• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palworld has the highest concurrent player count of any paid game in the history of Steam

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Because the devs said so.

Also the Xbox console and PC gamepass versions got an identical update yesterday, no such update was necessary on Steam.
There is nothing there about the PC version being the port and not the opposite.

Plus the option for DLSS is already in the game, just greyed out.

GHG

There is nothing there about the PC version being the port and not the opposite.

Plus the option for DLSS is already in the game, just greyed out.

Kid yourself all you want.

Hope you enjoy getting updates in lock-step with the Xbox console version going forwards.

Thaimasker

I don't see it lasting too long due to it being mainly single player, also how fast can a small studio update the game to give it more content.
Most of the roadmap is multiplayer stuff. They can probably update it at a decent pace but I imagine they are hiring more people

GHG

How will I enjoy this if I don't have the game?

Well if you're not playing it at all then it doesn't concern you.

The Xbox/gamepass PC build is one version, the Steam one is a different one. Those are the facts. It's all outlined in the article I posted above.

amigastar

The Xbox/gamepass PC build is one version, the Steam one is a different one. Those are the facts. It's all outlined in the article I posted above.
I know that the Gamepass version is different to the Steam version. But i'm not gonna buy the game only for a newer version. I'm happy with the gamepass version.

<--- Read from Right to Left <---​
295.jpg

Japense artists original tweet.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

The Xbox version is one version. The PC MS Store is another version. The Steam build I bet is the same version as the MS Store version just some update(s) ahead

ssringo

"I'm still shocked that the wooden log house I spent so many hours building fell apart..."

Minor spoiler, but a reminder not to do mega projects until you get to build with stone.

I learned that when the wood barrier I put up to protect my base caught fire during a raid. Put a stop to it by manually destroying what was on fire so not too bad.

Pretty sure it was my own Pals that set the fire...

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Did you read any of the article I posted?
Yes. The "game update version" is the "same" on Xbox and PC MS Store (0.1.0.0). The Steam "game update version" (0.2.0.0) is ahead.

PC version and Xbox version are not the same when it comes to "port" discussions.

Last edited:

GHG

Yes. The "game update version" is the "same" on Xbox and PC MS Store (0.1.0.0). The Steam "game update version" (0.2.0.0) is ahead.

Ok so please explain how you came to the following conclusion:

The Xbox version is one version. The PC MS Store is another version. The Steam build I bet is the same version as the MS Store version just some update(s) ahead

Despite the following information:
  • Palworld players on Steam can create and join dedicated servers, allowing up to 32 players to play in the same world and create guilds together. (from the article)
  • Meanwhile, players on Xbox and Windows PC can't create or join dedicated servers, thus limiting online co-op to 2-4 players. (from the article)
  • Game Pass players on Reddit also noted the ability to name your character, the option to rename your Pals, certain sound effects, and an exit button to close the game are absent while available on the Steam version. (from the article consistent across both the Xbox and PC gamepass version)
  • There is also the issue of crossplay, the Xbox and gamepass PC versions can play together, but not with the Steam version. I wonder why that might be?
  • Finally there is yesterday's patch:

"An update has just been released for the Xbox and Microsoft Store PC versions. Numerous bugs have been fixed, including sound issues."

All the issues and missing features that are present on the Xbox version are also present in the PC gamepass one, identical server restrictions exist across both and they pushed one update which magically appeared on both Xbox and the Windows Store versions, but you want to argue they are different?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
All the issues and missing features that are present on the Xbox version are also present in the PC gamepass one, identical server restrictions exist across both and they pushed one update which magically appeared on both Xbox and the Windows Store versions, but you want to argue they are different?
Because the "game update version" is the same. The games are not the same as if I could put the Xbox disc on PC and play it or run the .exe of the PC game on Xbox and play it. Clear now?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Because the "game update version" is the same. The games are not the same as if I could put the Xbox disc on PC and play it or run the .exe of the PC game on Xbox play it. Clear now?

They use the same single build. For all intents and purposes, they are the same.

The better solution would have been for them to put the Steam version on the windows store for PC gamepass. But then they would have been able to do PC/console crossplay at all, but I'm sure people on PC would prefer to play the actual current PC version rather than be able to play with a few people on Xbox.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
They use the same single build. For all intents and purposes, they are the same.

The better solution would have been for them to put the Steam version on the windows store for PC gamepass. But then they would have been able to do PC/console crossplay at all, but I'm sure people on PC would prefer to play the actual current PC version rather than be able to play with a few people on Xbox.
There are not the same. If they were ports should/could not exist.

Agreed on the solution. But it seems like their game can only have cross play on the exactly same "game update".

Bernoulli

M2 slut

They won't do that because Xbox have a small player base
There were problems with Call of duty and Fortnite before cross-platform where you always get the same lobbies and took a long time to get into a match

lifa-cobex

I'm still confused on this game.
I think I get the premises. Pokémon but better ?

Is the game actually any good or is it more of a middle finger to big IP's?
Why does Twatter hate it?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Ark (survival/crafting/base building game mechanics) with Pokemon (monster catching/fighting/breeding game mechanics) with guns (guns).

It's fun enough for 5 million people, apparently.

Because it's the internet.

That's not really accurate though is it? There are certain genres where a Palworld can't happen in (fighters, JRPGs, racing games)
A Year ago you could have included CRPGs and everyone would have nodded along agreement.
and there are genres where it can (survival games, Battle Royale, 4p co-op).

Some bets are far better than others.
You including Battle royal proves my point, did that genre even exist before 2017?

The fact that Sony's is Funding 12 GAAS said it all. They have no clue which will one take off. If they did why Fund 12? Surely just fund 1 or 2 and rake in the cash?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
A Year ago you could have included CRPGs and everyone would have nodded along agreement.
A bad baseball player hits .220
A good baseball player hits .280

Some genres have significantly better hit rates than other genres. This feels like a blind spot for far too many.

You including Battle royal proves my point, did that genre even exist before 2017?
Was Mario 64 luck? Or was it a smart innovation created by talented people?

The fact that Sony's is Funding 12 GAAS said it all. They have no clue which will one take off. If they did why Fund 12? Surely just fund 1 or 2 and rake in the cash?
They're funding 12 because 12 cash cows are better than 1 cash cow.

Dolomite

Try it yourself. It's free on gamepass.

I waited a few days for hype to die down, played it for what I thought was a few hrs and looked up to find that it was 3am.

Lol then spent most of my workday thinking about getting home to play some more.

I did NOT expect to like it this much as I thought it was a fad

Last edited:
A bad baseball player hits .220
A good baseball player hits .280
Christ Baseball I have no idea what your talking about. You should play a proper sport like Cricket!
Some genres have significantly better hit rates than other genres. This feels like a blind spot for far too many.
Sure but a game in a usually weaker genre can still blow past expectations and probably should have at least a little investment.
Was Mario 64 luck? Or was it a smart innovation created by talented people?
It can be both? But we're talking about break out hits. Why I are you bringing up the most recognisable video game character on the planet?
They're funding 12 because 12 cash cows are better than 1 cash cow.
Not even Jimmy Ryan believed this.

Top Bottom