• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emb

I hope they announce a new 2D Platformer for the Wii U.
I'd be ok with this, if it's a new IP with an interesting character, who is simultaneously announced for Smash Bros.

Actually I'd just be ok with it anyway, I like 2D platformers. But yeah, we get it Nintendo.

Monster Hunter 4
Dragon Quest VII
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 3
E.X. Troopers
Time Travelers
Super Robot Wars UX
Taiko no Tatsujin
Digimon Re:Digitize Decode
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Fantasy Life Link!
Medarot 7

I will accept no less

jmizzal

For people who complain about Nintendo Directs and say they are disappointing, remember when we didnt have them and had to wait for E3, Fall conf or GDC to get any kind of big news out of Nintendo?

Be happy that they do ND directs now, and dont announce them months in advanced just 24 hours thats great

Neiteio

Here's my elevator pitch, GAF:

EXCITE WAVE, from Monster Games, for WiiU:

The spiritual successor to Wave Race AND Excite Truck, with Innespace Seabreachers as the watercraft (used like the Kawasaki license in WR64). Weave in and out of buoys, negotiate rollicking wave physics, and dive in and out of the sea. Stick landings parallel to the waves for a turbo boost, and hit trigger points to transform the seascape in real-time, conjuring up whirlpools and waterfalls and landmasses that split the waterways in two. There are also numerous ways to accrue points, so winning is not simply about placing first. Of course, there is also a "Classic" mode that eschews the Excite trappings for simple, straight-forward, buoy-based racing. Online and in HD on the WiiU, the title also supports Off-TV Play and Miiverse. The game distinguishes itself from other racers on the market with its unique focus on wave-based racing, diving underwater and catching major air.

Guys, I was able to watch an advanced copy of the Direct before tomorrow's broadcast time. Here are the highlights:

Zelda: Retribution revealed with an October, 2014 release date. Takes place in Hyrule in a bleak, post-apocalyptic near future overrun by Gibdos. Link uses the sword for melee combat and sword beam as a default weapon. Additional weapons (i.e. Fire Rod and Cane of Somaria) can be purchased via microtransaction in the online Malo Mart shop. Zelda can also be purchased as a playable character in Malo Mart; controls just like Link but has realistic jiggle physics. 5 hour single player campaign in an open sandbox Hyrule, split into missions and checklists, with frequent waypoints and regenerating health to ensure that all players can enjoy the story regardless of skill level. Zelda Online features 5 maps with more to come via DLC. $60.

Mario Kart 8. Mario, Koopa Troopa, and Shy Guy unlocked automatically. Additional characters and karts can be earned by winning races in Grand Prix mode, on average about 150 wins for the next unlock. Or, new characters and karts can be purchased via microstransaction for $20 per character/kart. Get the best deals by pre-ordering kart packs. According to Miyamoto, this new upgrade structure was implemented due to fan feedback and the desire to make sure that the best characters/karts feel rare and valuable. Nintendo does not anticipate any problems with online at launch and has not purchased any extra servers. $60.

The next Nintendo console, Nintendo Power Box, announced for Christmas 2014. Does not support GamePad, Wii Remote, or any input other than the Pro Controller. No backwards compatibility. Hardware specs on par with XBox One. Will feature mostly 3rd party multiplatform releases and HD remasters of classic Nintendo games, ported by Grezzo. Zelda: Retribution and Mario Kart 8 "definitive editions" for Nintendo Power Box available at launch for $60 each. $500.

mayweather-money.gif

Ashodin

Well, I certainly don't want to go crazy here and try and hype up any particular Direct -- let alone tomorrow's -- but I don't know if they have the luxury of just sitting around waiting for E3. I'm not saying they won't do just that, but I think even Nintendo is going to have to get just a little more aggressive and not assume that the current momentum plus Cranky in February is going to do just fine until Kart comes out.

You know this is exactly what they feel is just fine. This is Nintendo. They don't talk about ANYTHING else.

What I want to see as a 3DS owner:

3DS: Majora's Mask please, it's time Aonuma. A Link Between Worlds was amazing and MM will be icing on the cake.

Next Level Games' new project (could be revealed at a Direct considering they have a close relationship with Nintendo)

Software: Hints at "more to come" regarding Nintendo ID's (account system).

Next Level doing SMS2 would be one of the greatest reveals of my life. Please let this happen.

Unfortunately it would overshadow anything on the Wii U. It would essentially be giving us what we waited so long for- an ambitious bigass sprawling 3D Mario.

AColdDay

The spiritual successor to Wave Race AND Excite Truck, with Innespace Seabreachers as the watercraft (used like the Kawasaki license in WR64). Weave in and out of buoys, negotiate rollicking wave physics, and dive in and out of the sea. Stick landings parallel to the waves for a turbo boost, and hit trigger points to transform the seascape in real-time, conjuring up whirlpools and waterfalls and landmasses that split the waterways in two. There are also numerous ways to accrue points, so winning is not simply about placing first. Of course, there is also a "Classic" mode that eschews the Excite trappings for simple, straight-forward, buoy-based racing. Online and in HD on the WiiU, the title also supports Off-TV Play and Miiverse. The game distinguishes itself from other racers on the market with its unique focus on wave-based racing, diving underwater and catching major air.

Neiteio deserves a promotion for this idea.

Only problem with this: Monster is apparently too small for a retail title

Probably Super Princess Peach or Mario Spikers. Or some other Mario-related game. At least those sell kinda decently.

Seeing as how Mario 64 DS sold over 10 million, they could either make a handheld sequel to that or Mario Sunshine and it would sell infinitely better than the two titles you listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom