• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

We need NCL in this

ibxF6V7iDgQUCA.gif

what NCL ?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I doubt we really see anything unannounced.

I am however wondering just what will be done in time for a Q1 release. If they are gonna show Q2 stuff I figure they would just save that for another direct closer to Q2.

Outside of Bravely Default on the 3ds and Donkey Kong Country on the Wii U I can't think of anything else that would hit in Q1 though. Hmmmmm...

L.O.R.D

New Super 3DS XL
better battery
better 3D Camera ( 2 mp instead of the VGA one )
2 circle pad
more power that can handle the new pokemon game without problem of frame rate drop
480P screen resolution instead on the 240P
Region Free Device

SuperPac

Anyone doing crazy predictions. Let's get nuts people so that when none of this is announced we can uh...wait and hope they'll be announced next time.

• Mario Golf Wii U download game offered free w/3DS version; allows you to play your tournament/league games on the TV. Check tournament play/leaderboards/stats/Miiverse communities on your TV. (Reason it was delayed from late summer last year.)
• Cross-buy package for Smash Bros. on 3DS/Wii U
• Yarn Yoshi is Little Big Planet type creation game
• Virtual Console service introduction for GBA, N64, DS and 3DS games (allowing all to be played via Wii U)
• 3DS remasters coming to Wii U - if games were purchased digitally the Wii U version will be available at a reduced price. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon is one of the first games.
• DS games coming to the 3DS eShop and Miiverse
• Drivatar-like system with Miis for Mario Kart 8, can be loaded onto 3DS and exchanged via StreetPass on the go for more rivals. Customize your Mii's kart on the GamePad. Compete in StreetPass-rival races for bounties (a la Link Between Worlds and Shadow Links)
• Track creator for Mario Kart 8 allows you to create and share new tracks. Also connects to new 3DS MK app for track trading via StreetPass.
• Miiverse smartphone app introduced (not just web app) - includes eShop app so you can purchase games on the go for Wii U
• New GamePad - better battery life, better screen, lighter, support for multi-GamePad Wii U games coming
• Standalone extensions of NintendoLand games - new Mario Chase levels and level creator, new Animal Crossing Sweet Day levels. Existing NintendoLand levels offered for free, paid DLC for new levels and level creator.
• 3DS Pro - thinner than XL, better battery, better screen, sleeker design (still no frankenstick built-in)
• 3DS Player - USB attachment for Wii U that plays 3DS/DS software on your TV
• Pokémon Z - downloadable content for Pokémon X and Y with new areas and badges to get. Being released as DLC and as new cart.

Yeah some of things they might wanna save for a late-January Direct instead. Fiddlesticks.

Iwata opens up direct with a short video introducing the world to Miiverse on the 3DS.
Iwata shows us how people are excited for Super Mario 3d World
Shows off Miiverse comunity full of people using stamps
Iwata then hands it off to Aonuma...

Aonuma tells us how happy he is with the reception of A Link Between Worlds
shows off Ravio and reminds us he has nothing to do with Nabbit.
Explains the intricacies of Hyrule vs. Lo-rule
Back to Iwata

Talks about eshop
3 new Pikmin 3 stages for $2
First Megaton:
SMB 3 to come to the eshop soon.
ALSO! The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past coming soon to the eshop!
Iwata asks "Have you noticed the new music in the eshop?" Talks about that for a minute.

Passed over to Reggie/Shibata
Cranky Kong announced for DKC Tropical Freeze. Date unveiled as well.
Mario Kart 8 trailer from E3 plays once more, Announced for Spring 2014.
Professor Layton and Azran Legacy date revealed.
Wii Fit U packaged version demonstrated
Bill Trinen talks about Bravely Default
Kirby shown off a bit more.

Back to Iwata:
And one more thing:

Wii Sports Club Golf and Baseball shown and demonstrated.

Iwata drops the mic and says "happy holiday bitches."

I win MEGAMILLION's Billions or this happens

Neiteio

A new battery for the GamePad would be great. As it stands I never play it without the AC cable unless I'm passing it around at a Nintendo Land party (and then there inevitably arises the moment where we have to plug it in and the ghost player has to sit by the wall socket).

nikos

My body is ready.

Just picked up a Wii U for the second time and picking up a 3DS for the third time. Keeping them this time.

cafemomo

I bet it's nothing special

3DS segment
>Bravely Second
>DQM2
>reminding people about Geist Crusher since it's flopping hard
>Puzzles & Dragons
>Kirby
>*new title*

WiiU
>Kart
>Smash
>Bayo
>*new title*

END

JoeM86

Asd202

And we money hatted Valve to develop Half-Life 3 exclusively for Wii U as well!

And a Wii U price drop to $99 with Iwata saying the following: I lowered the price of Wii U so I could meet my sales target of 9 million in this fiscal year. If you won't buy it I'll be fired. Please understand.

I'm not expecting anything significant from this one. I think Nintendo truly believed their holiday sales would save them and are now caught with their pants down.

I do expect them to go into panic mode awesome starting early next year though.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I bet it's nothing special

3DS segment
>Bravely Second
>DQM2
>reminding people about Geist Crusher since it's flopping hard
>Puzzles & Dragons
>Kirby
>*new title*

WiiU
>Kart
>Smash
>Bayo
>*new title*

END

Most likely this. Nintendo is probably going to go full on ad mode soon for Mario Kart and Smash and hold all of the big news for E3 or something like that.

Most likely this. Nintendo is probably going to go full on ad mode soon for Mario Kart and Smash and hold all of the big news for E3 or something like that.

Well, I certainly don't want to go crazy here and try and hype up any particular Direct -- let alone tomorrow's -- but I don't know if they have the luxury of just sitting around waiting for E3. I'm not saying they won't do just that, but I think even Nintendo is going to have to get just a little more aggressive and not assume that the current momentum plus Cranky in February is going to do just fine until Kart comes out.

I would like to imagine a surprise announcement of The World Ends With U 2. You could use the Game Pad and everything. But Nomura probably won't touch that series til he's done with XV and KH3.

...So in, like, 2031...:(

Pikma

Banned
Yeah no, Don't think "through spring" is enough to get new games announced, the infamous January Direct earlier this year was specifically announced to cover "future titles" without any kind of limit.

Iwata opens up direct with a short video introducing the world to Miiverse on the 3DS.
Iwata shows us how people are excited for Super Mario 3d World
Shows off Miiverse comunity full of people using stamps
Iwata then hands it off to Aonuma...

Aonuma tells us how happy he is with the reception of A Link Between Worlds
shows off Ravio and reminds us he has nothing to do with Nabbit.
Explains the intricacies of Hyrule vs. Lo-rule
Back to Iwata

Talks about eshop
3 new Pikmin 3 stages for $2
First Megaton:
SMB 3 to come to the eshop soon.
ALSO! The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past coming soon to the eshop!
Iwata asks "Have you noticed the new music in the eshop?" Talks about that for a minute.

Passed over to Reggie/Shibata
Cranky Kong announced for DKC Tropical Freeze. Date unveiled as well.
Mario Kart 8 trailer from E3 plays once more, Announced for Spring 2014.
Professor Layton and Azran Legacy date revealed.
Wii Fit U packaged version demonstrated
Bill Trinen talks about Bravely Default
Kirby shown off a bit more.

Back to Iwata:
And one more thing:

Wii Sports Club Golf and Baseball shown and demonstrated.

Iwata drops the mic and says "happy holiday bitches."
Well, now you've gone and spoiled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom