• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Starfield and Redfall delayed to 2023

sircaw

Banned
I mean this is a massive blow for sure, but on the positive side, at least it will release in a better state.

Not saying they will remove all the bugs, it's a Bethesda game after all, but it will be better.

To my green rat friends, hug time. :messenger_heart:
Rat Spaghetti GIF

Last edited:

Banned
I bet noone saw this coming AT ALL

I Bet Snoop Dogg GIF by chuber channel

for real tho, why have such unrealistic release dates? everyone in their right mind knew this would never be zhe actual release date

Unbelievable, they dangled that carrot in front of people to get those subs promising AAA games day one and the console will be more than two years old with very little to show in that department.

Xbox fans were hyping this game so much that I knew it wasn't gonna go right, that is how it always goes for them unfortunately.

I can only imagine the shape the game must be at if Bethesda of all studios decided it wasn't ready to launch.

Last edited:

DukeNukem00

Banned
Surely if it's that bad to dub it "The next Cyberpunk" then a few extra months can't be doing all that many favours for it?

We will see, I remain cautiously optimistic, either way it's a winning scenario, we either get a great game or more Bugthesda memes.

First half of 2023 is not a few months, its more than a year if they target june 2023

DonJorginho

Banned
First half of 2023 is not a few months, its more than a year if they target june 2023
I doubt it'll be that long a delay as they need to get this out. And Bethesda games are buggy messes at the best of times so this must be a SPECIAL case.

Last edited:
Sensible IMO. They know if it’s not ready. And we’ve seen what the mob can do to a previously beloved developer if they put something out too soon…

I don’t care about Redfall (not yet any way) but I want Starfield to be great.

DJ12

Fair play to MS/Bethesda on this.

But given the utter bug fests Bethesda usually release, I'm guess first half of 2023 is also going to be a bit of a stretch.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Unbelievable, they dangled that carrot in front of people to get those subs promising AAA games day one and the console will be more than two years old with very little to show in that department.

Xbox fans were hyping this game so much that I knew it wasn't gonna go right, that is how it always goes for them unfortunately.

If anyone subscribed to Game Pass for a game that wasn't supposed to be out until November in the first place, that's on them.

If even the devs are comparing Starfield to Cyberpunk, then not even a delay to 2023 is going to save this project from what it sounds like. I’m hoping this isn’t another mismanaged project from Hell.

I can only imagine the shape the game must be at if Bethesda of all studios decided it wasn't ready to launch.
I hope to see the same energy in the Ragnarok thread :messenger_blowing_kiss:

I’m sure people are upset, but it’s always better to have a polished game rather than one which is incomplete and riddled with bugs.

Developers and publishers need to be more comfortable with delays, the last thing we want for the games we love is for them to get Cyberpunk’d.

DonJorginho

Banned
Backwards compatibility is the only thing keeping me from selling my Series X right now, stacked my gamepass in prep for this recently as well....

Mad Kim Kardashian GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well this is a shame, but would you rather have them release a broken game that the community then has to spend years fixing for them, or have them delay to release a broken game that the community then has to spend years fixing for them?

What? This is Bethesda here, that's the outcome every time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom