• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
4 year Gaffiversary.

Happy Birthday GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Never watched it. Hollywood distorts and changes everything! I had art history for more than 3 years so watching tv shows with actors using wrong armor/weapons and clothes that didn’t exist in that time period just makes me wanna cry at all those years I had to learn the difference between Anglo-saxon art etc.

The only tv show to date that I watched and was very accurate was Rome!
You mean a black woman wasn't a viking king?
DBjX7dN.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some of us talked about that viking thing above in a different thread months ago. I forget where it was. I dont know anything about viking history so I had to google what it was all about.

Historically, the viking king dude has a certain name (which I forget). But then when articles were discussed why the black woman has a the same name, the show writers said something like she's the new king but so happens we gave her the same name. So she's not a replacement playing the same old man character, but a different character named idenitically. Some kind of dumb answer like that.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Some of us talked about that viking thing above in a different thread months ago. I forget where it was. I dont know anything about viking history so I had to google what it was all about.

Historically, the viking king dude has a certain name (which I forget). But then when articles were discussed why the black woman has a the same name, the show writers said something like she's the new king but so happens we gave her the same name. So she's not a replacement playing the same old man character, but a different character named idenitically. Some kind of dumb answer like that.
I have so many questions…

How did a black woman got there???? you know what! Screw that, it’s like that tv show about Catherine the great of Russia with black characters on it… but no other ethnic groups that actually belong there in Russia!

I give up!
I think I should send Hollywood scripts of actually history! How in the 1480 a Nanban queen - in Africa, had Portuguese mercenaries and her service!

I bet that story would make Americans really happy!

Zeroing

Banned
Btw funny story/interesting one. A few years ago the local university made a program/study about the genetic diversity in Madeira island - where I was born. Because you know inbreeding.

Good news is we have a really big and diverse genetic pool from all over the world!
We Portuguese like to make babies or we just sluts I dunno!

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I liked Coal Chamber back in the day (you had to be there lol) but this video is fuck awful. Somehow I've never seen it until today. Youtube decided to remind me about nu-metal.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I finally got a contractor to give a timeframe to come out and provide a quote on a roof fix. It’s a huge relief as the last storm that rolled through found a way to get a ton of water in the roof. We’re going to go HAM on additional rain proofing this week.

Talking to some friends, our insurance provider is a hell of a lot easier to work with than others. One family has most of their farm leveled and insurance is fighting to pay much of anything that can’t be repaired.

Zeroing

Banned
Update: he made it sound like he decided to leave in his email to me last week but today my CEO made it clear he was told he was leaving 🤷‍♀️

The giant project I alluded to a couple weeks ago looks more and more like it’s happening, so I’m feeling very well positioned at the moment 😬
I hope you get it, I will bring the strippers and the coke.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The year before I moved to the PNW, my wife and I had our apartment struck by three different tornadoes. We were like "Fuck it, we're moving".

Hope you're staying safe.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
The year before I moved to the PNW, my wife and I had our apartment struck by three different tornadoes. We were like "Fuck it, we're moving".

Hope you're staying safe.
Damn! Yes we’re good here. Taking tomorrow to fix the roof so hopefully all is back to normal soon. PNW is one of my favorite locations. Anywhere near Olympic National Park is perfect.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Possible scam goal scored in Oilers/Avs game now. 2-2 and Avs scored to make it 3-2. Oilers challenged saying offside, and the video replay showed an Avs player offside by a foot. The most obvious offside goal I've ever seen.

Goal still allowed.

The possible reasoning is Makar didn't have control of the puck going into the zone so I guess that's allowed for the puck carrier. It looked like he had control even though the puck was slightly bouncing off his stick going into the zone.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Possible scam goal scored in Oilers/Avs game now. 2-2 and Avs scored to make it 3-2. Oilers challenged saying offside, and the video replay showed an Avs player offside by a foot. The most obvious offside goal I've ever seen.

Goal still allowed.

The possible reasoning is Makar didn't have control of the puck going into the zone so I guess that's allowed for the puck carrier. It looked like he had control even though the puck was slightly bouncing off his stick going into the zone.

Thaedolus

The longest number I kept is my current one, will be two years next month.
We got one of the Nokia phones with Snake (…the game…) on it which could do T9 and shit, because I got my driver’s license. Originally my mom and I were going to share it but it just became mine, and I’ve kept the number ever since. I didn’t actually know how to text until I went to college and a girl I liked was flabbergasted I didn’t know how.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
We got one of the Nokia phones with Snake (…the game…) on it which could do T9 and shit, because I got my driver’s license. Originally my mom and I were going to share it but it just became mine, and I’ve kept the number ever since. I didn’t actually know how to text until I went to college and a girl I liked was flabbergasted I didn’t know how.
I change mine often because of security reasons. I also moved so needed to change.

Last edited:
Top Bottom