• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

badblue

Gold Member
I thought this thread was for hot hamster action.

photofunky.gif

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
If the purpose of the thread is to discuss bans, isn’t it a good thing it’s slow?

The only interesting one to me was daveonezero but honestly who wants to go to a website about video games and discuss human trafficking:
hidlUzi.jpg

Internet activism/posturing is the dumbest concept created in our digital age.
Good point, but I think the original intent of the thread was to discuss things related to any interesting happenings on gaf, not just bans.

Like I said before, though, that ship might have already sailed along time ago. (Pun intended)

But maybe this thread can reclaim it's former glory if we can get in some new life blood.

Old people in here talking about their mundane lives is unfortunately what this thread has become. I don't know how it happened, but it happened.

Btw, I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing; it is what it is.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
If the purpose of the thread is to discuss bans, isn’t it a good thing it’s slow?

The only interesting one to me was daveonezero but honestly who wants to go to a website about video games and discuss human trafficking:
hidlUzi.jpg

Internet activism/posturing is the dumbest concept created in our digital age.
In the thread he said it was "not a good look" that the Sound of Freedom thread got locked, basically that his new thread needed to stay open or else GAF must be on the side of human trafficking.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
In the thread he said it was "not a good look" that the Sound of Freedom thread got locked, basically that his new thread needed to stay open or else GAF must be on the side of human trafficking.

I'm baffled he even made the thread in the first place. I don't understand why someone would come to gaf to get on a moral soapbox. If someone is genuinely concerned about human trafficking, there are actual resources and groups they can help.

Posting moral outrage bait on a gaming forum is just public masturbation.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member

“Eat this pile of shit or you’re on the side of human trafficking.”
“????”
“I knew it, he’s pedo!!!”

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I don’t think there’s a ban I’ve ever actually been upset with. Or worried enough that I want details. I just like talking shop.

A major part of the appeal of the forum is stricter moderation. Gaf has had that reputation prior to me joining and was part of the reason I joined in the first place.

There’s a good balance here with posters. Lots of insightful posters and lots of hilarious posters. I love that. It is my most visited website by some margin.

Peggies

Gold Member
To be honest, I always thought we were just talking about each other's problems and feelings, kinda like the Brady Bunch but with dick jokes.

brady bunch GIF

I never watched it though. Maybe they had dick jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom