• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo Direct to be broadcast tomorrow (Now-Spring 3DS/Wii U titles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trolling miiverse

But that wasn't trolling though.

xW2jQMe.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558712

Vibranium

Banned
Unfortunately it would overshadow anything on the Wii U. It would essentially be giving us what we waited so long for- an ambitious bigass sprawling 3D Mario.

I know, if Nintendo had already done that with the Wii U already then maybe a 3D Mario on the 3DS would be more likely. Still hoping though. :(

Toxi

Banned
I don't get it...
The protagonist of the Metroid series is Samus, but the person who is the butt of the joke does not realize that, emphasizing that he is not familiar with the Metroid series. Anyone who has played a Metroid game knows that Samus doesn't crawl in the Power Suit, she uses the Morph Ball upgrade. However, the new player sadly does not realize this and is futilely attempting to get Samus to crawl. This ignorance is supposed to be funny.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So what's the chance that there's going to be any recognition by Nintendo during the Direct that WiiU might be slightly behind the projected sales figures? And what they intend to do about it.

GooeyHeat

Here's my elevator pitch, GAF:

EXCITE WAVE, from Monster Games, for WiiU:

The spiritual successor to Wave Race AND Excite Truck, with Innespace Seabreachers as the watercraft (used like the Kawasaki license in WR64). Weave in and out of buoys, negotiate rollicking wave physics, and dive in and out of the sea. Stick landings parallel to the waves for a turbo boost, and hit trigger points to transform the seascape in real-time, conjuring up whirlpools and waterfalls and landmasses that split the waterways in two. There are also numerous ways to accrue points, so winning is not simply about placing first. Of course, there is also a "Classic" mode that eschews the Excite trappings for simple, straight-forward, buoy-based racing. Online and in HD on the WiiU, the title also supports Off-TV Play and Miiverse. The game distinguishes itself from other racers on the market with its unique focus on wave-based racing, diving underwater and catching major air.
image.php

KHlover

Banned
So what's the chance that there's going to be any recognition by Nintendo during the Direct that WiiU might be slightly behind the projected sales figures? And what they intend to do about it.

Literally zero. That kind of stuff belongs into an investors meeting and will never be mentioned to customers upfront.

KAP151

Somewhere between none and fuck all Im guessing.

It will be another Direct full of missed opportunities and crushed dreams - the usual.

I would like to imagine a surprise announcement of The World Ends With U 2. You could use the Game Pad and everything. But Nomura probably won't touch that series til he's done with XV and KH3.

...So in, like, 2031...:(

Ah, this would be one of the best things ever. It won't happen though :(

Nibel

This is a video-stream directed at Nintendo fans, not a presentation for sales analysts, so 0

TunaLover

The protagonist of the Metroid series is Samus, but the person who is the butt of the joke does not realize that, emphasizing that he is not familiar with the Metroid series. Anyone who has played a Metroid game knows that Samus doesn't crawl in the Power Suit, she uses the Morph Ball upgrade. However, the new player sadly does not realize this and is futilely attempting to get Samus to crawl. This ignorance is supposed to be funny.
Yeah, now I get it, kinda slow on my part, didn't know you used "y" to refering to "why", wasn't sure if the guy asking was joking or asking for real help.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
In a perfect world, Monster would give us Excite Truck 2 for Wii U.

Kimawolf

Sorry but it was funny ha, poor pauly. Y cant Metroid crawl indeed

Sakura

I just woke up to find my shitty club Nintendo elite status gift in the mail, and that there will be a Nintendo direct. It's like Christmas come early!

Mariolee

My time at NeoGAF has confirmed one thing:

Law of NeoGAF: A game or announcement thread's size is proportional to the amount of disappointment after receiving said game or announcement.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I would like to see a SM64 HD remake announced. Please do this Nintendo.

- Chrono Break and Skies of Arcadia II developed by Monolith Soft.

- Kid Icarus U with pointer controls.

- Majora's Mask HD Remake.

- Bayonetta, Tingle and Toad in Smash.

- Super Princess Peach Galaxy.

- 3rd person Metroid U.

- Wii U price drop and 10 ambassador GC & N64 games for early adopters.

This is all I want. Please don't disappoint me, Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom