• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Gold Member
The ban list is flying this week.

xusGJ2B.gif
It’s the new member salmon run.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
AV AV you are one patient Artist.

I've always wanted to mess with Whatsapp & text scammers but all I can manage is "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCK CUNT" or "I wish cancer on someone you love" before blocking them.

Back when we only had landline phones you reminded me during election time when every party would just harass everyone constantly.

One time I answered and when the kind lady said "Can we count on your vote?" I just went on a screaming rant how I lost both my hands in a tragic gardening accident and couldn't hold a pencil.

I kept her on the line for a good 20 minutes. She obviously felt bad about my situation until I asked her if she could come to my place to wipe my ass after I took a dump. She hung up 😄

Tedditalk

Good point, but I think the original intent of the thread was to discuss things related to any interesting happenings on gaf, not just bans.

Like I said before, though, that ship might have already sailed along time ago. (Pun intended)

But maybe this thread can reclaim it's former glory if we can get in some new life blood.

Old people in here talking about their mundane lives is unfortunately what this thread has become. I don't know how it happened, but it happened.

Btw, I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing; it is what it is.

Having been here awhile, it just really slow. Alot of the younger crowd is just looking for faster places where there is alot of activity, so they are either in discord, Twitter, or some discussion place I have not found it. I contribute here when it is relevant for me too, but I really want to Vc. It does not help that the discord is also dead.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Sad to hear about notmyproblem & 01011001...
How do you find out about bans? Is it like me by coincidence when browsing posts?

I did a search and found nothing, except for a ban thread that was removed a while back.

I feel like a confused old uncle who doesn't understand the TV remote.

It's a bit morbid yet information I would like to know.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sad to hear about notmyproblem & 01011001...
How do you find out about bans? Is it like me by coincidence when browsing posts?

I did a search and found nothing, except for a ban thread that was removed a while back.

I feel like a confused old uncle who doesn't understand the TV remote.

It's a bit morbid yet information I would like to know.

Bottom-right of your screen.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
-get a doorbell cam because reasons
-double check my doorbell transformer situation to make sure it meets requirements for wired setup
-transformer labeling and subsequent verification with my multimeter show it meets the specs in the doorbell cam labeling
-install doorbell cam, works, but the doorbell chime inside won’t chime
-Reddit says yeah even if it meets the spec buy this higher spec’d one
-do that, install, works

I love how companies just don’t give a shit any more.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Got a bunch of family and work stuff starting now (as in this moment), probably won't be able to do much more than occasionally browse GAF on the phone once in a while for a month. I hope no one dies in the meantime, and that all of the best things in life happen to you all. Well maybe not all of you but most of you :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Got a bunch of family and work stuff starting now (as in this moment), probably won't be able to do much more than occasionally browse GAF on the phone once in a while for a month. I hope no one dies in the meantime, and that all of the best things in life happen to you all. Well maybe not all of you but most of you :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Godspeed burgerbuddy. We'll hold the fort down until your return.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
My wife’s cousin’s husband’s psycho ex wife had some sort of episode, so I had to pick up my wife’s cousin’s step son from her apartment and bring him over until my wife’s cousin can drive the 4 hours from their place up to get him.

He’s 11 and totally shreds on guitar. Like, prodigy shit. Just wants to play metal, which is the style of drums I play best. So we’ve been jamming since he got here.

So I set up his Xbox and he types in to his friend “I’m at my cool uncle’s house.”

That’s right. Not even related to the kid and I’m the cool uncle 😎

Peggies

Gold Member
My wife’s cousin’s husband’s psycho ex wife had some sort of episode, so I had to pick up my wife’s cousin’s step son from her apartment and bring him over until my wife’s cousin can drive the 4 hours from their place up to get him.

He’s 11 and totally shreds on guitar. Like, prodigy shit. Just wants to play metal, which is the style of drums I play best. So we’ve been jamming since he got here.

So I set up his Xbox and he types in to his friend “I’m at my cool uncle’s house.”

That’s right. Not even related to the kid and I’m the cool uncle 😎
I wish I had a cool uncle!
My only uncle left moved to Australia years ago and turned into a weirdo who keeps ranting about "those fucking immigrants" in his funny Austrian accent. Even after 20 years living there he sounds like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his early years.

Tedditalk

The most entertaining page on the site by some accounts!

Was checking people last messages to see what got them taken out it, and it really does not take much at all it seems. Looks like minor infractions and very light trolling over time is all it takes.

Kilau

Gold Member
Was checking people last messages to see what got them taken out it, and it really does not take much at all it seems. Looks like minor infractions and very light trolling over time is all it takes.
Outright trolling is never going to be allowed but light hearted tongue in cheek trolling can be earned. If I ever earn the right I’ll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom