• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2k6, errr, NBA2K7 screenshots. Konex approved.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
truffle, i had the game on xbox and xbox 360. we ran rull seasons in both versions. when the game is in motion (gameplay views!) there is little difference between the games on a standard definition television. i know HD is a step up, but even then the animations were 100% identical to the xbox version.

hey i never said the animations couldnt use some work

jax (old)

Banned
Mrbob said:
College Hoops 2K7:

college-hoops-2k7-20060505022458380.jpg

lolz

:lol :lol

shocking but its more to do with how it freeze framed I guess.

shpankey said:
p.s. the colors really do suck. ;)

shpankey said:
Good Lord this is just... what the mother fuck? This is possible? I can't believe my eyes... I am just... shocked... in a good way. VC you are fucking talented!

EA, you need to learn how to develop on X360... cause a lot of other developers out there are owning you in the ass on it. ::prays Madden can look close to this::

Can't get over this... wow... this is some crazy graphics!

tbad colors now huh :lol

shpankey

not an idiot
truffleshuffle83 said:
tbad colors now huh :lol
shpankey said:
i think a lot of those early impressions had a lot to do with seeing next-gen games for the first times. pgr3, GRAW, Oblivion, etc. have now made it a lot less impressive than at first glance.

plus, you'll note in almost every other thread created other than that initial one (which was of a video i believe, no?) that i railed and railed on the glazed players look and credited Live for looking as good if not better in game (in relation to the accuracy of colors especially). but the 30fps and hitchyness of Live killed all that.

it looks good though, that can't be denied. just not nearly close to "wow" anymore. and the glazed players has got to fucking go. I actually expect Live to overtake 2k7 in graphics this year, they pretty much had already last year, but at the sacrifice of framerate and smoothness.

and the colors have always sucked. you might remember me ranting on them in every thread almost ever created, course you skipped by all those posts. including the ones where i did side by side analysis of 2k6, Live 06 and real life that showed how atrocious the innacuracy of the colors are.

not to mention the glaze? i prolly forgot to mention how i hate the glaze. ;) :D

shpankey

not an idiot
up for a game of FIFA WC 06 though truffle? if you play me a game in that, i'll play GRAW with you again. :) though I can only play with the radar and stuff off, you know how I do it.

FMT or DM, wanna do a minny FIFA tourney, round robin style? I could offer up a prize for the winner or sumfin.

Sonki.

Banned
I am very disappointed with how NHL 2k7 looks...

They should just make the game ground up again..

That stupid glaze effect has got to go.

FightyF

Banned
Holy crap. Emphasize the word "crap".

NHL 2K7 looks like ass.

I forgave the odd look of 2K6. They admitted it was a port in a short span of time...

But this...I'm just shocked. I can't believe it to be honest, it has to be some sick joke.

The faces are better, look more "sweaty", and the ice reflections are amazing as well. But man...the whole lighting is way off, and the hacked lighting on the player's socks is still there (lit from one end of the rink, so one side would be super bright and the other side super dark).

As far as NBA goes, I thought last year's version looked pretty good. Player face modelling needed tweaking to look like who they were representing, but the textures, eyes, sweat, all looked excellent. Visually, the only thing that needed work was the crowd, cheerleaders, photographers, as they stuck out like a sore thumb. I was just hoping that this next iteration would focus on animations more than anything.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
truffle, i had the game on xbox and xbox 360. we ran rull seasons in both versions. when the game is in motion (gameplay views!) there is little difference between the games on a standard definition television. i know HD is a step up, but even then the animations were 100% identical to the xbox version.

You are wrong on the animations point. There are actually quite a few new animations in the game. It's just too bad that they aren't common moves so it's rare that you get to see them.

I think 2k6 looks amazing and still plays as good as any basketball game has ever (best game since 2k2 for sure). But if they don't add new animations for this game this year I don't care how many gaffers are in the league I wont be picking it up. I can't justify 3 copies of the same game.

One thing I would like to see in sports games is a playoff mode. There is usually a tournament mode in games but I would like to be able to just pick 16 teams and stage my own playoff match-ups with friends. The only way we have been able to do this lately is to make every team in the league player controlled and then simulating a full season. Drawback is you don't always get the teams that you want in the playoffs.

:lol at the egg Truffle Shuffle just threw on a bunch of faces. :lol

how is that egg on anyones face? the close-ups are incredible, and judging by the e3 preview i THOUGHT the gameplay graphics would also be amazing. but they turned out to be pretty much exactly the same as xbox.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
All I ever saw when Truelize was playing 2k6 360 was Lebron dunk....dunk...dunk...dunk...dunk....dunk

;)

that is all anyone saw because that is what the game will turn into unless you restrain yourself from doing it. you could literally go up-court every possession, drive it in and get a bucket a good majority of the time. how is that good gameplay?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is all anyone saw because that is what the game will turn into unless you restrain yourself from doing it. you could literally go up-court every possession, drive it in and get a bucket a good majority of the time. how is that good gameplay?

no wonder Konex likes it.

From OPSports.

Beluba NBA 2K Designer said:
just fyi... these screenshots are from a very old build. you're basically looking at 2k6 screens. don't worry, guys, we're gonna hook you up this year.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ha ha @ the hate

If you knew how to play D, you could stop people driving to the hole.

and I saw the pics of the latest build. They were up on a website before it was removed.

Ramirez

I just downloaded the College Hoops 2K7 trailer,it looked ok,the crowds/arenas looked awesome.

But why do the players look like glazed doughnuts?I still see animations that were in the CH games from 3 years ago, and the animations overall just looked really stiff with no flow,basically every next gen sports game is looking stupid due to the animations just not flowing at all.I weep.

If you knew how to play D, you could stop people driving to the hole.

oh bullshit. it's not about knowing how to play D. i could score on you at will in the paint if i wanted to, but since we were playing a sim league i took it outside more often. and even if it is about "knowing how to play D", don't you find it strange that you are the only person in the league that "knows how to play D"? don't you think there is something fundamentally wrong when only 1 out of 16 people have a grasp on how to play defense? i remember a game that DM had against konex where konex had 89 points, and something like 75 of them came in the paint! lol i don't care if you have never seen a game of basketball in your life, that is like drew bledsoe running for 53 yards in a single drive when you have told your opponent "hey, btw, see if you can stop drew bledsoe. i'm going to scramble with him on every play". oh wait, that also really happened in another vc game ;)

Top Bottom