• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaedolus

I’m 5’10 165 lbs
He-Man Laugh GIF by Masters Of The Universe

Peggies

Gold Member
Peggies Peggies a Celtic name is the right choice. Can't recommended any as I have the best already. (my own).

Hoenstly though Celtic names are amazing. My first will be called Fionn.
You know what, I actually love Kevin or Killian (both wonderful Irish names) but unfortunately occupied by trash in German speaking countries.

Ionian

You know what, I actually love Kevin or Killian (both wonderful Irish names) but unfortunately occupied by trash in German speaking countries.

I'd pick Killian, standard cool name here. Kevin, thats too UK.

Killian is celtic. Was a mythic warrior. Fionn MC cool.

haxan7

Banned
What about Brian Boru or Michael Collins.

OR Beowulf :messenger_face_screaming: . That would be cool!
Old English names (from the Beowulf era) actually seem pretty cool imo:

I've always been a fan of that era.

Also Old English is closer to German than English so seems like it would be appropriate for someone born in a German speaking country.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I'd call my kid Super Mario Sonic Optimus Prime Megatron Pikachu III.
You laugh but my wife picked both first names of our kids, so I said I get whatever middle names I wanted and…one’s from a video game and one’s from Star Wars… the older one is old enough to know who it is now and loves it.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
"Network Development Engineer" - it's a typical network engineering job, but they're offering me a senior position, so I'd be overseeing junior engineers. They also want me to move to Seattle (or close enough to commute), which sounds fun - I always enjoyed the PNW. If they can reach my salary requirements I may just do it.
Isn't that the DMZ BLM area of America? Really? Congrats on the offer but that is not a great area to live in.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Isn't that the DMZ BLM area of America? Really? Congrats on the offer but that is not a great area to live in.

I don't know about any of that, but the area is wonderful nature wise, and there's tons of culture and things to do in the city. It's a great place, I've visited several times for business and pleasure.

haxan7

Banned
Portland is another city with a homelessness crisis. Tent cities everywhere. The rich people just step over them and their poop. Badburger will be fine.

So…the Wednesday shooting in Oklahoma thread is already locked. I think that’s sad. It means we can’t have a constructive discussion about about anything having to do with real life. Sorry to interrupt your phallus talk, I just needed to vent.

Zeroing

Banned
So…the Wednesday shooting in Oklahoma thread is already locked. I think that’s sad. It means we can’t have a constructive discussion about about anything having to do with real life. Sorry to interrupt your phallus talk, I just needed to vent.
The problem is people who turn everything into politics. This is a social issue. I am not American so I have the privilege to see it from another perspective but I do not meddle in other countries and their people's choices.

Quite frankly USA is huge (geographically) and historically it was build on different "zones" with different laws etc. Quite difficult to reach a consensus. But my take is, the gun issue should had been discussed long time ago. Teaching kids how to protect themselves in case of a gunshot is not the solution.

I can talk about my country Portugal, I've seem some viral ticktocks of Americans who came to life here, crying from happiness because they feel their kids were protected in schools here. It was heartbreaking.

Thanks for your perspective. I just find it frustrating that it’s Pride month, Florida is going to stop medicaid payments for gender-affirming treatment for trans people, and we can’t even talk about it because it’ll devolve into a political discussion.

I mean, SCOTUS just partially ruled on a Texas law that directly affects GAF (whether online platforms can ban people for violating the TOS), and there’s not even a thread.

Zeroing

Banned
Thanks for your perspective. I just find it frustrating that it’s Pride month, Florida is going to stop medicaid payments for gender-affirming treatment for trans people, and we can’t even talk about it because it’ll devolve into a political discussion.

I mean, SCOTUS just partially ruled on a Texas law that directly affects GAF (whether online platforms can ban people for violating the TOS), and there’s not even a thread.
I have no idea what a SCOTUS or TOS is... I have no idea how Americans still are not complaining about free healthcare - it is a human basic right.

I am so happy I came back to my little country... our biggest issue here is, we want to help Germany with gas but they do not want it because it would put too much economical "power" in our country lol.

Sorry for using US-specific terms.

“SCOTUS” = Supreme Court Of The United States

“TOS” = Terms of Service, which is the set of rules you have to follow to avoid a ban on sites like NeoGAF, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Zeroing

Banned
Sorry for using US-specific terms.

“SCOTUS” = Supreme Court Of The United States

“TOS” = Terms of Service, which is the set of rules you have to follow to avoid a ban on sites like NeoGAF, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
That sounds messy. Not even the European Union is that messy... talking about that, doesn't in America exists means where you can do a formal complain that then goes to the highest rank that supervise everything?

nush

Gold Member
So…the Wednesday shooting in Oklahoma thread is already locked. I think that’s sad. It means we can’t have a constructive discussion about about anything having to do with real life.

There is no constructive discussion to be had. It always devolves into the same talking points and we know that because there are so many mass shootings. Next shooting will be in less than two weeks.

There is no constructive discussion to be had. It always devolves into the same talking points and we know that because there are so many mass shootings. Next shooting will be in less than two weeks.

You have become completely desensitized to unnecessary and preventable death. You’re essentially saying that nothing can be done about mass shootings of children and we shouldn’t even bother trying.

Regarding the Texas law on banning memberd of a platform for political speech, it’s a thorny issue, but if it goes one way, NeoGAF basically can’t ban anyone unless they break the law. And that’s not even a discussion worth having, apparently.

nush

Gold Member
You have become completely desensitized to unnecessary and preventable death. You’re essentially saying that nothing can be done about mass shootings of children and we shouldn’t even bother trying.

Regarding the Texas law on banning memberd of a platform for political speech, it’s a thorny issue, but if it goes one way, NeoGAF basically can’t ban anyone unless they break the law. And that’s not even a discussion worth having, apparently.

I'm not American, so save your projections for Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom