• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New RE4 PS2 details

Solid

Zeo said:
I don't see how you can act like the extra content (which isn't very good considering the Ada missions aren't too fun in the first place) is worth waiting almost a year, especially considering you can buy the GC version that looks better (no matter how people want to spin it).
but the difference is not worth it. if it was like splinter cell (xbox vs ps2) then i'd agree with you but the difference isn't big enough (plus i think the ps2 version got the upper hand on the graphic department for those with a widescreen). new content is important to many people too.

Solid said:
but the difference is not worth it. if it was like splinter cell (xbox vs ps2) then i'd agree with you but the difference isn't big enough (plus i think the ps2 version got the upper hand on the graphic department for those with a widescreen). new content is important to many people too.

This is what I call a stretch.

The GC version already has some areas with so-so textures, they can only get worse on the PS2.

Solid

OG_Original Gamer said:
This is what I call a stretch.

The GC version already has some areas with so-so textures, they can only get worse on the PS2.
yeah probably, but the game (gc version, 4:3 mode) looks like ass on a widescreen tv, that's what i'm talking about.

you can zoom of course, but then you loose that edge.

Solid said:
yeah probably, but the game (gc version, 4:3 mode) looks like ass on a widescreen tv, that's what i'm talking about.

you can zoom of course, but then you loose that edge.

Many have said that they didn't notice any loss in image quality after using zoom.

Amir0x

Banned
Every Resident Evil 4 (PS2) review is going to read like this...

"A solid port. Graphics are still gorgeous, although it lacks some of the luster of the Gamecube original. Extra content is nice, but not a compelling reason to buy again if you already bought it the first time. So, if you are a Gamecube owner who already purchased RE4, skip this one - you aren't missing much. If you're a PS2 owner who hasn't had the pleasure of playing RE4, you're in for a treat! 9.2"

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
Every Resident Evil 4 (PS2) review is going to read like this...

"A solid port. Graphics are still gorgeous, although it lacks some of the luster of the Gamecube original. Extra content is nice, but not a compelling reason to buy again if you already bought it the first time. So, if you are a Gamecube owner who already purchased RE4, skip this one - you aren't missing much. If you're a PS2 owner who hasn't had the pleasure of playing RE4, you're in for a treat! 9.2"

:lol:lol:lol

You can take summaries from reviews like MGS2S, RECVX or VJ PS2 and replace them with RE4.

Amir0x

Banned
CVXFREAK said:
:lol:lol:lol

You can take summaries from reviews like MGS2S, RECVX or VJ PS2 and replace them with RE4.

As an option, you can add in a note about sporadic framerate issues ;)

Zeo said:
I don't see how you can act like the extra content (which isn't very good considering the Ada missions aren't too fun in the first place) is worth waiting almost a year, especially considering you can buy the GC version that looks better (no matter how people want to spin it).

A lot of people don't have Gamecubes, just check the NPD threads.

...runs

Top Bottom