• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Webb space telescope (JWST) launch scheduled for 24th of December.

Will JWST successfully deploy in space?

• Yes. Good chance it goes well.

Votes: 123 74.1%
  • No. I think something will fail. (no way to fix)

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Shepard.

Votes: 32 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nkarafo

Ok i know Webb is a research tool that's a big deal to researchers and scientists and all, and all those findings and plumes must be very important, etc...

But i wish there was some kind of big, fancy discovery like, i don't know, a closer look to the big bang event or something. Reveal some of the mysteries of how the universe came to be and things like that.

Ok i know Webb is a research tool that's a big deal to researchers and scientists and all, and all those findings and plumes must be very important, etc...

But i wish there was some kind of big, fancy discovery like, i don't know, a closer look to the big bang event or something. Reveal some of the mysteries of how the universe came to be and things like that.
Umm if I remember right. It kinda have. It kinda change the idea bout the Big Bang. Like if I remember right, they finding galaxies that are much younger then our galaxy but at places where they believe there shouldn’t have been younger galaxies but only the oldest of galaxies should be.

NeoGuff

Banned
Umm if I remember right. It kinda have. It kinda change the idea bout the Big Bang. Like if I remember right, they finding galaxies that are much younger then our galaxy but at places where they believe there shouldn’t have been younger galaxies but only the oldest of galaxies should be.
Yeah it pretty much proves the big bang never even happened

NeoGuff

Banned
So, we're going to have to re-write our science books?
Yes. If you want to learn more look into the “Electric Universe Theory” as it makes way more sense than the current model. I’ve been following it for over 10 years and they predicted that the big bang never happened along time ago. And now with the JWT giving a clearer image deeper into space the EU theory is becoming more mainstream as it simply makes more sense if you think about it.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Yes. If you want to learn more look into the “Electric Universe Theory” as it makes way more sense than the current model. I’ve been following it for over 10 years and they predicted that the big bang never happened along time ago. And now with the JWT giving a clearer image deeper into space the EU theory is becoming more mainstream as it simply makes more sense if you think about it.

Never heard of this theory until now.

This is a good place to start

In physics, theories need math. That's how you predict, gather evidence, verify, disprove, and support. But Electric Universe theory isn't big on math. In fact, "Mathematics is not physics," Thornhill said.

Also, black holes don't exist, and neither does dark matter. Nor dark energy.

The Big Bang? Never happened.

Einstein's two relativities are laughable fiction.

Um Yeah bro, shit like that's not going to be doing you any favors. Good luck with the Electric Universe theory 😂

Never heard of this theory until now.

Because they believe in space magic and not space fact. They don't recognize Einstein's theory of relativity. Literally had me laugh out loud that i started choking on my drink 😂

Last edited:

NeoGuff

Banned

In physics, theories need math. That's how you predict, gather evidence, verify, disprove, and support. But Electric Universe theory isn't big on math. In fact, "Mathematics is not physics," Thornhill said.

Also, black holes don't exist, and neither does dark matter. Nor dark energy.

The Big Bang? Never happened.

Einstein's two relativities are laughable fiction.

Um Yeah bro, shit like that's not going to be doing you any favors. Good luck with the Electric Universe theory 😂

Because they believe in space magic and not space fact. They don't recognize Einstein's theory of relativity. Literally had me laugh out loud that i started choking on my drink 😂
So did the Big Bang happen or not?

Looks like another planet in the trappist 1 system is also an airless rock, like planet b. 😥
I think the system is probably just airless rocks at the front and frozen airless iceballs at the back. Red dwarfs probably suck to host life and those planets are likely all fucked up. I bet you literally need a yellow star like our sun, and a planet in the exact position of earth that rotates. Have they found any of those yet?

Last edited:
Looks like another planet in the trappist 1 system is also an airless rock, like planet b. 😥
I think the system is probably just airless rocks at the front and frozen airless iceballs at the back. Red dwarfs probably suck to host life and those planets are likely all fucked up. I bet you literally need a yellow star like our sun, and a planet in the exact position of earth that rotates. Have they found any of those yet?
The "hope" is in for d, e and f. But I think the star being too active and the planets being tidally locked are bad news any way. Probably they're all lifeless rocks.

Pejo

Fascinating. This is always one of my favorite threads to see updates on, there's almost always something cool to look at or read about. It's crazy to think that we are gathering so much data about things so incredibly far away.

CGNoire

Ya for me its personally been kind of a letdown. I think part of the problem is that the universe is pretty fractal so that a 100x zoomed in shot can look very similar to the old zoomed out shots.

PUNKem733

THis thing is gonna be up there about 20 years. lol it just started looking around like 1.5 years ago. IT's a big deal to the actual people who know space because it is. Those zooming in shots to you may all look the same, but they're not.

Life will find a way to survive or adapt. You don't need the exact same metrics that Earth possesses to sustain life.

They found living creatures in earths deepest hydrothermal vents. High temps and crushing pressures yet life found a way to survive down there. If Europa holds a subsurface ocean, you can bet your pink ass there's a chance life would have adapated to that environment. After all Jupiter is squeezing and contracting Europa, providing that geothermal energy that live could harness to survive either in the hydrovents or beneath the surface ice.

Problem is that ice may be miles thick and getting a probe down there to investigate will be one hell of challenge.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
That's, like, a lot of dust.
denzel-washington-end-of-the-world.gif

Last edited:

Aggelos

Webb celebrates its 1st (annual) anniversary.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Webb celebrates its 1st (annual) anniversary.

Fuck we need 10 more of these things.

Top Bottom