• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pizza Hut's New Menu Launches Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biker19

Banned
How is it embarrassing? Dominos Pizza is arguably the most popular pizza franchise in the United States.

I was agreeing with antonz about Pizza Hut charging too much for their pizzas when their quality isn't exactly as spectacular as they used to be.

That's what's embarrassing about Pizza Hut. I wasn't talking about Domino's being embarrassing.

Sanjuro

I was agreeing with antonz about Pizza Hut charging too much for their pizzas when their quality isn't exactly as great as they used to be.

That's what's embarrassing about Pizza Hut. I wasn't talking about Domino's being embarrassing.

...I didn't suggest that you thought Dominos was embarrassing.

In terms of price point and quality, Dominos and Pizza Hut are fairly close to one another. They are big chains.

Rootbeer

Banned
So I finally decided to try it... Well, guess I won't be trying it anytime soon. No pizza huts deliver in the downtown Berkeley area. The fuck?

Apparently the pizza hut here closed... New menu did not arrive in time to save them. :p

I guess if I want chain pizza it's either dominos or papa johns.

The thing I hate the most about the new site is that the survey code that would give you $10 off your next order over $20 no longer stacks with deals, primarily the "any pizza" deal. Getting two large pizzas with a bunch of toppings for around $12 was awesome.

Just took a look. LOL at them wanting almost $16 a pizza now. That's why their sales are slumping not because of the lack of ingredients. They are cheap mans pizza trying to premium themselves. For 3 dollars more I can go to the Local New York style Pizza place and get a pie that's like 4 inches larger and made with everything top of the line.
Most of Pizza Hut's large pizzas are $11 currently I think stuffed crust was the only exception, use to be $10 and sometimes was $9 and they'll usually give you the online price without issue. This has been the case for years now.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
The pizza I purchased this week was $7.99 for a large.

Dominos is like $50 in comparison. ;)

ifyaCtORGRsy3.JPG

For those asking for pics:

My pizza was hand-tossed, toasted cheddar crust, crushed tomato sauce, cheese, chicken, and mushroom.

Rjs2ThX.jpg

My girlfriend went crazy, getting a pan, garlic butter crust, crushed tomato sauce, salami, banana peppers, and a balsamic drizzle. Tasted pretty good.

qM0tDwn.jpg

Went in and wanted to look at the menu to pick out my pizza. Huge mistake. The guy at the computer did not how to work it at all. I saw him grab the screen with both hands and squeeze so hard I heard it crack. I was waiting for him to do the order for so long that I had enough time to type the order into the website on my smart phone and get it ready for submission. That's a good thing because when he tried to get my money he hadn't applied the deal price so I knew what price I should be getting.

TLDR: Always order online. Always.

-PXG-

...Not as bad as I thought. I would say they have improved.

I got one pepperoni and sausage and the other with bacon, olives and the sweet tomato sauce. Not bad.

sangreal

Got 2 of them today,

My GF got the garden party:
pizza1.png

She went w/ thin crust and had them remove the onions and mushrooms so not much a party. Added Parmesan crust edge but they missed that. Didn't try it but she said it was good

I went with a thin-crust 7-Alarm Fire
pizza2.png

I was really just excited for the cherry peppers since I always get as many peppers as I can on my pizza. They didn't disappoint. The rest was pretty forgettable, standard Hut fare. I added bacon and honey sriracha drizzle but they fucked that up and put balsamic on it. My biggest complaint though is that even with all these hot peppers and "fiery" crust, it just isn't spicy enough. Anyways, I'd order this one again but there are a few others I want to try -- and I still want to try the honey sriracha

They had an $11 any pizza any size deal so it wasn't too bad. Will feed me for a couple of days

Seeing as I had Pizza Hut a week ago I might order one tonight to taste the difference.

However my last order took OVER TWO HOURS to be delivered, what in the flying fuck?

.hacked

Had a Pretezl Piggy and Old Fashioned Meatbrawl last night. 1st time ordering Pizza Hut since early 2011 and 1st time I did not wake up at 2:00am with the runs.

Much improved will try again.

terrisus

So, I got a pizza with... Hmm...

Bacon Cheese Stuffed Crust
Extra Pepperoni
Extra Salami
Extra Bacon
Extra Grilled Chicken
Buffalo Drizzle
Toasted Parmesan Crust

pizza03.jpg

For $16.49

I mean, it's pretty good I suppose.

But, still would rather get from a place closer by, that delivers (no Pizza Hut near me delivers to me), that's better, and costs less.
Sorry, Pizza Hut.

terrisus

Although, I just noticed on looking at that picture...

What the heck's that green thing on my pizza?...

Time for a lawsuit!

Kidding...

