• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internal batteries ARE AN ANTI CONSUMER SCAM

What do You think?

• Internal is perfect. No complaints

Votes: 168 29.3%
  • Internal is anti consumer but I do not care

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Internal would be great if they offered replacements

Votes: 96 16.7%
  • Battery door would be better for options

Votes: 245 42.7%
  • I DO NOT CARE AT ALL

Votes: 53 9.2%

• Total voters

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nobody keeps multiple controllers docked and charged on standby?

Holding a fresh cool to the touch controller is like changing your socks after a long day to a fresh pair.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I’ve come to really come around on the ps5 controller, but holy shit is it’s battery dog shit. Wouldn’t it make more business sense for Sony to put the battery option on us? Ship a controller with two AA, sell your own rechargeable battery option with a huge profit mark up (for the suckers), and let gamers have the option of using already owned batteries.

I just don’t get it.

I’d lump Nintendo into the same camp, except its internal battery usage is amazing.

Adam_802

"External" gives you the option for both, and you never have to worry about the built-in internal battery dying over time( or having bad battery life to begin with...) I can still bring out my old 360 controllers packed away for years and put fresh AAs in them and they just work fine with the same duration as the day they were new.

Top Bottom