• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU WANT SOME MEGATONS

Wii U

- DKC:TF New trailer highlighting Cranky
- Mario Kart 8 New trailer, dated for April, Cranky is playable
- Super Smash Bros. U New trailer, dated for May, Cranky is playable
- Bayonetta 1 coming to Wii U at a discount, demo for 2, new features including replacing Bayonetta with Cranky
- Wii Sports Club/Wii Fit U silliness, replace all your Miis with Cranky who yells at you to get in shape (real cane-hitting action!)
- Super Wario 3D World DLC expansion, play as Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, or Cranky.
- Sonic Adventure 3! The third game in the 3 Sonic exclusives. Play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, or Cranky.
- Punch U Out from Next Level Games. After DK's humiliating defeat in the first game, Cranky Kong seeks revenge!

3DS

- Kirby Triple Deluxe
- Dragon Quest 7
- Monster Hunter 4
- Mario Golf
- Bravely Default
- Professor Layton something
- Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
- Yoshi's New Island

And that's only the first half folks!

Piers

Predictions:

* Introduction to Wii Fit U
* Footage and explanation on Cranky Kong in DK:TF.
* New Wii Kareoke features.
* New Smash Bros veteran announced, screenshot.
* No mention of Mario Kart/Metroid/Yoshi Yarn/Fire Emblem x SMT/X etc
* Introduction to Miiverse 3DS.
* Yoshi's Island 3DS. Still looks sucky.
* Pokemon Bank details.
* Bravely Default: FF details.

The end.

Cdammen

Nice, on my day off. I hope they show a new unexpected game, something not from an established series, or if established then please be a rail-shooter arcadey Star Fox game. Make it a download if you're not sure arcadey games sell as full-price. Just give us anything :(

Nibiru

Banned
I know i am hopeful in this but I think they might go big on this one. Although ND is a kind of muted event compared to e3, the announcements still get picked up by all video game outlets in the same way so considering they had kind of bad sales recently they really should go crazy.

SykoTech

We need NCL in this

ibxF6V7iDgQUCA.gif

Haha, this is awesome.

I really don't know what's coming in Spring besides Mario Kart though. Here's hoping there is at least one nice surprise, like Metroid (seriously hope Reggie and that Retro guy weren't just trolling at VGX).

We all know what will happen:

Iwata: "We are exited to share some new information about Mario Kart 8 with you: Cranky Kong will be a playable character in this game. Did you notice you can see every wrinkle in his face? The WiiU's HD technologie allows us to create even deeper experiences for all kinds of players.
But please unterstand that we need a bit more time to complete such an ambitious project. Look forward to play in November 2014"

This is good. I'm going to be working, but I can catch it during a break or something. I'm not expecting too much, but you never know with these things. They're so random and unpredictable. I won't get my hopes up for Metroid or Zelda on Wii U, but there's always that sliver of hope.

Cutebrute

Iwata will announce that Nintendo is purchasing the Xbox division from MS.

Honestly though, the big January 2013 Direct felt like an unplanned panic show. Are we truly confident we will get another major Direct one month after this show?

Mojojo

For WiiU :
new showings of X, Bayo 2, Smash Bros (with a new character reveal),Mario Kart 8, DKC, and maybe a glimpse of Zelda WiiU.
a surprise announcement could be Monster Hunter 4 HD.

3DS :
with so many hits already out in 2013, not sure what to expect . A real megaton would be DragonQuest XII .

What I want to see:

Wii U
Excite Truck Armageddon
Wave Race: Tsunami
Stunt Race FX 2
Metroid V (Retro Studios)
Doom: A Feast of Flesh (original Wii U Doom with co-op old school style gameplay)
Star Fox United
Simon Belmont in Smash
Pilotwings U (giant sprawling little US map)
Mario Kart level editor
N64 VC
GTAV Definitive Edition

3DS:
Mario Sunshine 2 (Next Level Games)
3D Donkey Kong World

Nibel

Sure it's crazy to get hyped as shit :lol

But, they've had terrible numbers, 2014 is around the corner and NCL is on board this time as well - I think some of you should rise your expectations a little bit more than usual

GSR

I'm not expecting much. Mario Kart/Donkey Kong trailers, Layton 6 date for America and Wright vs. Layton date for Europe, stuff like that.

Iwata will announce that Nintendo is purchasing the Xbox division from MS.

Honestly though, the big January 2013 Direct felt like an unplanned panic show. Are we truly confident we will get another major Direct one month after this show?

Oh, the real panic show in January isn't going to be a Nintendo Direct.

AGoodODST

Iwata: Well that was a very nice twenty minute look at Miiverse for Nintendo 3DS.

One last thing before I go. We have noticed many fans have been looking forward to a new entry in the Metroid series, so after this Direct a Samus poster will be made available on the Club Nintendo website for the price of 600000000000000000 coins.

Please understand.

spliced

Now is the time for a new announcement. I'm hoping whatever it is I'm interested in it.

Looking forward to some more Mario Kart Footage too.

Neiteio

How about Excite Wave? It would look like the prototype for Wave Race 64, with the F-Zero-style watercraft, and play like Excite Truck, if Excite Truck were entirely on water, with the rollicking wave physics and buoy-based gameplay of Wave Race 64.

You could even change the waterways by hitting trigger points that form on-the-fly waterfalls, whirlpools, tsunamis, etc. And the point-based winning conditions from Excite Truck would return, so it's not simply about getting first place. :)

gemoran4

Probably will be Mario Kart 8 footage, Bayo 2 footage, and more DK: Tropical Freeze footage. That's about as higher as I will allow my expectations to go (on the wii u side)

Vibranium

Banned
What I want to see as a 3DS owner:

3DS: Majora's Mask please, it's time Aonuma. A Link Between Worlds was amazing and MM will be icing on the cake.

Next Level Games' new project (could be revealed at a Direct considering they have a close relationship with Nintendo)

Software: Hints at "more to come" regarding Nintendo ID's (account system).

What I want to see:
3DS:
Mario Sunshine 2 (Next Level Games)

Next Level doing SMS2 would be one of the greatest reveals of my life. Please let this happen.

Maybe they will introduce some new offer to boost Wii U numbers before the quarter ends. (not that it would make a difference) Something like register SM3dW and um... idk Wii Fit U or Wii Party and get a select free game or eShop credit.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Probably will be Mario Kart 8 footage, Bayo 2 footage, and more DK: Tropical Freeze footage. That's about as higher as I will allow my expectations to go (on the wii u side)

This is really all anyone should expect. This Direct is going to cover games that will be released by the end of next Spring. It's pretty foolish to expect a big new title be announced in this Nintendo Direct when it would have to be released within the next four or five months. That's not typically how Nintendo rolls. It could happen, but I think games are typically announced at least six months in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom