• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon character select screen

S-Wind

Did a search and couldn't find a thread about this.

731_CharacterSelect.jpg

I thought they said the character select grid was so big it needed to be rotated? Looks like they managed to get everyone to fit afterall.

Top row: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Rain, Ermac, Chameleon?, Noob Saibot, Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor.
2nd row: Stryker, Kabal, Dairou, Jarek, Darrius, Reiko, Fujin, Bo Rai Cho, Mavado, Hotaru.
3rd row: Nightwolf, Mokap, Johnny Cage, Kano, Jax, Kai, Kenshi, Shujinko, Hsu Hao, Kobra.
4th row: KaK Red (Kreated), Daegon (Locked), Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shinnok, Raiden, Taven (Locked), KaK Blue (Kreated).
5th row: Sonya, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Ashrah, Li Mei.
6th row: Tanya, Frost, Sindel, Nitara, Kira, Sareena.
7th row: Sheeva, Baraka, Motaro, Havik, Drahmin, Moloch.
Bottom row: Meat(Locked), Shao Kahn, Goro, Kintaro, Onaga, Blaze (Locked).

I hate Sektor's new look! Much of the cold badass that was inherent in his original design is gone!

MoKap doesn't deserve to be in that location. The only good thing I can think of regarding Stryker's return is that I now get to customize how I will brutally and excruciatingly painfully finish him off.

Why the hell are they using Chameleon (Male) and not Khameleon (female)?! Khameleon had a more fleshed out storyline while Chameleon didn't even get a real ending!

Is it just me or are they using older crappier looking models for Scorpion and Sub-Zero? Reptile is in his MK: Shaolin Monks form, I wonder if there will be an explantion for that.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why does Liu Kang look like he just came from shooting Thriller?

Zeenbor

I used to be the biggest Mortal Kombat fan, but what the **** is this shit? Horrible art. I hope Midway goes back to digitized characters with next-gen tech for the next MK.

Zeenbor said:
I used to be the biggest Mortal Kombat fan, but what the **** is this shit? Horrible art. I hope Midway goes back to digitized characters with next-gen tech for the next MK.
With Next Gen Xbox 360, and PS3? Both 3D powerhouses!?

I have one thing to do: :lol
S-Wind said:
I thought they said the character select grid was so big it needed to be rotated? Looks like they managed to get everyone to fit afterall.
The E3 demo did have rotatable grid. I guess they want to go back to old-school character select.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
dark_chris said:
Cause he is dead. lol

What the hell? I guess I need to brush up on my MK mythologies... (and not that shit game either) Does anyone know of a site where I can watch the endings from the past couple MK games? I havent liked the series much since it went 3D, but I'd love to catch up on the story.

Favre4435 said:
What the hell? I guess I need to brush up on my MK mythologies... (and not that shit game either) Does anyone know of a site where I can watch the endings from the past couple MK games? I havent liked the series much since it went 3D, but I'd love to catch up on the story.
Scroll up, I said what happened.
momolicious said:
what is hte best MK 3d fighter for 2 players vs?
Mortal Kombat Deception, at this point, but from what I played at E3 this year, Armageddon is looking like the best one in the series, next to UMK3, and MKII..

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
CarlosX360 said:
With Next Gen Xbox 360, and PS3? Both 3D powerhouses!?

I have one thing to do: :lol

They could do it in 3D but change the art style to make it look more realistic (map faces onto the characters like the wrestling games do, etc).

Mr Jared

I got tricked twice into getting a 3-D Mortal Kombat fighter (Shaolin Monks, however, was awesome) and even though the Mortal Kombat fanboy in me gave a little twitch, I'll be skipping this.

Doesn't mean I don't want to play it :(

stryker.jpg

S-Wind

Favre4435 said:
You can see Liu Kang die in the intro of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

rod said:
no robot smoke=FTL :(:(:(
*AHEM* Top row, 3rd from the left.

rod

Banned
so we have robot smoke but no human?

that looks like HUMAN smoke to me...robot smoke looks like cyrax/sektor but grey

Mr Jared

Hunter D said:
This game will blow like every other 3d MK.

All they have to do -- ALL THEY HAVE TO DO. . Is speed it up. I can stand the lame fighting stance switching. I can stand the dial-a-combos. Hell, I'll even tolerate how special moves are pretty much worthless.

