• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to Get Away with Murder S3 |OT| Why Can't I Hold All These Murders???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega

Banned
This confirms it wasn't Nate. (and why would it be?)

i thought we already knew nate saw wes before he died?

Not really. All we saw was Nate was going into the house, having a look around for Annalise, but then he just leaves. It was a fakeout to keep us tense, thinking the house would blow up at any moment.

But it was a very minor "twist", kind of blah. See, this show loves to fill in "time gaps" where there previously were none. So Nate going in and out of the house last season was a seamless scene. But the show's formula is to tack on in-between scenes in what we thought were quick camera cuts. A little annoying sometimes.

Taruranto

A this point I wish Connor actually did it for real, at least his character would go somewhere.

Either he's alive or it was Bonnie.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Yeah there's no way Wes isn't alive. No way he was cremated lol isn't he the most popular character from the non-Annalise/Frank group?

Has this been picked up for season 4? No clue where they'll take the story from here if they get renewed.

Leeness

Anyone watching?? Just started after letting my PVR record for a bit so I can fast forward through commercials.

Season finale!!!

MIMIC

Banned
1. These people are so dirty that it's really hard for me to like them anymore. Laural's Academy Award performance on the stand was just so scummy.

2. Damn, the DA was in on it?

Leeness

Catching up, almost on the second episode...

This judge is the worst lol. And the DA. Bringing up Laurel's past like that. SMH

"Lol idk the ADA did some heinous shit but whatever, I'm not listening"

MIMIC

Banned
Catching up, almost on the second episode...

This judge is the worst lol. And the DA. Bringing up Laurel's past like that. SMH

Well he kinda had to (law school grad here, lol). He had to attack her credibility by impeaching her, and the crime of making a false statement is the best way to impeach a witness and a court has to allow it.

And holy shit at the kids going rogue.

Leeness

Well he kinda had to (law student here, lol). He had to attack her credibility by impeaching her, and the crime of making a false statement is the best way to impeach a witness and a court has to allow it.

And holy shit at the kids going rogue.

Haha I know, but he sucks anyway (and is super horrible so I hate everything he does).

I'm at "I...I think Laurel called for me" lmao. Asher my bb 😔

Leeness

So the prosecution wasn't involved at all?

Well no, he was in some way...he was talking to the hired hit man.

Hmmmm. Not quite seeing how this adds up entirely. 🤔 I liked the reveal of who hired the hit man though. But how/why was the DA involved with him/the hit man? And why would they want Wes dead (or was it that they were after Frank, who said "it should have been me"?)?

Also that last scene with Annalise at AA :(

I think the misdirection here is that all along it's actually that Wes died for being a black man and dating that guy's daughter.

Mariolee

Also, did we ever find out for sure who killed the old Mahoney? I know Frank confessed at the beginning of the season, but they never showed him actually firing the bullet so I thought it was a lie.

I think the misdirection here is that all along it's actually that Wes died for being a black man and dating that guy's daughter.

Yeah, which is kinda the perfect ending for something like this especially in these times.

Ahiru77

eeeeeeeee aaahhhhhhhhhh eeeeeeeeeeeee~~

magnaaaaauhhhhhaaaaa eeeeeeeeeeee magnaaauuuhhhheeeeee~~~~

eeeeeeeee aaahhh eeeeeeeeeeeee~~

magnaaaaauhhhhhaaaaa eeeeeeeeeeee magnaaauuuhhhheeeeee~~~~

mehhhhh lehhhhhh leehhhhhh eehhhheeeeeeeeee

Taruranto

Meh, what a shitshow. At one point I was hoping Meggy did it because at least it would have been shocking. Like why did Wes even die for.

The episodes had some good, emotional moments, but the whole main plot just felt soooo dumb.

Oliver proposed. I was hoping they would kill Oliver actually.

holygeesus

Banned
Did we ever find out who Wes called on his phone before he died? The contact was 'In Case of Emergency' and he used his real name when he made the call.

Natiko

Banned
I think this season's ending was the first one I've ever predicted well in advance. Looking forward to next season, it was better than the shitshow that was season 2's back half.

ZeroFate

Yeah I had it being Meggy or Laurel's dad who did it as soon as they revealed Wes was killed. I figured her pops wanted him dead due to his connections with the Mahonneys. I'm sure he justified murdering Wes because he thinks he's protecting his daughter.

Definitely the weakest season finale. :/

I was totally expecting the killer to be a hire from Laurel's father so no surprise there.