But, I did pick it off >.>

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Are the meatballs better than their old ones? They were dry and tasteless. I love the Domino's ones though.

I put my orderin on their website a few hours before my pickup at 5.

Haven't been t a Pizza Hut in years. I show up at 5 cashier tells me it's going to be another 30 minutes. The place is fucking dead empty.

I stand there for a few minutes. The place smelt like dirty mop and looked like Burger King took a shit on it. I decided to bounce. No way anything coming out of that place could even touch Dominos.

so i walked in a Pizza Hut drunk as hell and ordered a pretty standard pizza.

-Pan Pizza
-Pizza Hut Hut Crust
-Mushrooms
-Pepperoni
-Garlic dipping sauce
-Marinara dipping sauce

its good, im also drunk so theres that. i liken Pizza Hut to the pizza version of Taco Bell. its good for what is. would buy again, i only paid $8.50, so not too shabby.

MsL1ZY4h.jpg

aiCGcdyh.jpg

JoT0VFeh.jpg

Lazyslob

Banned
so i walked in a Pizza Hut drunk as hell and ordered a pretty standard pizza.

-Pan Pizza
-Pizza Hut Hut Crust
-Mushrooms
-Pepperoni
-Garlic dipping sauce
-Marinara dipping sauce

its good, im also drunk so theres that. i liken Pizza Hut to the pizza version of Taco Bell. its good for what is. would buy again, i only paid $8.50, so not too shabby.

MsL1ZY4h.jpg

aiCGcdyh.jpg

JoT0VFeh.jpg

man thats a weak portion of pepperoni and mushroom

Persona7

Banned
those cherry peppers are really good, I should have took pics. It also had very little grease on it.

i got the crushed tomato sauce, bacon and cherry peppers with the parmesan crust.

I will probably try this tomorrow.

How is the amount of marinara on their pizzas? I hate pizza without the right amount of sauce.

HUELEN10

I'll post a pic of my pretzel pizza later, but they fucked up my order.

I can call tomorrow and get a free one, right?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Got a pizza with the buttery crust and topped with meatballs and ham, and sriracha drizzle. It was actually really good.

Pizza Hut is just a hot circle of garbage. Easily the bottom rung of the chain pizzas.

This whole thread is about their overhaul lol, have you tried them since they changed?

ISOM

The new recipes look great and I have always loved pizza hut pizza. Unfortunately there are only dominos near me so I can't try it out. If pizza hut plans on beating domino's then they need to open up more delivery places.

Protip: ask for the up to 5 topping large for $11 special and they'll still give it to you.

This varies from store to store. Some ownership groups allow it, others don't. Some groups want to try and push customers towards online ordering to free up in store employees from being on the phones as often. It helps to ensure higher quality pizzas and save on labor costs.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I should of just had Pizza Hut today. I spent $33 having two medium sized pizzas delivered from Godfather's. That is a horrible price and Pizza Hut tastes so much better. I'm glad I get to see more people going to their buffet or eating inside.

Godfather's is such a rip off. http://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/godfathers-pizza-prices/ Who is going to charge $20 for a large pizza when Pizza Hut just dominated the market with $10 large(s) over a year ago?

I should of just had Pizza Hut today. I spent $33 having two medium sized pizzas delivered from Godfather's. That is a horrible price and Pizza Hut tastes so much better. I'm glad I get to see more people going to their buffet or eating inside.

My local godfathers has the best blue cheese, huge chunks. They also have breaded bone in wings. Get those with the BC if your place has it. Pizza from Godfathers is questionable.

TylerD

Ordered 2 mediums, both pan.

Salami, Italian sausage, crushed tomato sauce, honey siracha drizzle, pretzel crust.
- really tasty! The drizzle and pretzel crust was a great combo 8/10

Chicken, green peppers, garlic Alfredo sauce, fiery red pepper crust.
- pretty good, the red pepper crust was lacking for me. 6/10

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My local godfathers has the best blue cheese, huge chunks. They also have breaded bone in wings. Get those with the BC if your place has it. Pizza from Godfathers is questionable.

The only reason I enjoy Godfather's is because I grew up with the franchise. I played Turtles in Time at their restaurant, I enjoyed countless slices of taco and hamburger pizza, and because they advertised jumbo pizzas. Pizza Hut out does them 10 to 2 with everything else IMO. Also; the inside of their restaurants (Pizza Hut) smell better too. If anything; Godfather's should relaunch their brand and lower their prices.

yo for real, i can't ever picture myself asking anyone for a "pretzel piggy pizza"

There are non chain pizza places around here that make you say the names of way dumber Pizzas than that.

Like "Cotton Mouth Cure". The fuck? Just give me the pizza with the meatballs and onions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom