• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k6, errr, NBA2K7 screenshots. Konex approved.

EekTheKat

IMHO the skins were okay in NBA 2k6, but the player models desperately needs more polys (especially in the face area).

Low poly player models with realistic looking skin makes NBA2k6 look downright freaky sometimes.

That and only a handful of players look really good in this game, a lot of others look like they were thrown together quickly by an intern during their lunch hour.

Gameplaywise though, I loved this game :lol My 360 is like an NBA 2k6 dedicated box since December.

KillJade said:
where the fuck is the "Next-Gen"??? Jesus man. I'm sick of this shit....

This game looks great, what do you guys want? Really, list what you want to see in a next gen sports game screen shot. Don't say better animation, better AI, you can't tell those things from a screen shot. The people on this forum that have actually played 2K6 will agree with me. Yes there are some areas that need work, but to completely trash the game is ignorant.

Serious NeoGAF gets on my nerves sometimes with this, "Cool someone made a joke about how bad this game looks, lets all join in" form your own opinion.

Also what's with all the post by people that clearly will never play a sports game in their life? Stop coming into these threads and complaining, you were never going to play the game anyway.

End rant.

Ramirez said:
Shhh,don't comment on the jersey's,you'll get killed! :lol

Anyone remember that Lebron 2K demo that was shown when the 360 was first shown?How come no one ever brings that up like they do Madden?Hmm...I wonder...:lol

Stop trying so hard to get into EA's jock strap. They look similar.

2k E3 demo
nba-2k6-20050517084549307.jpg

NBA2K6 for 360
nba-2k6-20051104034332009.jpg

Taken off of a HDTV screen
img15858vp.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The only thing needed to really add that aesthetic polish to NBA2K6 was to model the players and their faces more accurately. Everything else was on point IMO.

They didn't get the memo apparently.

KillJade

Banned
sportzhead said:
This game looks great, what do you guys want? Really, list what you want to see in a next gen sports game screen shot. Don't say better animation, better AI, you can't tell those things from a screen shot. The people on this forum that have actually played 2K6 will agree with me. Yes there are some areas that need work, but to completely trash the game is ignorant.

Serious NeoGAF gets on my nerves sometimes with this, "Cool someone made a joke about how bad this game looks, lets all join in" form your own opinion.

Also what's with all the post by people that clearly will never play a sports game in their life? Stop coming into these threads and complaining, you were never going to play the game anyway.

End rant.

yea ok.

KillJade said:

Great reply. If you disagree so much answer the question. And going by your post history you are either waiting for the PS3 to start your next gen gushing, or you need to hang it up, because you seem to not like anything next gen.

Let's see you think these games look bad:
Madden 07
NCAA Football 07
NBA2K7
Moto GP

Shinobi

Ramirez said:
Anyone remember that Lebron 2K demo that was shown when the 360 was first shown?How come no one ever brings that up like they do Madden?Hmm...I wonder...:lol

Because unlike the abysmal Madden 360, NBA2K still looked good. :lol

sportzhead said:

End rant.

applause.jpg

BTW, there's a simplier term for the people described in the second paragraph...

250px-Flock_of_sheep.jpg

KillJade

Banned
sportzhead said:
Great reply. If you disagree so much answer the question. And going by your post history you are either waiting for the PS3 to start your next gen gushing, or you need to hang it up, because you seem to not like anything next gen.

Let's see you think these games look bad:
Madden 07
NCAA Football 07
NBA2K7
Moto GP

that's because they all look bad.except for MotoGP. i dont acre what you say man. but i expect an actually increase in graphics from 1st to 2nd gen. those games look exactly the same as last. so while you may be happy with that i aint. and yes im waiting on the PS3 but my 360 should tie me over till then. thanksbye....

Foil

DaCocoBrova said:
The only thing needed to really add that aesthetic polish to NBA2K6 was to model the players and their faces more accurately. Everything else was on point IMO.

They didn't get the memo apparently.

That and totally redoing the crowd, coaches, arenas, street courts, street court weather effects, player hair, refs, and sideline people. Other than that though, NBA 2K6 on 360 looked great. :D

Ramirez

Because unlike the abysmal Madden 360, NBA2K still looked good.

?

Madden 360 was/is one of the best LOOKING games out there...gameplay...no,but that wasn't the point!

The Lebron teaser blew this shit out of the water,instead they ended up with players who wore water bed jerseys and had a milky sheen on them at all times and very poor likenesses.

It ain't easy pointing out Gaffer bullshit!

Oh I missed your post Sportzhead,they weren't even close on the animation level,pass the goggles please.It has nothing to do with "getting into EA's jockstrap",it's just simply a truth that I pointed out.

Keep clinging to your "ZOMG EA Apologist,lollollol" theory though.

KillJade said:
that's because they all look bad.except for MotoGP. i dont acre what you say man. but i expect an actually increase in graphics from 1st to 2nd gen. those games look exactly the same as last. so while you may be happy with that i aint. and yes im waiting on the PS3 but my 360 should tie me over till then. thanksbye....

Cool, we can agree to disagree. I know I will be enjoying various games this year on the 360. I think to many on this forum are putting to much stock into the PS3 being the end all be all game system. I hope the thing will deliver and cost something sane, but I don't see that happening. We will see next week.

KillJade

Banned
this has nothing to do with the PS3. it has to do will next-gen as one. atleast that's what im talking bout. ill complain if i dont think the PS3 is up to what i believe it should be. granted i think NBA 2k7 looks great but come on dude, it looks the same as lasts. 2nd gen is supposed to look better. but whatever. if your happy with what they give you then more power.:)

Ramirez said:
?

Madden 360 was/is one of the best LOOKING games out there...gameplay...no,but that wasn't the point!

The Lebron teaser blew this shit out of the water,instead they ended up with players who wore water bed jerseys and had a milky sheen on them at all times and very poor likenesses.

Oh I missed your post Sportzhead,they weren't even close on the animation level,pass the goggles please.It has nothing to do with "getting into EA's jockstrap",it's just simply a truth that I pointed out.

Correct, the animations weren't even close. But I said they look similar, not move the same. I didn't say 2k6 look better. Madden looks great, but comes nowhere close to that CG trailer. And for the record, I can care less about target renders, I think both games look great, I just don't think NBA2k6's target render was as bad a lie as was Madden's.

"Keep clinging to your "ZOMG EA Apologist,lollollol" theory though."

Your comments after Nba Live 360 came out were priceless. That game is terrible, and it hurts me to say that because I have been a Live fan since the beginning, Live 95.

KillJade said:
this has nothing to do with the PS3. it has to do will next-gen as one. atleast that's what im talking bout. ill complain if i dont think the PS3 is up to what i believe it should be. granted i think NBA 2k7 looks great but come on dude, it looks the same as lasts. 2nd gen is supposed to look better. but whatever. if your happy with what they give you then more power.:)

I get what your saying, and yes I agree. But until I see these things move I will not pass judgement. If Madden, NBA2K7, NCAA all look identical to their former self's after I see videos of them next week hell yeah I'll be pissed.

Shinobi

Ramirez said:
?

The Lebron demo was one player on a court with no crowd...no fucking shit it looked better. The Madden teaser was going to be improved upon if you believed some of the talk out there, and that hardly wound up happening. Plus it's 30fps, which means it's SHIT. Even NFL2K on the fucking DC was 60fps. :lol

And where did I mention anything about you being an EA boy anyway? I didn't even mention them, or say anything about your defensive ass. For a guy who likes to think he's impartial, you sure like to get your back up for no fucking reason. :lol

But hey, keep playing the EA martyr if that's what gets you through the day, 'cause that act sure hasn't grown old yet!!