But Wes being Charles son makes no sense. Also, at the end did somehow Annalise say that Wes was her son or it was just grieve? They really portrayed what she was saying that as a big reveal, but it makes no sense to even entertain that idea XD

Leeness

I was totally expecting the killer to be a hire from Laurel's father so no surprise there.

But Wes being Charles son makes no sense. Also, at the end did somehow Annalise say that Wes was her son or it was just grieve? They really portrayed what she was saying that as a big reveal, but it makes no sense to even entertain that idea XD

The Charles thing was kind of goofy because he looks like he's the same age as Wes lol.

Annalise said "he felt like, he felt like" before just saying "he was my son", so I think it was just a metaphorical thing.

It could be really great had they planned for it, but honestly it felt like a last minute decision, and then they made some very questionable choices to make room for that.

Mega

Banned
I've been telling my gf since the mid season break it was either the university or Laurel's dad. A page back I went with the uni prez because we literally had not seen her dad at all for many episodes.

Now that it's confirmed her dad was behind it, I think the obvious answer is that he didn't want her dating a poor black kid... but there may be another major reason. The dad had Wes killed because he knows Wes was a Mahoney and his daughter falling in love and marrying him would cause some complication with the future inheritance of the billion dollar family business.

The Charles thing was kind of goofy because he looks like he's the same age as Wes lol.

Annalise said "he felt like, he felt like" before just saying "he was my son", so I think it was just a metaphorical thing.

Didn't she say: He felt like, he felt like my son, because he was my son?

Another thing I remembered. When Annalise was arguing with Connor she says: Both my sons are dead, or something like that.

Perhaps they missed the delivery but I'm certain that Wes was Annalise son was supposed to be the wtf moment from the finale.

Bonnie not having to deal with killing Rebecca at all is weird to me. Laurel brought it up though so maybe there's something coming out of that next season.

KmA

Didn't she say: He felt like, he felt like my son, because he was my son?

Another thing I remembered. When Annalise was arguing with Connor she says: Both my sons are dead, or something like that.

Perhaps they missed the delivery but I'm certain that Wes was Annalise son was supposed to be the wtf moment from the finale.

Lol you're reading the moment entirely wrong. That moment in AA is Annalise finally dealing with the grief of Wes' death because she hasn't had a moment too because of prison and all that. She did her best to be a mother to him because she felt responsible for his life after his mom died even though she didn't want to. She's acknowledging the fact that she acted as his surrogate mother.

Also Wes is Charles' son. That scene where he meets Wes' mom is super awkward because he's his father lmao he never had sex with Annalise.

Also, did we ever find out for sure who killed the old Mahoney? I know Frank confessed at the beginning of the season, but they never showed him actually firing the bullet so I thought it was a lie.

Yeah, that weirded me out too. I think the show just chose to have it actually be Frank but it's odd storytelling. Feels like they initially wanted it to be a mystery, changed their minds, and didn't write that change convincingly.
Did we ever find out who Wes called on his phone before he died? The contact was 'In Case of Emergency' and he used his real name when he made the call.

Good point, no we didn't.

Also, the finale marks another time they've mentioned Asher's dead father again. I think they want to reserve the right to go back and reveal that he was murdered instead of committing suicide.

I guess Charles screwed the maid when he was 12? No way does he look old enough to have a 23 year old son.

Lol you're reading the moment entirely wrong. That moment in AA is Annalise finally dealing with the grief of Wes' death because she hasn't had a moment too because of prison and all that. She did her best to be a mother to him because she felt responsible for his life after his mom died even though she didn't want to. She's acknowledging the fact that she acted as his surrogate mother.

Also Wes is Charles' son. That scene where he meets Wes' mom is super awkward because he's his father lmao he never had sex with Annalise.

I get that it doesn't make any sense, I'm not arguing as much as I think it was this, but rather because if that wasn't their intention they completely mishandled it imo.

They made the scene as it was a big reveal, they even mixed it with the reveal of the killer and that phrase comes after that, so it's like it's an even bigger reveal. They even had annalise mispoken to say to Connor that two of her sons were dead, which is usually used as a way for foreshadowing. Edit: And then they had her saying: He felt like my son, because he was my son, why even put that goddamn because on the setence?

I watched the finally and my first though, WTF, did they completely ignored the plot for this stupid twist?

Kremzeek

(i just binged this season on netflix last weekend)

you know who was a waste of a new character? the student who put up the KILLER signs around campus.

i expected him to be involved somehow with a twist in the finale, but i feel like they just kind of forgot about his character. it didn't go anywhere.

like really, he was just so upset about AK that he put signs up everywhere in a crazy way?

but OMG i loved Laurel's acting in this season - she was really intense and very believable - especially at the memorial and on the witness stand. hoo boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom