• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh: Complete Edition PC performance thread

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Have you tried 4K on the GTX 1080? That's what I'm hoping to do.
Impossible (at least for now) with constant 60 FPS.

I've just tested the game on a 4790K + 1070 and... 1070 just can't handle 1440p 60 or the game simply is not all that well optimized (which is a lot more likely considering it's a Koei Tecmo port and Dark Souls 3 runs like a charm in 1440p). I can run it in 2048x1152 and it plays well with 60 FPS 99% of the time with small hitching here and there.

Overall, i think the game will not run well for everyone and they need to spend more time to fix performance issues.

Corine

Just tested it out for about 15 minutes @1080p and got a locked 60 with everything maxed. Not really a surprise as I'm using a 8700k at 4.7ghz, 32gig ram, and a 1080ti. No 4k till the holiday sales, but I'll try to crank it a bit more later. Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would :)

Chakan

i7 4790k
16gb
GTX 970

1080P+all maxed = 45 fps
1080P+all maxed except shadows (normal instead of high) = 60 fps almost all the time.

Played the intro stage, tutorial and about 20 minutes of the 1st stage in Japan.

i7 4790k
16gb
GTX 970

1080P+all maxed = 45 fps
1080P+all maxed except shadows (normal instead of high) = 60 fps almost all the time.

Played the intro stage, tutorial and about 20 minutes of the 1st stage in Japan.

Turning the shadows setting down a notch is definitely the key for me. 1080Ti, 4K, and I was a 60 locked from what I played. Which was admittedly just the first area before the title screen.

With Shadows on high, I was anywhere from 40-60. Usually around the 45 mark.

bati

Is anyone playing this on a 760 gtx by any chance? Just wondering if I should even bother trying the game out (before the inevitable refund). Sadly my newer card died recently and I was really looking forward to this.

1440p on g-sync monitor, all maxed out, driver 388.00
980ti@1440mhz
4770k@4.5ghz
16gbddr3@1866mhz

45fps with stuttering even with g-sync

why the stuttering?

iHaunter

RIP my GTX 970.

Was hoping it would last a little longer, starting to quickly be "Under" requirements.

Might be time to OC the darn thing.

Ragnaroz

i5-6600
RX-470

Everything maxed except for shadows(medium). Smooth 60 fps, no stuttering of any kind. I played through the intro level and some of the first. With shadows on high, I get 45-50 fps with some weird stuttering, so I'm guessing that's the problem most people are experiencing.

laxu

1440p on g-sync monitor, all maxed out, driver 388.00
980ti@1440mhz
4770k@4.5ghz
16gbddr3@1866mhz

45fps with stuttering even with g-sync

why the stuttering?

That's ridiculous. There is nothing in Nioh graphics to run that poorly. With a similar rig but slightly higher GPU clocks I can get rock solid 60 fps in Dark Souls 3 and that game looks better than Nioh at almost any section of the game.

Is this one of the worst ports of all time?

That's ridiculous. There is nothing in Nioh graphics to run that poorly. With a similar rig but slightly higher GPU clocks I can get rock solid 60 fps in Dark Souls 3 and that game looks better than Nioh at almost any section of the game.

Is this one of the worst ports of all time?

The first part (after the escape from the cell) is atrocious. After this stage the frame rate is much better but really far from being perfect.

Aklamarth

I'm surprised at how bad it looks honestly. I mean for such a high profile game, (former) PS4 exclusive blah blah , in some places it looks downright atrocious.

NeoRaider

I'm surprised at how bad it looks honestly. I mean for such a high profile game, (former) PS4 exclusive blah blah , in some places it looks downright atrocious.

Ikr? I feel like this game had best (or worst?) bullshots for the PS4 version in recent years. Screenshots looked more like concept art. And real screenshoots even from PC can look really tragic.

kingbean

Assets in this game sure are dated. I wonder how many textures and models are from the time when this was a ps3 game in progress?

Either way it runs flawlessly everything but shadows maxed at 1440p. But it should well do being as I have an i5 4690k@4.2 and a gtx1080.

Fun game regardless.

laxu

Apart from the final level the game comes nowhere close to the level of detail and visual grandeur of Dark Souls games. Good gameplay is its saving grace and the actual routes thru the levels are not bad.

Top Bottom