But the game itself is so unbelievably clunky and slow. Going from MKT or even MK4, it's ridiculous how much they slowed the pace of the game down. Mortal Kombat is a series where I don't care if it's balanced or not. Hell, MKT proved that the game is better when it's completely void of proper game balance.

Just make it fun. . And when your fighting game feels like it's underwater, it's not fun :(

rod said:

that looks like HUMAN smoke to me...robot smoke looks like cyrax/sektor but grey
If you played Deception, you will know that robot and human smoke fight alongside each other. Think of it like MvsC2.
alkaline black said:
All they have to do -- ALL THEY HAVE TO DO. . Is speed it up. I can stand the lame fighting stance switching. I can stand the dial-a-combos. Hell, I'll even tolerate how special moves are pretty much worthless.
It IS quicker. There's even air combos.
But the game itself is so unbelievably clunky and slow. Going from MKT or even MK4, it's ridiculous how much they slowed the pace of the game down. Mortal Kombat is a series where I don't care if it's balanced or not. Hell, MKT proved that the game is better when it's completely void of proper game balance.
Again, this will be the best MK you've played since MKII or UMK3 or Trilogy.
Just make it fun. . And when your fighting game feels like it's underwater, it's not fun :(
It is fun. Responsive controls + tons of pitfalls + Custom FATALITIES + more = Best MK yet.

Hunter D

alkaline black said:

What about the broken characters?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys, Youtube rocks! Wow, I am out of the MK loop. A little ironic considering my avatar.

Mr Jared

Hunter D said:
What about the broken characters?

You mean like NOOB-SMOKE!? WHOO!

Seriously though, the more broken Mortal Kombat is the better it gets. I think its pretty much the only series that defies this sort of logic.

*Looks over the character select again*

Oh man. What did they do to Tanya? :lol

S-Wind

rod said:
That looks NOTHING like human Smoke (who's just a palette-swapped Sub-Zero/Scorpion).

If you played Mortal Kombat Deception, you would know that robot Smoke had his body reconstructed with nanotechnology.

CarlosX360 said:
If you played Deception, you will know that Noob Saibot and human smoke fight alongside each other. Think of it like MvsC2.

FIXED!

Mr Jared

CarlosX360 said:
Again, this will be the best MK you've played since MKII or UMK3 or Trilogy.

Thats what everyone said about Deception and it was just as horrible as Deadly Alliance. I'll believe it when I play it.

Custom fighters? Custom fatalities?

This sounds dull and bland. Having 60 characters, with custom characters and fatalities means very little move variety between fighters and...are we not even doing character-specific fatalities in this installment? Yeah...pass.

S-Wind

koam said:
What's with the shitty graphics? This isn't next gen i hope.
Not next-gen.

It's the last Mortal Kombat game of the current generation. It's an every-playable-character-that-ever-appeared free for all.

They want to leave this generation with a bang and get somewhat of a "fresh start" in the next generation.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
echoshifting said:
Custom fighters? Custom fatalities?

This sounds dull and bland. Having 60 characters, with custom characters and fatalities means very little move variety between fighters and...are we not even doing character-specific fatalities in this installment? Yeah...pass.

my fears exacly. someone post a youtube link to prove me wrong and generate +1 sales for this game.

rod

Banned
S-Wind said:
That looks NOTHING like human Smoke (who's just a palette-swapped Sub-Zero/Scorpion).

If you played Mortal Kombat Deception, you would know that robot Smoke had his body reconstructed with nanotechnology.

FIXED!

dude i dont care/read the story. all i know is that the DP of smoke in that screen looks closer to HUMAN than ROBOT. i wouldnt have a ****ing clue whos undead or whos sleeping with who and who got reconstructed.

momolicious said:
did the 3d mortal kombats sell well
Does 1 million units for Deadly Alliance, and most likely close to 2 million for Deception. And below 1 million for Shaolin Monks go like "whoa"?

CO_Andy said:
What's wrong with American game design? God of War almost looks no different.
Unfortunately, GAF thinks everything looks shitty, unless you count Haze, Gears of War, and others.

echoshifting said:
Is that a joke?

Kratos begs to differ.

ONCE AGAIN.......

SCREENS OF MKA DO NOT DO THE GAME JUSTICE!

Shit.
Hydro_Alexis said:
Who the **** are half these people? and zombie liu kang haha funny.
Go rent Deadly Alliance, and Deception, then you can comment.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
This game looks fun. I haven't played a Mortal Kombat since UMK3 so I might be picking this one up if it's good.

Top Bottom