I don't even get why many are not able to actually see that.

This is a day 1 for me as I like the IP, trust the team as they have put out some amazing games and what I saw looks really solid and a fun open world to explore. I'm not buying such a thing to um "piss off no lifers" as you have to consider such a person doing that equally doesn't have much of a life.

I statement stands years later. I will not buy a game based on the creators beliefs, I won't avoid a game based on the creators beliefs.

I can never understand that weird shit lol

No one is going to be "pissed off" if any single one person buys the game so that goal is dubious at most. I think what he means to say is he will buy the game to support the developer in spite of the SJW opposition. Nothing wrong with that.

No one is going to be "pissed off" if any single one person buys the game so that goal is dubious at most. I think what he means to say is he will buy the game to support the developer in spite of the SJW opposition. Nothing wrong with that.
This makes sense to me too. I’m not as… ahem… intense on these matters as some of you, far from it in fact, but the JK Rowling fuss has made me more likely to support/engage in Harry Potter things because the furore over it is so overblown.

A few times I’ve gone looking for what was offensive about what she said, and I simply can’’t find it. And I’m not stupid.

Still not watching a 14 minute long trailer though. GTFO lol.

Top Bottom