X26 said:
So how long till we get an NHL game that actually looks next-gen?

That's what I want to know too. I havent seen EA's version of NHL next gen, but 2k sports NHL "next gen" is a joke. I dont care how much of a sim it is, you cant keep shoving the same graphics down our throats. This is suppose to be Next Gen. REDO THE GAME ENGINE ALREADY!

penguinonapole said:
That's what I want to know too. I havent seen EA's version of NHL next gen, but 2k sports NHL "next gen" is a joke. I dont care how much of a sim it is, you cant keep shoving the same graphics down our throats.

I don't think i'll be buying a next-generation NHL game for the first few years at least. For hockey (and any sport for that matter) it's not just great visuals i'm looking for, but also improved gameplay. No more cheap goalie AI, no more random injuries, no more pucks hitting the post after hitting the invisible wall one foot away from the post - no more of this crap.

Sports titles are by far the most important titles that next generation technology could help improve the most and developers aren't doing squat to exploit it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
sportzhead said:
The games look exactly like last years games.
No kidding. Guess I won't be upgrading to the new versions this year - starting off on 2K6 with new hardware is a valid excuse, but this? Come the fuck on.

is it wrong that i think NBA live is about as good as NBA 2k6? live has a mid game that is useful, and has actual post/paint play that is realistic. still horrible 30fps and a little jumpy in the graphical/features department though.

anyways, nba 2k6 360 looked 95% identical in action (not close up replays) to the xbox version. UPGRADE THE ANIMATIONS! they are average at best

Takuan

That's shameful. I see zero improvement from 2k6. In fact, the player likeness even seems worse than last year's (take a look at LeBron). That's just lazy.

Nearly everybody sounding like fanboys now, E3 time sucks. What you will do is pony up yet again for 60$ instead of 50$ for a yearly update. Let's not get confused on who's the catcher and who's the pitcher in this relationship! Oh yeah, thanks ramirez for the lols. :lol

Closeup shots can only be taken so far, last years were good as well as this years. Now it's about making everything else up to that level, starting with the regular gameplay modes. Outside of working in more frequent closeups, I don't know that'll be done (besides better animation and beefed up poly detail). At least that's what I'm looking for, as it goes for nearly every thread like this...remains to be seen.

Ramirez

You're welcome BlackClouds!We know you'll be first in line for this stellar update :(

And Shinobi,Sportz mentioned the EA thing on me,not you,it's fine learn2read.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Do some of you people seriously think that these games don't look any better than current gen? You've got to be kidding me. No, I don't think these games are blowing anyone away with these screenshots. The models look plastic-y and there's far too much sweat for my tastes. There's some point elbow stuff going on, too. (insert other whining about visuals here)

But uh...it certainly looks, technically, better than current gen. Far better. You could NOT do this stuff on current gen consoles. Period. Games on an Xbox or a PS2 do not look like this. If you expect more, that's one thing, but saying they don't look any different is insane.

I think there's going to be a learning curve with this gen - you can already see it. Some are on their way to mastering it, to making textures in environments or lighting look organic to proper use of skin textures and what not. Seriously, look at the wood textures in Perfect Dark Zero...they're shiny. Say what now?

There's a lot of stuff already on the market that shows us that the next gen is not only on it's way, but most definitely here in a lot of respects.

That said...these shots don't look that much different than their 2k6 counterparts.

ShowDog

I wish they would work on the crowd instead of having a bunch of people sitting around looking at the floor.

maybe they spent the whole budget on Animation and collision detection?

