• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Replaceable batteries > Built in (Lithium Ion) batteries. If you think otherwise you're a fool.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
What a horribly misguided take. Built in batteries literally shit in the mouth of AA garbage. Its unbelievable that people like you actually stan for AA garbage

Every single person (sane) in the world hates AA batteries because they are a waste of actual space and time. I see my nephews AA controllers. They hate it so much lol. They are always complaining about having to take their AA batteries out and charge them instead of just plugging in their controller to charge in one of the countless USB C ports they have all around the house.

I bought them a PS5 with modern built in batteries instead and they absolutely love it, they feel like they aren't stuck in the 90s anymore. I even helped them take their AA batteries to the recycling station to turn them into actually useful technology instead.

AAs are universally hated, and one of the reasons for xboxs lack of appeal.

What the hell are you talking about dude, did you EVEN read what I posted?

I'm talking about RECHARGEABLE SUPERIOR AA batteries with HIGHER capacity than your shitty built-in batteries that you swear by.

Just because lazy people elect to do a thing a certain way it doesn't make it a BETTER alternative than what I'm talking about. You are actually standing by some mass produced low cost built-in shitty alternative than someone having the OPTION to buying a high capacity quality built battery alternative. Your post seems and reads like some sort of joke. Please tell me you are joking.

You obviously never used what I'm talking about, you don't have a clue.

E1W9xqV.jpg

A SINGLE battery of those two pictured above have more than TWICE the capacity of the entire battery pack on a PS4 controller which is 1000 mAh, one alone is almost twice as large capacity wise as PS5's 1560 mAh built in battery capacity.

So AGAIN, what are you talking about exactly?

Last edited:

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I hate playing wii because I'm too lazy to change batteries all the time. I can support a solution where both are together, if it's not too heavy.

ZoolNL

I agree! Batteries are better. Looks sad towards his psvita, 3ds, ds, psp go, game and watch new editions, anbernic devices, evercade et cetera which will all be terrible to use in 10 years.

Raonak

Banned
What the hell are you talking about dude, did you EVEN read what I posted?

I'm talking about RECHARGEABLE SUPERIOR AA batteries with HIGHER capacity than your shitty built-in batteries that you swear by.

Just because lazy people elect to do a thing a certain way it doesn't make it a BETTER alternative than what I'm talking about. You are actually standing by some mass produced low cost built-in shitty alternative than someone having the OPTION to buying a high capacity quality built battery alternative. Your post seems and reads like some sort of joke. Please tell me you are joking.

You obviously never used what I'm talking about, you don't have a clue.

A SINGLE battery of those two pictured above have more than TWICE the capacity of the entire battery pack on a PS4 controller which is 1000 mAh, one alone is almost twice as large capacity wise as PS5's 1560 mAh built in battery capacity.

So AGAIN, what are you talking about exactly?
Lol, AA batteries are far worse than built in regardless of capacity or anything else. A 10 mAh battery built-in is objectively better than 1000 mAh garbage tier AA trash.

AA is fundamentally stupid technology. And it's rightfully being phased out from all consumer electronics.

Built in rechargable batteries are the present and the future.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I've been using rechargeable AA in my 360 pads and Wavebirds since what now feels like antiquity.

Series controller really perfected it. Still takes the same AA's, or can be used as a wired controller without batteries at all by using a cable. Or even connect it to PC via bluetooth without an extra dongle...

I've been finally replacing my 360 pads with Series thanks to being the only controller getting improved while still taking normal batteries.

AA eneloops for life. But I still have rechargeable controllers and consoles . I like how most versions of the PSP have the removable battery packs , even if all you can get is the Chinese knockoffs now.

Top Bottom