• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics That Make You Laugh |OT| Memes Galore

Banned
Yeah I just ran into that issue with my audiologist. Trying to get a detailed invoice for my insurance, they wouldn’t email it, only fax.

There are other secure digital options, it’s not just a fax or email choice. Perhaps we are giving too much thought to a silly meme though.

but as you see, the meme should be the other way around...
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Kilau

but as you see, the meme should be the other way around...
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
The meme is just saying fax is outdated and inconvenient for many people. I haven’t had a land line in many years but my CPA and general practitioner can send me secure documents with a link or online portal.

Cyberpunkd

this meme doesn't make much sense. many professional fields still heavily use Fax Machines. pretty sure doctors for example mainly use fax because it's more secure than any form of digital mail/messaging
More secure? You mean like 'everybody on the other side can read the fax, you have absolutely no idea if the recipient is there to receive it and how long it will take for them to walk over to the fax machine' secure?

Cyberpunkd

Yeah I just ran into that issue with my audiologist. Trying to get a detailed invoice for my insurance, they wouldn’t email it, only fax.

There are other secure digital options, it’s not just a fax or email choice. Perhaps we are giving too much thought to a silly meme though.
Next time ask your damn audiologist to send it against your electronic signature via e.g. Docusign. Problem solved. Welcome to 2022.

JBat

More secure? You mean like 'everybody on the other side can read the fax, you have absolutely no idea if the recipient is there to receive it and how long it will take for them to walk over to the fax machine' secure?
Yep, one more reason the US health industry is wacky. Fax is HIPAA compliant so next time you're doctor's office sends your claim to an adjuster think about the fact that there is a very good chance it was sent via fax

Top Bottom