IMO those things are more important then textures and crap.

its funny cause last year most of you haters were like "not real time, cg, teh fake" and now your knocking the graphics :lol :lol . last years was the best basketball game evermade, all they need to do is tweak some things for this years, so quit the fucking bitching and go play NBA JAM errrrr live

2k6 has got the most wows out of people playing my 360 until fight night came out

truffleshuffle83 said:
its funny cause last year most of you haters were like "not real time, cg, teh fake" and now your knocking the graphics :lol :lol . last years was the best basketball game evermade, all they need to do is tweak some things for this years, so quit the fucking bitching and go play NBA JAM errrrr live

2k6 has got the most wows out of people playing my 360 until fight night came out

Bolded section= GAF. Honestly someone dig that thread up from when the screen shots were originally released. I dont get how the game looks "shitty" now when it was "next gen am here" 6 months ago.:lol I'll admit that Im dissapointed that 2k hasnt improved the graphics at all, but I wouldnt call them shitty.

What I'd really like to see is an overhaul with the animations. They were ok on 2k6 but there were far too many stiff transitional animations.

shpankey

not an idiot
glaze.jpg

zee glaze :lol

you see... play NBA 2k7 and get hungry for donuts. it's a secret deal SEGA has with Krispy Kream's to send subliminal msgs. they glaze up all the players to make us all hungry and shit. it's like.... "damn! i just dunked on yo' ass... but now I feel like donuts for some reason. wtf? why is Shaq making me hungry? fuck it, donut time biatch!" :D

KingJ2002

looks good to me... but so far... my main concern with "next gen" games... is that they dont move next gen.

NBA 2K7 looks good... it looks like they upgraded the areas that really needed work... such as the arenas, the fans, etc... the models were fine... and i didnt care for the sweat simulator but it's clear that they are refining the 2K series instead of introducing something completely "innovative" or "gimmicky' to make the next installment seem like it's leaps and bounds better because of that added feature (sweat simulator).

i hope when they show it the animation is fluid and the framerate stays constant... i swear alot of these so called next gen titles would look so much better if the animation took the next step.

TomStrong said:
You people make me laugh. Those are so not in game.

Letter to Elise said:
I have literally hit some sort of visual overload today.

360 is insane in the right hands.

Koshiro said:

jobber said:
*explodes*
Wario64 said:
*masturbates

Aika'svyse said:
Wow I wish my grandmother was alive to see this.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
holy shit

shpankey said:
Good Lord this is just... what the mother fuck? This is possible? I can't believe my eyes... I am just... shocked... in a good way. VC you are fucking talented!

EA, you need to learn how to develop on X360... cause a lot of other developers out there are owning you in the ass on it. ::prays Madden can look close to this::

Can't get over this... wow... this is some crazy graphics!

And other tasty nuggets can be found here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65367&page=2&highlight=nba2k6
haters be damned, this game is so awesome in HD

shpankey

not an idiot
but but, i couldn't believe it because of how the players and donuts were combined like chocolate and peanut butter! it is greatness!

zeee glaze players! ;) it's two great things in one, nba players and sweet sweet sugar glaze. how can this be topped?

you think thats something, the players are drenched in sweat before the game even starts in live...i think next gen is so hard to judge by stills

oh an you like how i quoted you huh :lol

case in point is sportzheads pic...that looks as close to photorealistic as you can pretty much get

shpankey

not an idiot
i think a lot of those early impressions had a lot to do with seeing next-gen games for the first times. pgr3, GRAW, Oblivion, etc. have now made it a lot less impressive than at first glance.

plus, you'll note in almost every other thread created other than that initial one (which was of a video i believe, no?) that i railed and railed on the glazed players look and credited Live for looking as good if not better in game (in relation to the accuracy of colors especially). but the 30fps and hitchyness of Live killed all that.

it looks good though, that can't be denied. just not nearly close to "wow" anymore. and the glazed players has got to fucking go. I actually expect Live to overtake 2k7 in graphics this year, they pretty much had already last year, but at the sacrifice of framerate and smoothness.

truffle, i had the game on xbox and xbox 360. we ran rull seasons in both versions. when the game is in motion (gameplay views!) there is little difference between the games on a standard definition television. i know HD is a step up, but even then the animations were 100% identical to the xbox version.

Top Bottom