• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld has sold over 5 million copies in only 3 days | Momentum continues with latest sales figures reaching 86k units per hour

Freeman76

I dont get the hype, looks like absolute shit and plays like a game from 20 years ago. Whats the catch?

Probably too deep for you, but then if you think it looks like something from 20 years ago there's something wrong anyway.

Back on topic, the sales are unreal, just gotta hope they dont take the money and run off to paradise before they finish it. Craftopia has been in early access for years and is nowhere near finished, lets hope they dont jump onto developing another game before this is finished as it has a lot of promise from what I played so far.

They've beat their own CCU record on Steam as well.

image.png

Last edited:

SenkiDala

Damn PC gamers have been waiting for long for a Pokémon style game.

And it's funny because when you go on emulation websites, always the top 10 is crowded with at least 8 Pokémon games.

I'm honestly feeling a bit sad that this license does nothing to me, I've always have friends and colleagues talking about it since decades and I don't know anything about it except Pikatchu and... that's all...

Tried to play those games on GB fat, GBC, DS, 3DS... And I literally fall asleep within 30 minutes (I mean really)... :(

dorkimoe

I think having the game on GP was a mistake seeing how well it is doing on Steam
I mean it’s technically a “preview” so it doesn’t have to stay on gamepass when it’s “full”. But nobody would have predicted this anyway

I’m a PC gamer and I take full advantage of gamepass. Why wouldn’t you?

The storefront works just fine..
Agreed. I don’t get the game pass hate lol. At $30 on steam, I never would’ve tried this game if it weren’t for game pass. My kids enjoyed the hour or 2 they played of it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I mean it’s technically a “preview” so it doesn’t have to stay on gamepass when it’s “full”. But nobody would have predicted this anyway

They did the same thing with their last game. It's still console exclusive to Xbox. They seem like they're primarily PC devs and for them it's easy to put out an Xbox version along with the Steam one.

Absolutely bonkers how well this is selling. Grats to the team. Curious to see if there's a chance this will get brought to the other consoles.

dorkimoe

They did the same thing with their last game. It's still console exclusive to Xbox. They seem like they're primarily PC devs and for them it's easy to put out an Xbox version along with the Steam one.
Someone said the Xbox one isn’t as up to date?

SenkiDala

Getting more viewers on Twitch than anything else right now.
And that's the reason of its popularity... People love Pokémon, PC gamers don't have Pokémon, the game seems quite good (good reviews) and fun, that and people streaming it on Twitch = boom.

No need to see some conspiracy behind it because a Chinese game is being popular...

Chukhopops

Agreed. I don’t get the game pass hate lol. At $30 on steam, I never would’ve tried this game if it weren’t for game pass. My kids enjoyed the hour or 2 they played of it.
I wonder when the « most popular » lists update cause I’m curious if it also blew up on Xbox and to which extent.

I think people underestimate how solid the gameplay actually is.

Freeman76

Gamepass hate is simply internal hate projected onto a service. Any healthy mind would either take it or leave it, pay for it if it seemed a good deal or ignore it if it wasnt. They wouldnt join a message board and spit bile about it every day. Therefore, safely add to block list and enjoy a better message board imo

dorkimoe

I know this game is different, but remember when I’ve been saying for the last 10 years Microsoft needs to get another viva piñata out? Yeah… get on that

GHG

Someone said the Xbox one isn’t as up to date?

It's not the same as the Steam version.

Gamepass PC and Xbox are the same, Steam is the most up to date and feature complete version.

Gamepass PC and Xbox can play together, but neither can play with the people who are on Steam because of the different versions.

Last edited:

legacy24

it’s so funny to me that some small time dev team will put something out like this and it absolutely blows up, but AAA games like kill the justice league have been in development for the better part of a decade with budgets in the 100s of millions and we already know they are gonna flop.

I wonder how many big time publishers are having meetings this week and pitching ideas to make a game with this formula. Look what happened with PUBG.

Indie game blows up on Steam —> AAA publisher rips it off

This has lead to the most popular GaaS games.
it’s so funny to me that some small time dev team will put something out like this and it absolutely blows up, but AAA games like kill the justice league have been in development for the better part of a decade with budgets in the 100s of millions and we already know they are gonna flop.

I wonder how many big time publishers are having meetings this week and pitching ideas to make a game with this formula. Look what happened with PUBG.

Indie game blows up on Steam —> AAA publisher rips it off

This has lead to the most popular GaaS games.

Last edited:

YCoCg

It's legally grey area NOT-Pokemon with Guns and the ability to fight the NOT-Pokemon yourself or as a team with friends, ....and people are surprised it's a hit?

Demption

Why are some users on REEEE saying its an asset flip and theyr using Ai?
I mean, small cute creatures arent exactly owned by Pokemon. Okay u get them by throwing a ball at them but that's it

Last edited:

twilo99

This particular developer is missing out on a lot of sales by not bringing their games to all available platforms.

The gamepass hate is rooted in emotion rather than logic

GHG

Why are some users on REEEE saying its an asset flip and theyr using Ai?
I mean, small cute creatures arent exactly owned by Pokemon. Okay u get them by throwing a ball at them but that's it

The PETA angle didn't stick, nor did the "slavery" one, so now they are going for AI.

Meanwhile it will probably be at 1.5 million concurrent before the weekend is done.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I can confirm this game on Steam is a banger.
I've been having a ball building up my base and catching Pals. This game has scratched an itch I never knew I had. I haven't had this much fun since Pokémon Red back in the day.

Too bad the rats have to try to attach themselves to this game's success and bring a stank to the game's discussion.

Demption

The PETA angle didn't stick, nor did the "slavery" one, so now they are going for AI.

Meanwhile it will probably be at 1.5 million concurrent before the weekend is done.
Wait. Slavery?? Good one, that's a joke? Right? Haha... Right?

Top Bottom