• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution |OT| The City of "Brotherly Love" showing its true colors

FatalT

Banned
I picked this up from Redbox. It had a 3 GB day one patch so I'm playing now. The live action intro was pretty neat! I don't have high hopes though...

EDIT: Ugh, the frame rate is terrible.

1337Sauce

Generally pretty excited to hear what the rest of you guys think after my own negative impressions. The credits mention that
this is just the beginning of the series
, but I am curious to see if that will hold up after the sales of this game.

Corpekata

Banned
Was considering biting the bullet on PC and could've just refunded if it stank, but I guess it's launching at 10 AM instead of midnight on PC so that impulse purchase itch has been quelled. Oh well, should be a decent amount more of reviews and impressions by the time I might get around to buying.

kagamin

Well according to my source the gane is "okay", she's pretty sketchy sometimes but she has a good track record so I believe her.

Fezan

I played this game for ~6 hours and only way to describe it is that if you have no expectations for this game even then it's underwhelming

FatalT

Banned
I played the Crysis games so I'm loving the weapon customization in this and how you do it by holding up the gun. Something really irritating me is that anytime you get a new objective or it changes, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds to load or something.

MattyG

Banned
I played the Crysis games so I'm loving the weapon customization in this and how you do it by holding up the gun. Something really irritating me is that anytime you get a new objective or it changes, the game freezes for like 1-2 seconds to load or something.
What platform are you playing on?

FatalT

Banned
Welp, finally got to shoot some people. The recoil for just the SMG/pistol mod is absurd. The shooting doesn't feel right or satisfying AT ALL. It's hard to really get feedback from your hits but a little X at least shows when you get a hit.

What platform are you playing on?

PS4

I didn't know it was a reboot which is technically not even related to the first game. They really might as well have named it something different altogether. I think the Homefront name carries probably as much taint as it does familiarity.

camac002

I think the graphics can actually look nice but they let the frame rate drop so low at points, even when there's no action. Like consistent sub-25 at times. I'm kinda surprised they let it go out like this but I suppose they had to get it out there. But as it stands it's like another AC Unity situation...

SJRB

Gold Member
Welp, finally got to shoot some people. The recoil for just the SMG/pistol mod is absurd. The shooting doesn't feel right or satisfying AT ALL. It's hard to really get feedback from your hits but a little X at least shows when you get a hit.

PS4

Are you playing with the day one-patch installed?

FatalT

Banned
Are you playing with the day one-patch installed?

I am! I bought the assault rifle and a holographic sight and it's a bit better. Going around and capturing areas for the Resistance. It's endearing but the freezes after every objective or change of something are obnoxious. Go to the shop, buy a gun, leave the shop...3 second freeze. Accept a quest...3 second freeze.

This is what I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/QogkohJt5rI

I am! I bought the assault rifle and a holographic sight and it's a bit better. Going around and capturing areas for the Resistance. It's endearing but the freezes after every objective or change of something are obnoxious. Go to the shop, buy a gun, leave the shop...3 second freeze. Accept a quest...3 second freeze.

This is what I'm talking about:

https://youtu.be/QogkohJt5rI

God that is annoying as hell

gunnerbomb

Neo Member
1/10 for the PC version. Lol, looks like another rushed port. Then again the gameplay looks dull to begin with that this game was never going to score high.

Tapejara

PC version being shit is awful to hear. I already pre-loaded it, so I might as well try it out, but damn looks like it's getting refunded.

MattyG

Banned
PC version being shit is awful to hear. I already pre-loaded it, so I might as well try it out, but damn looks like it's getting refunded.
Eurogamer had PC footage and it didn't look half bad, actually. And Videogamer actually recommended it "if you can get it on PC".

FatalT

Banned
I switched to the multiplayer co-op mode and it's kinda neat. You gain XP to level up skills and get new skills. You get money to open supply crates to unlock new guns, attachments, and cosmetic items. You also have to get weapon parts from crates to upgrade your guns.

Nordicus

Thanks. How a first person shooter doesn't have an aiming reticle is beyond me. Looks like this game will be traded in quickly. :(
That's how Killing Floor does it. You never have a reticle, but firing from hip has just as wide a spread as aiming down sights. No arbitrary widened spread when firing from hip, but ADS gives you the tools for more consistent aim.

prudislav

1/10 for the PC version. Lol, looks like another rushed port. Then again the gameplay looks dull to begin with that this game was never going to score high.

well most of the reviews states the PC version is the best of the 3 in case of performance :-D

S for the game itself:
The idea of urban Far Cry honestly really interests me and from the reviews there seems to be semi-decent game under the technical mess...
... might try it one day on sale if they will fix the performance and other technical problems

Jim cut this game down hard, his hate for home front steeped into this game sequel reboot thing. I just remembered how badly the first one burned me, and this Revolution doesn't even include that multiplayer.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm not gonna lie, the co-op multiplayer is growing on me.

team-based objectives throughout the city is a neat idea for sure, I thought that was pretty okay.

The game does a lot of things "pretty okay" in concept, it's just the execution that unfortunately falls short.

redcrayon

I'm finding it hilarious that the NPCs call North Koreans 'Norks'. In parts of Australia and the UK it's slang for 'breasts', so 'the Norks are everywhere!' so on is going to lead to a lot of hilarity around here :D

Top Bottom