• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tschumi

I think i have one or two on my block list, but i forgot about who they are and why they are there... which is, i think, a neat end to their nefarious ways.

If they weren't nuked with the politics board I'd be surprised...

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
There's only two types that end up on my block list

Temp blocks for those people who can't accept they are wrong or that we just have a difference of opinion and they absolutely have to have the last word. They twist themselves into a pretzel to not be wrong, move goalposts and start to claim I posted things that I didn't. So they get a timeout.

Perm blocks for those so far two people that kept tagging me in on posts trying to bait me because they need the attention. It's very obvious and boring and even though I don't ever reply to them they kept trying. Now they can tag me into the void.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I feel bad that I don’t really remember most posters outside of this thread and a few others but my memory is terrible with names anyway.

haxan7

Banned
I just remember avatars TBH.
715511.jpg

Tschumi

Am I crazy or does the noise cancelling on my very well reviewed Sony XM3 and XR3 or whatever noise cancelling wireless earphones and earbuds just pipe in wind buffet? Like, you turn it on for everything to get quiet, but the moment any kind of breeze blows up, or just general walking speed draft, the set sounds like a car with a cracked window on a highway? Lame. It's actually quieter to turn off noise cancelling.

Griffon

Which AstroTurfer? I missed that

I also want to know

The OP from this thread:

It's funny because at the start it takes a few post for people to realize what he really just said.

Last edited:

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
The OP from this thread:

It's funny because at the start it takes a few post for people to realize what he really just said.
I remember seeing this at the time and doubt they were actually paid by anybody to be here. Another weirdo pretending to be part of the industry, even if just as a shill.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The OP from this thread:

It's kind of funny seeing the posts making fun of the OP coming from other fanboys who got themselves banned later.

Thaedolus

Those are the worst. Like when your boss tells you to stop by the office when you have a minute.
Well it turns out I'd rather a family member pass on than try to troubleshoot my mom's computer issues when she just rebooted it and she said it's gonna take a while because it's doing updates since it's been months since she turned it on...

So I texted her instructions for ipconfig /dnsflush and told her to call me in the morning. I'm taking my kid up to their place Friday anyway so I can look at it then.

Star-Lord

It's not endemic, but people do pop up every now and again and allude to being insiders/having insider info, and it's typically complete bullshit.
What do they think they’re going to gain from doing that? Surely they know that in this day and age, they will be Googled and found out within minutes of making whatever bullshit claim they’ve made. If this was the late 90s or early 00s, I can kind of understand as it was a bit harder to be uncovered, but now it’s nigh on impossible. Idiots.

nush

Gold Member
Mom texts me: do you have time to talk?

Oh god, is dad dead? My sister? Is she gonna ask me if I’m gay again?

So I call

Mom: I’m getting an error message on my laptop about DNS something…

😬🔫

My mum did that to me recently, "Can you give me a call I've got something important to tell you"

Important, some junk mail from a company that was just fishing to get back a lapsed customer.

That still not as bad as a wife/girlfriend saying "we need to talk". That's the worst.

nush

Gold Member
It's kind of funny seeing the posts making fun of the OP coming from other fanboys who got themselves banned later.

The Sadia shill was funny, he only posted about two topics, Final Fantasy whatever the newest one was and Stadia. Then there was another one that made short nonsensical posts just to look like he was a real gaffer and then basically press releases.

haxan7

Banned
This would be the second time in my entire life, but you never know! (The first time was when I told her I was pro-gay marriage, and as a hardcore Mormon she just couldn't understand why unless I wanted some sweet cock too or something)
I'm genuinely surprised neither of my parents ever asked me if I'm gay.

Ionian

Was sitting down with my family after coming home from work and told my mother I had something to tell her.

"I'm gay", she looked shocked but disturbingly unsurprised.

When I laughed and said I was only joking she was furious. That freaked me out more than her, that she believed me. The initial expression on her face was 'I knew it!". I had had plenty of prior girlfriends so really shot myself in the foot with that one. Ended up offending myself but my family had a laugh about it at least.

Was just a dumb flippant comment meant to shock her but the joke was on me. Very funny how it played out looking back on it now and how I managed to not shock her but annoy myself, I was some idiot. Maybe she always wanted a gay son but unlucky for her.

Star-Lord

Coming out to my dad was a weird experience. It was after I lost my mom, when it dawned on me she died not knowing my sexuality. But when I sat down and told my dad, he said he’d known all along and, whether I liked meat or fish, as long as I’m happy, he’s happy for me. He died not knowing that neither meat nor fish interest me.

Last edited:

Star-Lord

When my dad came out I was just like duh, obviously. I don't know why there are gays out there that think it's something they hide really well.
I mean, I thought I did a pretty good job of hiding it. I had a very strict upbringing and was always out off coming out after some very homophobic comments were made whenever a gay scene was on TV. But, apparently, it was not as well hidden as I thought, despite all the interests in ‘manly’ hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom