• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judy Greer in talks to play Jamie Lee Curtis' daughter in Halloween sequel

Cranster

Banned
It was only a few hours ago that we shared with you guys the news that Jason Blum has allowed original HALLOWEEN writer-director John Carpenter to be involved in all of the big aspects of Blumhouse's upcoming sequel and now we have word on further casting!

According to Deadline, Judy Greer is in talks to join Jamie Lee Curtis in director David Gordon Green's HALLOWEEN (2018). Greer is a name you may know from such genre efforts as JURASSIC WORLD and the 2014 remake of Stephen King's CARRIE.

Word of the street is Greer in talks to play Karen Strode, the daughter of Laurie.

Interesting, right?! This means, like Steve Miner's HALLOWEEN H20 from back in the day, this new film will follow grownup Laurie and her kid vs the return of Michael Myers. Or so we can reasonably suspect.

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...asts-judy-greer-as-laurie-strode-daughter-244

On John Carpenter:

lum recently spoke to Shock Til You Drop and let them know that original HALLOWEEN writer-director John Carpenter has been involved in the process the entire time.

Jason Blum on John Carpenter:
We don’t take any big steps without his approval, so for instance hiring David and Danny [McBride] he approved. He approved their pitch, he approved their first script. He approved bringing back Jamie Lee Curtis. So anytime we make a big creative turn he’s involved with that and we don’t do it without his blessing.

We went to him and asked him to be involved. There was no contractual, financial or any other obligation to have him on this movie. We went back and asked him to join us again

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...lved-in-every-big-aspect-of-new-halloween-212

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I love Judy Greer. I always wanted her to headline a movie. This might do the trick.

Zubz

Banned
COOL. SHE SHOULD BE IN MORE MOVIES

Agreed! She never gets enough credit! Well, except for Archer, where she is billed over Aisha Tyler on Netflix. Which, as much as I love Cheryl/Carol/Cherlyne, she is not as prominent a character as Lana. That realization bugged me, since Aisha Tyler also deserves more credit.

EDIT: Oh. The title's no longer in suspicious all-caps. Editing to reflect this so I don't look weird!

jamie curtis is 58 and judy greer is 42.

laurie strode is 17 in the first halloween.

does this mean laurie strode had a 1-year-old but we never saw her?

interesting.

very interesting.

Rockk

Carpenter approving things means nothing. The man is on record saying that he doesn't given a shit because he gets paid.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
But Danielle Harris isn't busy =(

She was in the horrible Rob Zombie movies, so....sadly they can't and shouldn't bring her back. RIP Jamie Lloyd. Great character T_T.

Carpenter approving things means nothing. The man is on record saying that he doesn't given a shit because he gets paid.

He's hands on this time, and will score the film. This is not lazy John Carpenter.

CDX

So they are completely tossing out H20?

Did she have a daughter in H20? I only remember her son and his girlfriend. Weep, I guess that means H20 won't be cannon anymore

This honestly sounds like sort of an H20 remake, except H40.

Phased

It's possible this one may even ignore Halloween II to eliminate the brother sister angle.

The sister thing is pretty much canon even for 1 now. They added scenes to the original where Michael has Sister scratched into his cell.

Besides it makes no sense for him to be going after Laurie and her family again without that link.

Disgraced

He's hands on this time, and will score the film. This is not lazy John Carpenter.
I mean, efficiency is clever laziness and efficient as fuck is what Carpenter's best films are. In this situation it just seem like he'd be like "Yeah, fuck it, whatever," unless it's a really awful idea, and even then he might be like "yeah" because he thinks it's a good idea. And I don't mean to bash 'im—he's my favorite director. And I don't know if his approval means much either. It certainly doesn't mean much to me for now.

Cranster

Banned
The sister thing is pretty much canon even for 1 now. They added scenes to the original where Michael has Sister scratched into his cell.

Besides it makes no sense for him to be going after Laurie and her family again without that link.
That is the TV cut which was only filmed to extend it's run time for tv.. John Carpenter still prefers the original 1978 cut.

jamie curtis is 58 and judy greer is 42.

laurie strode is 17 in the first halloween.

does this mean laurie strode had a 1-year-old but we never saw her?

interesting.

very interesting.

Judy will probably be playing a character in her early or mid 30's. This stuff happens all the time in movies.

Top Bottom